Lovebirds?

Je l'aimais

 

 

Taeyeon POV

 
"Sica, where do you want to eat?" I asked as I handled the stirring wheel of Jessica's car.
 
 
"There's this family owned, Italian restaurant that Yuri brought me to once. The food is really good. We should go there!" She cheerfully answered.
 
 
Oh great. Yuri again. I think I've heard that name over a million times for the past ten minutes already. I started to frown and this time I can't make it fade.
 
 
"Whatever you say. You should drive, I don't know where it is." I suggested stubbornly.
 
 
I immediately parked her car to the nearest, vacant sidewalk. She looked at me worriedly.
 
 
"Tae, are you okay?" She asked.
 
 
"I feel excellent and starving. Let's just switch seats." I spoke as I released the seatbelt a cross my body and opened the door. Jessica followed a few moments later.
 
 
We sat at our new position and I waited for her to drive but she didn't even move an inch.
 
 
"Drive. I'm starving." I demanded.
 
 
"Not until you tell me what's going on."
 
 
She continued with her worried look. She was always like this before and I would always be the grumpy one. But that was the point, we acted like that when we were together. But now we're not so I don't have the right to get mad at her or even get jealous. Yuri is cool, I actually feel guilty 'cause I feel that I'm the reason why Tiffany broke up with her. I just wish sometimes Jessica could just stop talking about Yuri. But of course I can't tell Jessica what was really on my mind. What would I say? "Sica, please stop talking about Yuri. I'm getting jealous."? I don't have the right to tell her that and even if I did, I didn't want to boss her around.
 
 
"Jessica, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted like that." I looked back at her as I held her hand that was placed on her lap, lightening up my mood.
 
 
She smiled back and started to drive.
 
 
Jessica POV
 
25 minutes we've arrived at the restaurant and already ordered our meals.
 
 
My phone rested at the corner of my side of the table. I was expecting for Yuri to call me any minute now so I couldn't help glancing at it from time to time.
 
 
Even while we ate, I couldn't stop glancing at it. Why wasn't she calling me yet? 
 
 
"Why do you keep on looking at your phone?" Taeyeon asked after she swallowed her forkful of pasta.
 
 
"Oh nothing." I defended childishly as I continued to lightly play with my garlic bread with a knife.
 
 
"Are you expecting someone to call?" She asked again, unsatisfied with my answer.
 
 
"Not reall--"
 
 
"Is it Yuri?" She cut me off, sounding a bit stronger.
 
 
"I just... I told her that she could call me when something happens with her talk with Tiffany."
 
 
"Then she'll call you when something happens."
 
 
I gasped in silence. I didn't expect for Taeyeon to say that. 
 
 
"Sica... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that." She added.
 
 
I didn't say a word after that.
 
 
She went ahead of me out of the restaurant after she paid the bill. I followed her and as I was close enough, she tried to softly hold my hand but I resisted by placing some strands of my hair behind my ear and proceeded to the car.
 
 
The whole car ride was dead, we didn't talk at all although I wanted to but I was afraid that it would lead to an argument and the last thing I wanna do is fight with Tae.
 
 
As we arrived back at SME building, I just couldn't help it anymore. It's like we didn't exist to each other.
 
 
"Taengoo!" I yelled out.
 
 
She immediately turned her head, biting her lips like she couldn't resist turning. I knew that I would get her attention right away if I called her that.
 
 
"What?" She sighed.
 
 
I went closer to her and held her hands as she faced her whole body at me.
 
 
"I don't wanna argue. But please, tell me what's wrong."
 
 
"Sica, I'm sorr--"
 
 
"TaengSic!" A man from afar cut off Taeyeon as we both got startled by what he called us.
 
 
The man went closer to us who happened to be an interviewer waiting for the next conference.
 
 
"So how are you two? The main lovebirds of SNSD. What's going on with TaengSic?"
 
 
Taeyeon and I looked at each other.
 
 
"We're still not together." She spoke as she released her hands from mine.
 
 
"Still?" The interviewer asked frustratingly.
 
 
"We broke up, remember? And we're just good friends. So if you please excuse me, I have to gather the other members now." She spoke as she left our presence.
 
 
"Yeah. We're not together." I repeated with a fake, half smirk.