Waiting

Je l'aimais

 

Taeyeon POV
 
As much I hated the sight of Yuri and Jessica together. I was deeply worried about Jessica. I never dreamt of seeing her like this.
 
 
I wanted to ease her mind a bit by cooking some food for her.
 
 
I heard her door slammed open that completely startled me.
 
 
“Sica… wait. Where you going?”
 
 
She stopped from leaving and turned to face me, her expression now filled with shame.
 
 
“I’m going to the airport. I have to see Yuri.”
 
 
I bowed my head as I continued to be silent.
 
 
Yuri again… even when she’s already gone.
 
 
I can’t get mad at Jessica, maybe because the pain started to numb my soul.
 
 
“I’ll be back.” She spoke again and left the dorm.
 
 
I fell on my knees as soon her absence filled the air.
 
 
“Please come back… back to me.” I cried out as I cupped my face with my palms.
 
 
Jessica POV
 
I drove on the streets of Seoul to the airport while I thought about what I was gonna say to Yuri. I thought of stopping her, I never wanted her to leave and her note made me more determined to try harder.
 
 
I ran to the gates of the airport but unfortunately, a huge security guard stopped me.
 
 
“Excuse me, Miss, but do you have a flight scheduled tonight?”
 
 
“No.” I answered, panting.
 
 
“Are you picking up or dropping off a relative?”
 
 
“No.” I slightly shouted, still panting.
 
 
“Then sorry, but you cannot enter, Miss.”
 
 
“Are you insane?! This is an airport, why are there restrictions now? I have to go in there! I’m chasing someone!”
 
 
“May I see some identification, Miss?”
 
 
“Oh for the love of God, I’m Jessica Jung! Don’t you recognize me? I’m from So Nyuh Shi Dae!” I complained.
 
 
“I’ve heard that story a million times before from other posers who even had plastic surgeries just to look like them.” He grabbed my arm and started to pull me back to the parking lot.
 
 
“No! Wait! You don’t understand. I’m calling manager Oppa if you don’t hand me down.”
 
 
He ignored my threat. And I continued to make dolphin squeals throughout the lot.
Luckily, I escaped his grip and ran back inside the airport.
 
 
As I ran, I knew that I broke several rules and regulations that would cause me another rant from manager Oppa, but right now I didn’t care. All I wanted was to see a smile painted across Yuri’s angelic face.
 
 
“Yuri-ah!” I screamed out loud.
 
 
People started staring at me, like I was a mentally ill person who lost her way. What startled them the most was that they knew who I was.
 
 
“Hey! That’s Jessica from SNSD.” They murmured.
 
 
“Yul!” I shouted again multiple times through security gates and check-in counters.
 
 
I started to sob as I turned my head trying to look for those dark eyes and wavy, dark brown hair. Every step I took, every moment I yelled her name, I was losing hope. Maybe she was already on a plane or maybe at the boarding station.
 
 
Wait… At the boarding station. If she isn’t on a plane yet then she certainly has to be there. It was risky because I would have to escape a lot of security guards and try to run as fast as I could… and I did.
 
 
Many guards were already chasing me as I checked every seat to find Yuri’s face.
 
 
I was sure that I checked the whole boarding station and she wasn’t there.
 
 
I felt a dagger passing through my heart.
 
 
“Yuri-ah!” I screamed again as I bowed my head.
 
 
“Sica?”
 
 
I faced to the sweet voice behind me to find Yuri standing there with a worried face just a few feet away from me.
 
 
“Yuri-ah!” I ran to her like a child running to her mother.
 
 
I immediately buried my face on her chest like what I did this morning. My tears flowing on her black trench coat and my hands grabbing her back tightly.
 
 
“Sica… why are you here?” She looked down and softly rubbed my back.
 
 
“You can’t leave me.” I sobbed between my words.
 
 
“Look! There she is!” A man from afar screamed as his other co-workers ran behind him, I assumed that he was talking about me.
 
 
“Are they chasing you?” Yuri asked confusingly.
 
 
I didn’t respond.
 
 
“Sica, manager Oppa will be furious.”
 
 
“It’s gonna be worth it anyway when you come back home with me.” I looked up at her.
 
 
She gently touched my chin with the tips of her thumb and index finger.
 
 
“Then you’re just bringing trouble to yourself.”
 
 
“Is there anything I can do to stop you from leaving?”
 
 
She closed her eyes as she bit her lips and released the connection between my chin and her fingers.
 
 
“Yul… please.” I begged.
 
 
“I care about you so much…” I added.
 
 
She smiled while tears were starting to pile up on her eyes.
 
 
“I love you too…” She spoke.
 
 
More tears flowed heavily as I kept her closer to my body until the security guard from earlier grabbed my arm on Yuri’s back.
 
 
“Gotcha!” He belted.
 
 
Yuri turned her head and gave the huge man a death glare.
 
 
“What are you doing?”
 
 
“U-uh. Ms. Kwon. I… Uhmmm.”
 
 
“Let go of her.” She raised her brow at the man and he immediately obeyed. Her arms still wrapped around me.
 
 
“So it’s true… She’s Jessica Jung.”
 
 
“Obviously.” She rolled her eyes.
 
 
I just stared at them underneath Yuri’s chin. I never saw Yuri like this before; tough and leader like. It , honestly.
 
 
“I-I’m so sorry, Ms. Kwon. I didn’t mean to. It’s just that there were many posers already and—”
 
 
“I understand… you were just doing your job.” She smiled, lightening up her mood.
 
 
“I just didn’t like how aggressive you were on her.” She added, looking back at me as she wiped off the tears off my cheeks while I just stared at her dark eyes.
 
 
She released me and we both faced the security guard.
 
 
“If there was any damage done, just put the expenses under my name and give me a call about it soon.”
 
 
“Is there anything that I could do to make up for my behavior, Ms. Kwon?” The man asked humbly. He was like Yuri’s puppy.
 
 
“Well… that’s really nice of you but all I ask is that all of this won’t reach our manager Oppa.”
 
 
“Oh you have my word, Ms. Kwon.”
 
 
“And that, Ms. Jung here will get home safely. I don’t want anything bad to happen to her.” She added as she glanced at me.
 
 
“Yes, Of course.”
 
 
“A moment please.”
 
 
The security man immediately stood by a bit far away from us with the other guards to give me and Yuri our privacy.
 
 
“Sica… you need to go home, eat, and get some rest.” She spoke as she fixed my hair.
 
 
“Yul… you didn’t have to do all of that.”
 
 
“I didn’t like the way he touched you. He was aggressive, he was causing you pain.”
 
 
“You're not gonna stay?"
 
 
"Jess, you know I can't. But I'll be back."
 
 
"I'll be waiting." I answered.
 
 
She smiled and kissed my forehead; long and sweetly.
 
 
I love you so much, Yul. I thought sadly as her lips were pressed on my skin.