Nothing Serious

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Jessica POV

 

None of us spoke.

 

 

Taeyeon just stared at the floor with her arm still intertwined with mine while Yuri was staring at her phone that rested on her palm as it continued to ring.

 

 

“I have to take this. I’ll see you guys before the next conference.” Yuri spoke as she walked away from us to answer her call.

 

 

I thought of following Yuri but Taeyeon tried to stop me.

 

 

“Jessica, it’s her life. Just let her be. Maybe this is what she needs.” She said with her tight grip on my hand as our arms extended from one another.

 

 

“But she’s my best friend. I promised I’ll take care of her.” I defended.

 

 

She loosened her grip as her expression turned grey. I ran to catch up with Yuri.

 

 

“Yuri-ah!” I yelled out.

 

 

She turned her head with a confusing face.

 

 

“Sica, what are you doing here?”

 

 

“I just want to remind you that you should think through what you’re gonna say first.” I said firmly.

 

 

“Sica, I’m not a child.” She laughed off.

 

 

“I made a promise to take care of you whatever happens and that’s what I’m trying to do.”

 

 

Yuri faced the floor as she smiled.

 

 

“I appreciate that but this is my relationship, Jessica. I can handle this.” She looked at me with a satisfying look that I can leave her alone.

 

 

“Okay. You’re right. Don’t hesitate to call me if something goes wrong, okay?” I hugged her tight.

 

 

“Sica, I really need to answer this now. I’ll call if something happens. I promise.” She giggled.

 

 

I smiled and went back to Taeyeon who still stood where I left her.

 

 

“Shall we go?” She asked.

 

 

“Yeah. Sorry about that, Tae.”

 

 

She extended her arm to reach for mine and grinned.

 

 

I quickly grabbed her hand and we went out of SME building together.

 

 

Yuri POV

 

I watched her as she continued to walk away.

 

 

“She’s still looking out for me.” I chuckled at myself.

 

 

Tiffany must’ve really wanted to talk to me due to the fact that my phone rang non stop so I decided to pick it up.

 

 

“Yul?” She asked worriedly.

 

 

“Fany-ah… it’s been a while.”

 

 

I heard her sobering.

 

 

“Tiffany… why did you call?”

 

 

“Honestly… I don’t know.” She sobbed in between words.

 

 

I didn’t respond. Her cry was contagious.

 

 

“I guess I just wanted to hear your voice again.” Her cry went on louder.

 

 

“I missed you too…”

 

 

“How’s everything there?” I asked after a few moments of silence. I tried to sound cheerful. I didn’t like it whenever she cried.

 

 

“Paparazzi everywhere; many conferences. How have you been?”

 

 

“Been focused on my acting career lately, too distract myself.”

 

 

For some reason I can’t get mad at her. I can’t scream at her. I can’t hate her. I wanted to hear her laugh and I hated that she cried so hard.

 

 

“Yuri, I’m so sorry. I was pathetic and stupid. I should’ve stopped you from leaving when I had the chance and I shouldn’t have broken up with you.”

 

 

“Tiffany… just slow down, okay? What about we just try to catch up for now? Nothing serious… just having a conversation. Is that okay with you?”

 

 

“I’d love that.” I heard the tips of her lips curl up to form a smile.