You Promised Me

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Yuri POV

 

"Sica... It's morning." I tried to wake her up and obviously it wasn’t easy.

 

 

We slept together in the most innocent sense that I could describe. She just wanted to lie beside me and fall asleep eventually. I went to sleep before her and I don't know what she did the whole time she was awake. I just enjoyed every moment of it... Sleeping next to her for the very last time.

 

 

"Sicaaaaa... Wake up." I started to poke her arm above her head like a little kid.

 

 

I tried to lay a peck on her cheek but she moved her body as I leaned and it ended up giving a peck on her lips.

 

 

Her eyes opened widely as mine did the same.

 

 

"Why did you kiss me?" She asked, somewhat happy.

 

 

"I was going to kiss your cheek, but you moved." I defended childishly.

 

 

We kept silent for a few moments due to the awkwardness.

 

 

"Well... I gotta go." She stood up, headed to the door.

 

 

"Okay."

 

 

"Wait... No." She turned again to face me.

 

 

"You're leaving today. I'll still see you before your flight, right?"

 

 

Actually, I planned not to because she might give a dramatic speech and I don’t want to see her sad or else it will deprive me from leaving.

 

 

I nodded instead of speaking.

 

 

“Promise me I’ll still see you before your flight tonight.” She spoke again stretching her pinky finger in front of me, her expression showing that she wasn’t satisfied with a nod.

 

 

I curled up my pinky finger with hers and didn’t say a word but instead, giving her a look that said “Don’t you trust me?”

 

 

“Okay. I have an early, tight and separate schedule today so I’ll try my best to come home immediately before you go.”

 

 

She went out of the room with an innocent smile playing on her lips; I reflected her expression.

 

 

I fixed my remaining stuff and carried my luggage out in the living room. To my surprise, Taeyeon sat on our fuzzy, green couch reading a novel; her short hair tied in a bun with her glasses on. I took this opportunity to remind her about the promise.

 

 

She looked up at me, quite surprised with the luggage I carried.

 

 

“Going somewhere?” She asked with a serious tone.

 

 

“Going back to America, Tiffany and I will resolve things there.” I reflected her voice as I went closer to sit beside her.

 

 

“That’s good.”

 

 

“Look, Tae. I heard that you and Jessica are not getting along right now.”

 

 

She rolled her eyes that caused me to raise a brow.

 

 

“Yuri, I have to be frank but it’s none of your business.”

 

 

“Oh, I know.” I answered teasingly.

 

 

“The thing is… you promised me that you’ll take care of Jessica for me. So… it is kinda my business.”

 

 

She placed her book on the coffee table.

 

 

“It seems like you forgot what you promised me. She told me that you two weren’t okay.”

 

 

She sighed heavily, not responding.

 

 

“You said you wouldn’t hurt her again.”

 

 

“What if I was the one who got hurt?” She asked.

 

 

“What could she possibly do to hurt you?”

 

 

“Look, Yul. All I can say is that I’m glad you’re leaving.”

 

 

I realized that I was Taeyeon’s problem. She wanted me out of the picture.

 

 

“I see.” I responded.

 

 

“I’m leaving and I trust you that you’ll be there for Jessica, every single time. You’re the only one she could run to so you better be there.”

 

 

“I’ll be able to do that once you're gone.”

 

 

“Jessica is my best friend, Tae. Don’t think of me as a threat to winning her back. I’m going to America for a reason and that’s Tiffany. Think of me as an ally. I know you love her and all I want is for you two to work things out. So if jealously is what’s going on there in your mind, erase it; because the space in there is meant for Jessica.” I warned her.

 

 

“Have a safe flight.” She grinned… obviously it was a tease.

 

 

“Thanks.” I stood up.

 

 

A door creaked open and both of our heads faced the sound which was from the bathroom.

 

 

Jessica went out after a shower with a towel wrapped around her bare body. She looked uncomfortable in the sight of Taeyeon and I talking.

 

 

“What are you doing?” Jessica asked.

 

 

“Oh, nothing. I just told our dorky, kid leader here about my leave.” I spoke.

 

 

“Yeah. Now you better change, we have an early schedule today.” Taeyeon spoke.

 

 

“You have the same schedule today?” I asked, softening my tone.

 

 

“Oh yes, Yuri. Didn’t I tell you?” She spoke sarcastically.

 

 

Jessica quickly went in her room to get some clothes on. Taeyeon and I were alone again.

 

 

“Tae, I told you. I’m not a threat. I’m just looking out for her.”

 

 

“Whatever you say.” She spoke as she grabbed her book again.

 

 

I sighed and went back to my room.

 

 

“Taeyeon’s a b*tch when she’s jealous.” I spoke to myself.