Flashback

Je l'aimais

 

She kept quiet, starting to look at the view of Seoul again. She ignored my question and I felt the anger crawling my entire body as the soft breeze danced through the strands of my hair.

 
"You're a bastard after what you've done." I slightly yelled; continuing to hold back the tears.
 
I saw a tear roll down her cheek.
 
"I know..." She started to cry more.
 
"Do you still remember what happened on that warm autumn night?" I sarcastically asked. I felt my tears flowing down my face.
 
Flashback... (Taeyeon POV)
 
"Sica, where the hell are we?" I started to panic as the red colored fabric covered my eyes. 
 
She held my shoulders as she guided me with the path we walked through.
 
"We're almost there." She laughingly said. 
 
I followed her directions immediately when she asked me to sit down on the chair behind me. 
 
I was nervous of what will happen next.
 
"You can take off the blindfold now, Taengoo."
 
I giggled as I loosened the knot of the fabric at the back of my head.
 
My eyes adjusted to the glimmering lights around us in a peaceful garden. The healthy, green grass that swayed with the calm wind. I saw the rest of the girls standing on the sides, all of them elegantly dressed with big smiles on their faces.
 
And of course, I saw Sica standing beside me in her strapless, dark blue, cocktail dress holding a small box that she held tight. I assumed it was a ring inside and I started to panic.
 
Not waiting any longer, she carefully stood in front of me holding the little box.
 
"Sica! Wait! Please... Let me speak first." I stood up.
 
She nodded quickly as she slowly looked worried.
 
"if you're proposing, I'm sorry. I can't... marry you." I said helplessly.
 
"Why not?" She asked frustratingly.
 
I didn't have the guts to tell her my reasons and I don't think I will. 
 
"I... I just can't. I think this is the end for us."
 
She gasped silently as she bowed her head. My vision blurred as tears started to cloud my eyes.
 
I felt embarrassed enough in front of her and the rest of the girls who looked confused in the background.
 
I ran back to my car, leaving speechless Jessica behind with the girls approaching her.
 
I drove out of their presence and parked my car in front of SME. I had something else to do.
 
I dialed Tiffany's number on my phone that rested on the passenger seat. It took five rings before she answered it.
 
"Tae?" She asked innocently.
 
"Fany-ah!" I cried out. 
 
"It's Yuri, Fany had to go out of the apartment to buy some snacks for the family later evening. Why'd you call? And are you crying?" Yuri asked worriedly.
 
"Uhmmm... I just watched a dramatic documentary. Could you just let her know that I called?" I lied.
 
"Yeah. Sure. Anything for you, Tae." She responded.
 
I hanged up and threw my phone at the backseat. I continued to cry heavily.
 
She didn't break up with Yuri. Tiffany must really love Yuri so much for her not to end their relationship and be with me. I guess she was right when she said we were just confused and vulnerable to develop indefinite feelings towards one another. And the worst part is that I took Jessica, the sweetest girl in the world, and broke her heart. 
 
End of Flashback... (Jessica POV)
 
"Yeah... I remember that night." Taeyeon answered as she looked at me wearing the same pale expression.