Wondering

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Taeyeon POV

 

I stood close to the door while I held a glass of champagne in my hand as I anticipated for them to come back. What would they look like after the break up?

 

 

Yuri was the first one to come back. She looked furious. Why? There are a lot of reasons for her to be mad but I can’t point which one.

 

 

Her anger was intimidating.

 

 

She was trying to look for someone as I stared at her from afar; probably Jessica.

 

 

“This is really goodbye for us, Jessie.” I mumbled before taking a sip.

 

 

Yuri POV

 

I saw her talking to Sooyoung and Sunny by the dance floor; laughing and smiling. She looked so happy. It just breaks my heart that my announcement might be able to break that happiness.

 

 

“Sica!” I shouted.

 

 

She immediately looked around and finally caught my eyes.

 

 

She grinned at me and I smiled back… She knew I was free.

 

 

She bid her goodbyes to the two and quickly ran up to me; embracing me tight around my neck as I hugged her by the waist.

 

 

“It’s over…” I mumbled and I felt her breathe brushing on my skin as she chuckled.

 

 

“I can’t believe this is really happening.” She grinned.

 

 

How could I break the news to her?

 

 

“Sica… I need to tell you something… It’s about Tiffany.”

 

 

“What is it?” She grinned at me as she broke the embrace.

 

 

“It’s also about Taeyeon…”

 

 

Her smile slowly faded as she crossed her arms.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Tiffany confessed that… she was in an affair with Taeyeon while we were together… months ago.”

 

 

“That’s impossible. Taeyeon and I were together months a—”

 

 

She paused as her jaws slowly dropped.

 

 

“Yul… You shouldn’t lie about things like that.”

 

 

I was completely shocked with what she said.

 

 

“You think I’m lying?” I raised my tone.

 

 

“I don’t know with you. You already have me, Yul. I can’t think of a reason why you should bash on her. I know you and Taeyeon were never really close but I know her… She’d never do that to me.”

 

 

“Jessica, can’t you see? That’s why she declined when you proposed… because she was in love with someone else!”

 

 

We were fighting. We’ve never fought like this before.

 

 

“Taeyeon would never do that to me.”

 

 

“She already did!” I yelled.

 

 

“How you would even know that Tiffany isn’t lying to you again?”

 

 

“Because she’s the type of girl who won’t destroy her image for anything; truth or lies!”

 

 

“I’m not falling for that. I’m starting to believe that you don’t want us to work.” She spoke.

 

 

“That’s one idiotic idea. You don’t trust me… Great. If you trust Taeyeon so much why don’t you ask her yourself?! God damn it.”

 

 

Jessica POV

 

She never shouted at me like that before. I’ve never seen her this angry… and I’ve never been this upset.

 

 

I stood there as I tried to avoid her eyes; not answering back.

 

 

“Look, Sica. I’m going home. I’ve had enough crap for one night.” She angrily implied as she headed to Sooyoung and Sunny to bid her goodbyes.

 

 

I glued my eyes to the ceiling to avoid my tears from falling.

 

 

As soon as Yuri passed by me to leave the ballroom, I snappily grabbed her hand.

 

 

“Yul.” I called out in a calm manner.

 

 

“Sica…” She faced me.

 

 

“How could you even love me if you don’t trust the information I deliver to you?” She spoke as tears rolled down her cheeks.

 

 

She quickly escaped my grip as she finally left the ballroom.

 

 

Yuri POV

 

I went to the parking lot and slammed my car open and slamming it close again by my side.

 

 

I rested my face on the stirring wheel as I cried hard and loud.

 

 

“I loved you so much, Jessica…” I sobbed and sniffed.

 

 

It’s painful that everything I do, I do it for her and yet she denies everything that I say.

 

 

When she said that she’s starting to wonder if I even want our relationship to work, that completely killed me. How could she even think of something like that? It seems like no matter how much we try to meet one other, something always screws up our relationship. I’m also starting to wonder if there’s still hope for us to be together.

 

 

"I thought tonight was finally gonna be our happy ending..." I sobbed again.