She Was My First

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Taeyeon POV

 

I went outside of the room and quickly ran to the kitchen. I wanted to finish cooking immediately. I felt butterflies in my stomach and I wanted to go back and spend more time with Jessica.

 

 

I missed our conversations, I missed being around her. I missed that dolphin squeal and her adorable smile. But most of all, I missed the way she says “Taengoo~”. I wanted to relive it all over again; I wanted to be hers again. But I know that the decision is up to her, and I’m not really bothered by it. After what I’ve done, I can’t believe it until now that I’m not dead to her.

 

 

I went in the kitchen to find Yuri continued cooking my unfinished meals.

 

 

“Here already?” Yuri asked.

 

 

“Uhmmm. Yeah. I just brought her food.” I smiled toothlessly.

 

 

“I was just expecting that you’d be there a little longer.” She reflected my smile.

 

 

“Yuri, stop that. I’ll cook; you didn’t have to this, really. That’s too thoughtful of you.” I giggled.

 

 

By the time I finished talking, she also finished preparing a plate.

 

 

“Here. It’s yours. I assumed that you would have breakfast with Sica.” She chuckled out.

 

 

Yuri POV

 

She looked confused.

 

 

“Yuri, I’ll cook. It’s no big deal. That plate is yours.”

 

 

“Tae… go be with her.” I said while I felt my heart aching.

 

“Fine. If that’s what you want.” She gave a helpless smile.

 

 

“You two, have a lot of catching up to do so just go, okay? I told you that you’ll be taking care of her for me.” I spoke, somewhat scolding her.

 

 

“Yes, master. Yul, why are you doing this?”

 

 

I released all the cooking utensils I held and placed both of my palms on the counter as I bowed my head in frustration for the next words that came out of my mouth.

 

 

“Because Jessica needs you; I’ve seen how she’s been. She’s devastated and broken without you. You’re the only who can help her, Tae… And I know you will. Honestly, I just want to see her smile again. And it kinda that I should’ve been capable to do that because I’m her best friend but I can’t make her smile as much as you can. Your intentions are good so…” I turned my head to face her with my hands still on the counter.

 

 

“Make her smile, make her laugh, make her feel loved… because I can’t do it as good as you can.” I tried to giggle at the end.

 

 

 

“Well… we’re different, you’re a lover and I’m a best friend so you make her happier than I can.” I added.

 

 

She kept silent the whole time.

 

 

“You really care about Jessica, don’t you?” She said calmly.

 

 

“Why wouldn’t I? We have been close since our trainee days and she was there for me when Tiffany left… She comforted me and everything. I just want to do the same for her but… I have to admit that only you can comfort and make her happy. So at least what I can do as her best friend is to draw you two closer together. And I started off by cooking your breakfast and forcing you to go back in her room.”

 

 

She hugged me tight in my surprise.

 

 

“I wish I could’ve been as good to her as you were.” She whispered.

 

 

I slowly hugged her back.

 

 

“Well, now you could… even better.” Unconsciously, a tear rolled down my face and I wiped it out immediately. She didn’t seem to notice since her chin rested on my shoulder.

 

 

We broke the embrace.

 

 

“I will take care of her. Better than I did before. I’m sorry because you got caught in our break up.” She apologized.

 

 

“It’s in the past. What’s important now is that you’re here for her. So, I don’t mean to be rude or anything but, please don’t hurt her again.” I spoke with a small smile playing through my lips.

 

 

“I won’t. Look, Yul. About Tiffany, if you just need someone to talk to, I’m always here, okay? You’re sort of going through what Jessica has been through and I don’t want to see you hurting.” She placed her hand on my cheek.

 

 

“I’m fine, really. Thanks, Tae.” I smiled, I was starting to sober.

 

 

“Yul, you’re crying.”

 

 

“I’m fine, really. Tae… you should be worried when I start laughing after my heart was turned to dust.”

 

 

She giggled a bit and returned to her worried look.

 

 

“Could you just do one favor for me?” I spoke, with her palm still cupped on my cheek.

 

“Anything, Yul. Just name it and it’s yours.”

 

 

“Don’t tell Jessica that I cried right now, please.”

 

 

“Out of all people, don’t you think that she’s the one who should know what you’re going through after your break up?” She argued.

 

 

“Please, Tae.”

 

 

She sighed heavily.

 

 

“Fine. Then just talk to me when you need someone, okay?” She tilted her head adorably.

 

 

“Thank you, Tae. Now go, Jessica’s waiting. And the girls might get up soon.” I spoke as Taeyeon wiped the tears off my cheeks.

 

 

I cried for two reasons… two people. Jessica and Tiffany. Jessica seems to be going goo-goo-gah-gah over Taeyeon again and it really . On the other hand, Taeyeon reminded me of Tiffany which made the pain double itself. Flashbacks of Tiffany and I together started to play through my head and I just couldn’t hold back my tears anymore.

 

 

Tiffany and I shared something deeper than I had with anyone else. It wouldn’t be easy to completely get over her. I like Jessica… a lot. Why did I make out with her if I didn’t? But Tiffany… damn. She was my first.