All To Myself

Je l'aimais

 
 
I woke up later that morning; I checked the time, it was forty minutes pass ten. I went to the living room to find that there was no one left in the dorm. I didn’t feel weak but I still sneezed from time to time.
 
 
I went straight to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast for me and Yuri, who I assumed was still sleeping in her room. I made some pancakes and for the first time I didn’t mess it up. I’ve been a terrible cook since my birth, but I knew Yuri would have to eat something this morning and I was thankful enough that it looked and tasted normal for once. 
 
 
I placed four pancakes for each of our plates and 2 glasses of milk with one bottle of water especially for her, and of course the bottle of maple syrup.
 
 
I carried the tray of food all the way to her door and placed it on the floor to knock on her door. She didn’t respond so I knew she was still sleeping. Luckily, her door wasn’t locked so opened it a little and carried the tray and fully opened the door by pushing it with my sideward.
 
 
I saw an adorable Yuri laying on her right side, hiding half of her body under a blanket who had her legs curled up while hugging Mr. Bear tightly and her tongue sticking out. I giggled for a moment after seeing her. She looked like a child and I loved her for that.
 
 
I placed the tray on her nightstand that faced her side. I crawled up beside her as I faced her back and played with her soft, dark hair.
 
 
“How could someone break this loving girl’s heart?” I thought to myself.
 
 
“I’d certainly never do that.” I added.
 
 
I started to pat on her shoulder to wake her up.
 
 
“Yuri-ah… Breakfast is ready.” I softly said as I placed my cheek on hers.
 
 
I wasn’t able to see her face but I felt that she was waking up.
 
 
I felt her skin to check her temperature, she was a bit warm. I wrapped my left
arm around her.
 
 
She felt the arm that was embracing her.
 
 
“Sica…” She spoke with a raspy voice.
 
 
“Yes, Yul?” I asked, still placing my cheek on hers.
 
 
“You’re a bit hot. I’m sorry I got you sick too.”
 
 
“Don’t worry about me… It’s okay.” I assured her.
 
 
“Don’t joke yourself. I’m not worried about you. I’m worried that those pancakes might
be poisoned because of your sick body.”
 
 
She my felt my childish frown and started to giggle.
 
 
“Just kidding, Sica. I just want you to smile and worry less about me.”
 
 
“How can I do that? I can’t worry less about my best friend.” I answered.
 
 
I felt her grin.
 
 
She drew herself closer to my body as she still defaced me.
 
 
"I like it how close we are." She spoke.
 
 
"We've always been close, Yul. And that will never change." I replied calmly.
 
 
"I mean how close our bodies are together right now. Your arm wrapped around me... For the first time, in a long time, I actually feel safe under someone's embrace. Thank you, Sica." She explained, squeezing herself into my body to go deeper into my embrace.
 
 
I wanted her safe and I wanted to give Tiffany a piece of my mind. Yuri did nothing to deserve this misery. And I swear that I'll never let her go through anything like this again. I wanted to protect her.
 
 
"Yul, you better eat if you want to get better."
 
 
Yuri POV
 
 
"I feel just fine as long as you're right beside me." I thought to myself.
 
 
I wanted to ask her about what happened last night with Taeyeon but... I wanted Jessica all to myself just for this morning. I need her right now, and for the first time I don't want to hear the name 'Taeyeon' in between our conversations. One way or another, I confidently feel that Taeyeon doesn't deserve Sica. But of course I can't tell my best friend that. I think she still loves Taeyeon, but I wished she didn't anymore. Tiffany on the other hand, is a different issue that I don't want to bring up.