THE TRUTH

Love Me Again

 

Joe POV

Pol went into his house and visit him. the two of them were chitchatting.

Pol: hey, how are you? Do you want to go out? Have some fun?

Joe: ok…let’s go to the village court…let’s play basketball…

Pol: ok…

They went change for a jersey shirt and short went to the court and play basketball. After 3 hours they’re tired and went to Joe’s house and take a rest there.

Pol: aishhhh…it’s been a long time since a played basketball…

Joe: hahaha! I can see it…look at your body…you’re no longer the body that every girl couldn’t resist… hahahaha!

Pol: yah! coz you have a perfect body you have the right to said that to me? look at this guy…

Joe: yah! I was kidding…yah…I’ll go home…I’m going somewhere… bali…

Pol: where are you going? Can I come?

Joe: shirreoooo…

Pol went home and Joe take a bath and went to the mall, he wants to visit Mavin… it’s been 3 years that they never see each other.

Mavin POV

He was at second year in middle school, he grew up well and became the popular guy in their school. His family still runs their karaoke bar, Joe visit them and he was surprised and glad to see his hyung…

Joe: Mavin??? Oh look at you, are you taller than me now?

Mavin: aniyo hyung, I’m still a kid… (Mavin went beside Joe to look how taller he is compared to Joe. Joe is still taller than him, Mavin is 5”6’ and Joe was 5”8’)

Joe: woahhh Mavin I miss you…(he put his arm on Mavin’s shoulder and pat his head)kaja…hyung wants to be with you…let’s go for a stroll..

Mavin: ahhhh..hyung..don’t touch my hair… stroll? Pretty noona is coming here today…

Joe: pretty noona???

Mavin: deh, she’s always here every Friday and we are eating dinner outside… maybe a minute she’s here…

Joe: yah!!! you want her more than your hyung???

Mavin: deh! since you left she’s always going here chatting with us every Friday… and she even give me present…

Joe: aishhhh! Come on I’ll buy you whatever you want…

Mavin: chincha??? (Jennie walks inside the karaoke bar) pretty noona??(happy to see his noona and quickly went near her when he saw a cake on Jennie’s hand)

Jennie: (she was surprised when she saw Joe there) oh, annyeonghaseyo (weak voice. Mavin drags her near Joe)

Mavin: (Mavin knew what happened to his noona and hyung so he is aware about their situation) ahhhh… noona is it ok if I go out with hyung today?

Jennie: ah is that so? Deh, I’ll just go home then…see you next Friday?

Mavin: deh noona… I wish we could spend time together today but this hyung forcing me to go out…

Joe: mwooohhh? Kure…if you want we can cancel it..

Jennie: ani, Mavin go have some time with your hyung arasso? Don’t you miss him?

Mavin: deh pretty noona… (he felt sad)

Joe: if you want you can come with us, if you’re not busy…

Mavin: that will be great…please pretty noona…come with us…we’re going to take a stroll…right! Let’s go to Han River…or in the park…

Joe: it’s getting late…why you want to go to those places?

Mavin: weh??? come on hyung… (he drags the both of them out of the mall and went to Joe’s car. Their first destination was on the park, Joe and Mavin played basketball while Jennie was watching at them, sitting on the bench)

Joe: aishhh…you’re good at this game…come on let’s take a little rest. (they went near to Jennie and take a sit)

Mavin:hyung…you lost…hahahahaha…begopa…

Jennie: you’re hungry? Wait here and I’ll go buy some snacks for us…

Mavin: shall I come with you?

Jennie:aniyo…stay here…besides there’s a near fast food here…ok wait here…

Mavin: deh….(Jennie went and the two of them left)

Joe: are you that close to her? You’re becoming a man ang you still call her pretty noona???pffttt…

Mavin: weh? weh? weh? jealous???

Joe: mwohhh???

Mavin: hahahahaahahahah…

Joe: what are you laughing at?

Mavin: do you still love pretty noona?

Joe: aishhh…what’s with that question? Of course I don’t love her…

Mavin: I just want to know… do you know that pretty noona has a boyfriend?

Joe: deh, and she’s getting married…

Mavin: deh, but I can’t see her happy with that guy…

Joe: weh? you saw her boyfriend?

Mavin: there was a time that he came to the karaoke bar and forcedly dragged pretty noona, they were arguing…the guy yelled at her, leaved her crying.

Joe: mwoh??? Well it’s just normal for a couple to argue…

Mavin: ani… I know pretty noona is not happy… I know… she was having a hard time since the day her father rushed into hospital.

Joe: mwohhh??? Her father was in the hospital??

Mavin: it’s been 3 years but he still in coma… pretty noona once invited me to visit her father… (they we’re chatting when Jennie came and hold a lot of foods.)

After finishing their snacks they went to the Han River, Joe kept silent that whole time. He send them home safely and went to Pol’s bar..

 

Joe POV

Pol: oh Joe, what’s up?

Joe: give me a strong one..

Pol:do you have a problem? Come let’s go inside…

Joe: (they were drinking) tell me, is it true that Jennie’s father still in coma?

Pol: deh, how did you found out?

Joe: (he was a bit irritated) tell me, is she fine when I left? How is she when the day I left? She’s happy right??? She lived well the day I left??right??

Pol:ani…you know it’s hard for me to keep quiet that time… Jennie broke up with you not because she doesn’t love you but because she was just a good daughter…

Joe: mwoh??(he drank another glass of tequila)

Pol: 2 days before our graduation, the day she broke up with you, that was the hardest decision she needs to do. I don’t want to tell you this because I promised Jennie to keep it…but since you’re here I want you to understand her not to hate her… the reason she broke up with you is because her father was hospitalized, you don’t know this because you left after that day and didn’t even say goodbye to us… she and her father was arguing because Jennie don’t want to follow her father’s decision of her getting married with Rey. She want to fight for you but how could she even do that if that was the reason why her father was in coma… she decided to broke up with you and fulfill her father’s decision… Jennie focused learning their business… she never have time to hang-out with us… Rey never treat her right... so if you still love her, win her back…

Joe: I wish I didn’t leaved that time…mianhe,..(he was crying and he went out of the bar)

Pol: where are you going?

Joe: give me her phone number…I need to see her… I want to see her… you’re right, I’d still love her and I want her back…

Pol: here…don’t rush things and you’re drunk…(Joe just left him)

End of chapter