I Don't Need You

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Yuri POV

 

“This isn’t a couple of friends, Tiff!” I shouted along with the heart pounding music.

 

 

“Huh?!” She shouted back.

 

 

It was so noisy. Strobe lights flashing brightly through our eyes and not to mention the people in the club. They were so many; I’ve been squashed millions of times by others because there wasn’t even enough space for me to walk on through.

 

 

“I said! This isn’t a couple of friends! I doubt you know all of them!”

 

 

Tiffany took a shot of vodka while I yelled at her.

 

 

“Oh, come on, Yul. Loosen up a bit! Since when have you become this tight?! I came to know you as the party girl back then! What happened to you?!”

 

 

I sighed as I rolled my eyes.

 

 

“That’s in the past! Look! I’m backing out!” I yelled back.

 

 

As I tried to walk away, Tiffany grabbed my hand in time.

 

 

“Have fun with me for God’s sake, Yul!” She belted as I turned my head to meet her almost drunk eyes.

 

 

I know there was nothing I could do to change her. This was her nature; partying, drinking, going wild. She wasn’t like this before, but I was. I didn’t influence her to be the girl she is today, I just found her like this. When I met her back then, she hated the idea of drinking soju, but now, it’s like her special water.

 

 

I went closer to her with her hand still held in mine and exposing my pity expression. I cupped my other palm on her cheek as she seemed to enjoy the touch.

 

 

“Let’s go home…” I spoke softly.

 

 

“Just one shot, Yul. Please!” She giggled gloriously.

 

 

“We had our first kiss because of alcohol, remember, when you were still a party girl back then? Bring her back, Yul… Just for tonight.” She whispered across my ear seductively.

 

 

“Then you’ll come home with me?”

 

 

“Yes. I promise. You look y tonight, Yul.” She whispered again.

 

 

I was surprised by her statement.

 

 

“I thought you said my outfit was too simple?” I chuckled out.

 

 

“Well, according to the people around us staring at you, you’re the hottest girl alive.” She bit her lip after speaking.

 

 

I didn’t notice the people staring the whole time. I suddenly missed the feeling of being adored by other people because of my body or my hardcore drinking. Maybe it wasn’t so bad to take a couple of shots, as long as I’m not getting drunk.

 

 

Jessica POV

 

Taeyeon and I went to SME after lunch to talk about the newest project for our group.

 

 

So there we were… me, Taeyeon and our Manager Oppa discussing over the meeting table.

 

 

“So, many people have suggested having sub-groups for So Nyuh Shi Dae. We’ve already hosted a survey for fans and they are thrilled with the idea.” Manager Oppa explained across the meeting table.

 

 

“Sounds great, Oppa.” Taeyeon grinned.

 

 

“But how many girls will be in the sub-group?” I asked cautiously.

 

 

“Three girls for the sub-group. Then after the release of the album, So Nyuh Shi Dae will strike back as a whole. But the board is still deciding on who will be those three girls.” He spoke.

 

 

I suddenly felt my phone vibrate; at first I thought it was a text message but it didn’t stop it must’ve been a call.

 

 

I checked my phone under the table stealthily to find Yuri’s caller id displayed. I felt my heart raising from excitement and nervousness.

 

 

 “Oppa, I really have to take for while, I hope you don’t mind.”

 

 

“Who is it?” Taeyeon asked in a giggle.

 

 

“It’s Krystal, probably asking dating advice with Amber.” I lied.

 

 

“Just don’t take long.” Oppa reminded.

 

 

I stood and went out of the meeting room. I immediately answered the call with a huge smile on my face. I thought I wouldn’t hear her voice again until she comes back.

 

 

“Yuri-ah!”

 

 

“Wooooooooo! Sica baby! I missed you so much!” She shouted in a drunk voice and letting out a wild giggle after.

 

 

My smile started to fade after hearing her voice like that. I heard many people in the background and some loud music playing through. She was getting wasted again. I thought that she stopped drinking already. Well of course she’s drinking again… she’s with Tiffany. Damn her.

 

 

“You’re drunk.”

 

 

“Pshh. Nope!” She laughed out.

 

 

“Jessica! Come here with me! I missed kissing you! Remember that night!?” She paused to laugh even harder.

 

 

“Let’s bring that back!” She continued.

 

 

“Isn’t Tiffany there with you?” I asked worriedly.

 

 

“Oh don’t worry about her! I went far away from her as possible just to talk to you! Heeeey! How did you know that Tiffany might be with me?!”

 

 

“Because only Tiffany can turn you into ‘Party girl Yul’.” I spoke in a disappointed tone.

 

 

“Riiiiiiiiiight! Sicaaaaaaa baaaaabyyy! Come on! Buy a plane ticket right now and look for me here in the bar!” She continued.

 

 

“No. I have work. Yuri, go home. You need to stop drinking.”

 

 

“Fine! I don’t need you! You’re too much of a coward to admit what you feel!” She started to burst out in anger.

 

 

I felt my heart ache a little. I knew that she was drunk and she didn’t know what she was saying, but I suddenly remembered the dream that I had last night and those were the exact words that she said that scared me to death.

 

 

“I have Tiffany with me anyway! I came here to move on! I don’t need you!” She continued.

 

 

“I don’t need you too…” I spoke back, trying to keep myself calm and hanged up on her.

 

 

I started to tear a little so I started to face the ceiling to avoid my tears from falling as I exhaled deeply.

 

 

I went back at the meeting room and pretended like nothing happened.

 

 

That wasn’t the Yuri I loved. Thanks a lot Tiff.