Me Too

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Jessica POV

 

“Is everyone here? We have ten minutes before we go in the conference room. The interviewers are going crazy inside so we need to enter on time.” Our manager Oppa alarmed us.

 

 

Taeyeon checked if everyone was present.

 

 

“Yuri is not yet here.” I informed worriedly.

 

 

I was getting worried where Yuri was. I didn’t see her since Taeyeon and I came back and she didn’t call. I was worried that something horrible might’ve happened.

 

 

“Yeah. Yuri.” Taeyeon spoke, looking disappointed.

 

 

“Taeng—”

 

 

“Then go look for her, Sooyeon. We don’t have much time.” Oppa cut me off, I couldn’t leave Taeyeon like that but at the same I couldn’t disobey manager Oppa’s command.

 

 

I ran away to look for Yuri around the building. I tried calling her cell but she wasn’t available. I felt my heart raising. I tried to go back to the place where I left her.

 

 

I sneaked at the corner of the wall to discover that she was still on the phone with Tiffany, smiling, giggling. I got confused.

 

 

“Yul?”

 

 

She turned her head, her happiness starting to fade.

 

 

“Sica… Hold on a sec, Tiff.”

 

 

“Back so soon?” She asked.

 

 

“Manager Oppa is looking for you. Next conference starts in 10 minutes. We can’t be late. I see you’re still talking to Tiffany.”

 

 

“Yeah.” She took the time to stare at her phone.

 

 

“Just catching up.” She added.

 

 

My eyes widened.

 

 

“So you’re back together?” I asked slightly aggressive.

 

 

“No. We’re just… catching up.”

 

 

She returned to Tiffany.

 

 

“Hello, Tiff? I’ll call you again later, okay? We have another conference. Bye!”

 

 

“Is this leading to something?” I pointed at her phone dictating that I was talking about Tiffany.

 

 

“Sica, I decided not to get mad at her anymore. We’re just friends.”

 

 

“For now.” I spoke.

 

 

“Sica?”

 

 

“I just don’t want you to get hurt again.”

 

 

“I’ve got hurt enough, Sica. I think my heart got used to it by now.” She responded, slightly angry as she walked away.

 

 

I pulled her arm to stop her from leaving.

 

 

“I think there’s something we need to talk about. We have to discuss this later when we get home.” I spoke firmly.

 

 

“There’s nothing to talk about.” She answered, escaping my grip.

 

 

“Then why are you acting like this?” I turned around.

 

 

“This isn’t the first time you pushed me away, you know.”

 

 

She stopped walking and faced me as she sighed heavily.

 

 

“Because I’m still in the process of forgetting what happened to us, and for once I actually forgot about it even just for a while when I heard Tiffany’s voice.”

 

 

I froze.

 

 

“And you know what? Whenever you said that you would always be there for me, it brings joy and at the same time it breaks my heart. Because I know that even though you will always be there to take care of me, there will always be someone that you’ll love more and I keep on wishing that it would it be me even though it’s not.” She started to cry.

 

 

“Jessica! Yuri!” A voice yelled at us.

 

 

It became clear to both of us that it was Taeyeon. It seemed that Taeyeon looked disappointed at the sight of Yuri and me together.

 

 

“Manager Oppa needs us now. If I were you two, I’d think of a good excuse what took you girls so long.” She added, acting all leader like.

 

 

Yuri and I walked together as she was wiping the tears that Taeyeon didn’t notice.

 

 

“Yuri…” I said worriedly.

 

 

I tried to side hug her.

 

 

“Don’t even try to talk to me.” She increased her pace to leave me behind.

 

 

“I’m still trying to forget what happened between us too.” I whispered softly to myself.