The Bracelet

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Taeyeon POV

 

Is this what I get for breaking your heart? Is this what I deserve when I got tempted? I believe so.

 

 

I want you back… But how?

 

 

I want to redeem myself but it seems like the way of the universe won’t let me.

 

 

I want to fix things, but every time I make my move, you always seem to run away. It’s like you’re leading me on. You told me that you want to fix things as well but all of those are just words.

 

 

I love you, Jessica… I hope that sentence still means something to you.

 

 

Here I am standing in front of your door. My heart filled with loneliness as I raise my fist, ready to knock anytime now.

 

 

I memorized every move you’d make in the mornings when we were still together.

 

 

I would yell at your door saying “Sica! Open the door! I have a tray with me!”

 

 

Without hesitation, I could hear your feet jump out off your bed in excitement and you would eagerly open the door with your sleepy eyes and lovable smirk looking at me.

 

 

As I enter your room with the tray of breakfast, you would carelessly kiss my cheek and greet me ‘Good morning, Taengoo!’ with your lips still pressed on my skin.

 

 

We did that every single morning for the past five years. I miss those mornings so much.

 

 

But I guess this is what I deserve for letting you go.

 

I bow my head with my fist still raised.

 

 

“I love you so much, Jess…” I whispered at your door.

 

 

Tiffany POV

 

“So are we gonna start sleeping together again?” Yuri asked as we entered at the apartment after supper.

 

 

“Oh. It’s up to you; you’re welcome to sleep in my bed again.” I smirked.

 

 

“I guess I will.” She grinned.

 

 

I giggled back.

 

 

She looked at my coffee table to discover my favorite bracelet laying there.

 

 

It was a gold bracelet with a dangling pink, heart pendant.

 

 

“It’s the first time I saw your bracelet somewhere else rather than your wrist.” She joked.

 

 

“Oh. That.” I awkwardly respond with a chuckle.

 

 

“You never removed that since the day we met. I actually don’t know where it came from. Who gave it to you?” She asked spontaneously.

 

 

“That bracelet…”

 

 

Flashback…

 

It was years ago when we started training at SME. Taeyeon was my first roommate and my closest friend that time. We were around twelve years old.

 

“Fany-ah!” Taeyeon shouted in excitement as she entered our room.

 

 

“Why, Tae?”

 

 

“Look what I bought!” She panted and she immediately hopped in bed to show me what’s in her hands, like she was holding some fragile treasure.

 

 

“It’s charm bracelets. I was going around town by myself and I saw this in an antique store. The old lady that said that it’s best friend charms.”

 

 

“The other one is pink!” I shouted in delight as I clapped my hands.

 

 

“I know! Yours will be the pink and I’ll have the baby blue since it’s my favorite color.” She spoke as she placed strands of her hair behind her ear.

 

 

“You’re giving it to me?” I asked innocently, eyes focused on her.

 

 

“Well, of course! You are my best friend. We’ll wear it everyday, deal?” She spoke, joyful.

 

 

She handed me the bracelet. I carefully took it from her and looked at its gold metal chains and admiring the pink, heart pendant that made it perfect.

 

 

I wore it and stretched my arm in front of my body to see how good it looked on me.

 

 

“It’s perfect for you. Promise me you won’t take it off.” Taeyeon giggled and immediately wore hers.

 

 

“I promise! I love it! I’ll never ever remove it no matter what happens. Thank you, Tae!” I hugged her tight.

 

 

After a few moments of silence during our embrace she spoke with her chin resting on my shoulder.

 

 

“I’m your best friend, right?” She asked.

 

 

“You’re my only friend since I got here, Tae. Even if I meet other people in the future, you’ll still be my one and only best friend.” I spoke as I closed my eyes, enjoying the moment.

 

 

I felt her hug tightened, in a protective and a possessive way.

 

 

It was the first time anyone besides my family members has given anything to me. I’ve had many jewelry and accessories over the years but that was the only thing that I truly cherished.

 

 

End of Flashback…

 

“Actually… I don’t remember. It’s been so long, I guess I forgot.” I lied.

 

 

“Well, that’s sad. Hey, I’ll take a shower now, okay?” Yuri informed sweetly and left me at the living room.

 

 

I went closer to the coffee table, picking up the bracelet and admiring the pink pendant.

 

 

It took a few moments for me to wear it around my wrist again.

 

 

“You’re still my best friend, Tae. And even though I’m no longer your best friend, I hope you know that in between my teases I just want you to know how sorry I am for what I’ve done.” I whispered as I pressed the bracelet against my lips.

 

Taeyeon POV

 

I went back to my room and decided to get a shower first. I had to think of the words I had to say to Jessica first, and I do most of my thinking in the bathroom. 

 

I opened my closet to grab some fresh clothes until I discovered my bracelet with a baby blue, heart pendant. I slowly picked it up and just stared at it for a moment. I no longer wear it but I still keep it. It was still one of the most important objects that I had no matter how much I hated Tiffany now, because every time I stare at this charm, I don't see the Tiffany that left me... I see my innocent best friend who I cared for so much.

 

"I'm sure Tiffany threw hers by now..." I thought.