Dinner Last Night

Je l'aimais

 

Taeyeon POV 
 

"I hope you understand that I asked to talk to you because I want you to know that I regret everything that I've done that night." I added.

 
"The reason why I agreed to talk to you is to know why you left me that night." she looked at me with a firm expression. I could see that she wanted me to respond to her unanswered questions.
 
"Simply because I wasn't ready. Marriage is a huge step for me..." I wasn't lying, but that wasn't the whole truth either.
 
"Jessica, I was a bastard that time and I am again tonight because of the next words that I'm going to say."
 
She gave me a softer look with a hint of curiosity.
 
"Please forgive me. I love you so much... Please take me back." 
 
I said those words sincerely and truthfully. For the past two months, I've tried to clear my thoughts and my heart. It was only indefinite feelings between me and Tiffany because the person that I've been yearning for was Jessica. I missed her smile, her eyes, her hugs, her kisses... everything about her. I broke her back then and I'm willing to do anything to make this better for her. I'll earn the trust for five years again if I have to. All I know is that I'm a mess without her. I love her... I love Jessica.
 
Jessica POV
 
I felt my knees weaken when she said those words. I love Taeyeon so much. Of course I'd take her back in a heartbeat but fear held me back from expressing my feelings. As long as I knew that she still needs me, I won't hesitate to take her back but I was still afraid that it might happen again since she clearly broke my trust.
 
"Taeyeon..." I puffed out a lungful of air out of my nostrils.
 
"You completely abandoned me for two months. It was really hard on me, Tae." I tried to hide my fear with a simple smile.
 
Taeyeon looked up the night sky and exhaled deeply. I could see tears slowly clouding her eyes. She chuckled the pain out.
 
"I did abandon you, but I still cared for you... your dinner last night was a practical example." She giggled, facing back at me.
 
"What dinner? Seohyun prepared that." I corrected her.
 
"I prepared it. I brought the tray and after I knocked on your door, I panicked and quickly grabbed the closest girl, which was Seohyun, to bring it to you." She further explained.
 
"She does still care." I thought to myself.
 
"You knew that I was famished." I laughingly said.
 
"I know you too well." She laughed back.
 
We were completely calm and composed now and it felt good that way. No more grudges held, but I still hadn't made up my mind if I was gonna take her back although I really wanted to.
 
"Look, Tae... I really need to think about it for a while." I gave her a half smile.
 
"I understand." She reflected my image.
 
"It actually surprised me that you're gonna think about it and not just slap my face or something." She joked as she inserted both of her hands in the pocket of her hoodie.
 
I was surprised about it myself. But I knew that Taeyeon was my weakness, when it comes to her... my heart softens. 
 
"We better go... It's really, really late. Our schedule tomorrow starts at 9." She exposed her dorky smile.
 
"You go ahead. I just have some stuff to think about."
 
She giggled.
 
As she started to walk back to the elevator she turned to face me.
 
"Sica!" She shouted.
 
"Ne?" I turned my head to face her.
 
"Thank you. Honestly, I've never been this happy again." She smiled and continued to walk away.
 
I love Taeyeon... I'm weak when she's in front me. But being back together? I wasn't really sure. At least we could start with acting normal around each other again.