Six Weeks

Je l'aimais

 

 

"Unnie... Unnie... Unnie!"

 

 

"Yeah?" I slightly belted as I woke up from my daze.

 

 

"Did you even listen to the question?" Seohyun scolded innocently that caused all the interviewers and photographers to cakle.

 

 

I tried to giggle it off.

 

 

"Oh well, you know our ice princess has been spacing out a lot more this past few days." Sooyoung joked.

 

 

The nine of us sat in front of a long table during a conference as I started to think deeply... about that night.

 

 

It’s been six weeks since that fight.

 

Six weeks since I saw Yuri smile at me.

 

Six weeks since I hugged her.

 

Six weeks since I talked to her.

 

Six weeks since I was happy.

 

…and I died every single morning just thinking about it.

 

 

Why haven't I even done anything to get her back? 

 

 

The conference ended and I barely said a word the whole hour.

 

 

We went out as a group but Yuri's pace was faster than ours.

 

 

"Why in a hurry?" Hyoyeon yelled in a chuckle.

 

 

Yuri faced us before answering.

 

 

"I'm running late for my lunch date... with an old friend." She explained as our eyes met at one point.

 

 

"Just a friend?" Sunny smirked.

 

 

Yuri giggled as she faced the floor.

 

 

"Maybe not for long..." She finally answered; our eyes met again but our stares were full of sadness and discomfort.

 

 

She's going out with someone... and it's only been six weeks. Maybe I really was replaceable for her.

 

 

At this point, everyone was aware about YulTi's break up but they tried their best to make it look light and normal for the sake of the group.

 

 

Yuri left us as my eyes were still locked on her. I wanted to stop her from leaving but I wouldn't know what to say.

 

 

Our schedule today wasn't tight so I was free to do anything for the next hours. I spotted Taeyeon immediately with a clingy redhead by her side. Maybe she would want to hang out with me.

 

 

"Taeng!" 

 

 

"Yeap?" She turned her head; biting her lips after she answered.

 

 

"I was wondering if you'd like to have lunch with me." I spoke as I went closer to her.

 

 

"Oww. Sorry, Sica. I can't... I've already made plans with Tiffany today." She responded.

 

 

My trust on her was being shaken. Now I'm not really sure if she was faithful to me the whole time we were together. But my pride told me to cling on to that tiny trust I had left for her. I've already risked my relationship with Yuri and as much as I want to regret that night... my pride won't let me.

 

 

For the first time, in the middle of a crowd... I felt alone.

 

 

--

 

 

I got in my car and decided to just sleep for the rest of the day in the dorm since that's the only thing I'm good at.

 

 

I drove around Seoul as I tried to go home.

 

 

Fate got me stuck at a traffic jam at the same road where the Italian restaurant Yuri took me once was.

 

 

I turned my head to the left to gaze at the building and admire its charming and homemade look, until I noticed two girls who sat across each other on a table by the window.

 

 

I squinted my eyes to get a better look of them and I was convinced that I saw her... Yuri. She was in a lunch date with another girl but I can't really tell who the girl was.

 

 

Both of them laughing and giggling while the smaller girl played with the tips of Yuri's hair.

 

 

I felt a huge lump on my throat as tears flowed down my pale cheeks.

 

 

Yuri looked at my way but I doubt she noticed that it was me due to my tinted windows.

 

 

“She’s happy…” I mumbled in tears.

 

 

“… I should try my best to do the same. But how?”

 

 

--

 

 

I want to know the truth… from Taeyeon. But I’m so scared to know what lies within.

 

 

It’s either I ask her and get hurt today or live the rest of my life wondering and continue to be separated from Yuri…

 

 

I was on my bed again… deep in thought as I stared at the ceiling. I tried my best to fall asleep but my thoughts and feelings won’t let me.

 

 

I assume that it’s almost night time and yet I could feel that I’m still the only one in the dorm until I heard a certain and familiar knock on my door.

 

 

“Come in…” I spoke as my voice broke.

 

 

To my surprise, the girl who entered was the girl I’ve been dying to talk to… Yuri.