Best For Us

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Yuri POV

 

“Sica, I’m serious. What are you doing here? And for how long? And how did you come in here?”

 

 

“Just a few minutes ago. You forgot to lock your door, as usual. I actually tried to wake you up by rubbing your legs but you just snored back at me. So I decided to lie next to you.” She said with a smirk.

 

 

“Whatever you have to say, can’t this wait ‘till the morning?” I spoke.

 

 

“Rest can wait, I can’t.” She responded, exposing a serious tone as she Indian set on my bed while I continued to lie on my left side to face her.

 

 

I became speechless for a moment. There I was, only my legs covered by the sheets and my spaghetti strapped, baby blue top only exposed.

 

 

“This shouldn’t take long.” I reminded her.

 

 

“Yul, I’m sorry. I didn’t know what you’re going through. And frankly, I’m hurt too… by those words you said.”

 

 

“Sorry about that. I just couldn’t contain myself anymore. I shouldn’t have yelled at you.”

 

 

“Are we gonna be okay?” She asked.

 

 

I faced down ignoring her question. I’d rather not say anything than tell that we’re not gonna be okay.

 

 

She took her finger and lifted my chin to meet her eyes.

 

 

“Kwon Yul, are we gonna be okay?”

 

 

She immediately noticed the luggage that stood on the side of the bed behind me.

 

 

“You’re leaving?” She asked worriedly.

 

 

I bit my lower lip as I tried to avoid her eyes.

 

 

“Damn… This is what I was afraid of.” I thought.

 

 

“You weren’t planning to tell me, huh? So where are  going?”

 

 

“America…”

 

 

“With Tiffany?” She slightly yelled in disgust.

 

 

“You two are getting back together?”

 

 

I landed on my feet out off the bed.

 

 

“We’re gonna fix things. Sica, it’s for the best.”

 

 

She followed and stood up as well.

 

 

“…Not only for me and Tiffany… but also for us, Jessica.” I added.

 

 

“She doesn’t deserve you again.”

 

 

“Then who does, Sica?” I raised my tone.

 

 

She tried to speak but no words came out of .

 

 

“You can’t get back together with her. You know it yourself that you don’t need her anymore.” She finally spoke, facing the floor.

 

 

“So you think Taeyeon deserves you after what you’ve been through?”

 

 

She looked up at me, surprised.

 

 

“Sica…” I held her hands.

 

 

“I shouldn’t have said that. I’m sorry.”

 

 

Jessica POV

 

“Yul, please don’t go.” I shed a tear.

 

 

“Sica, I hate it when you cry.”

 

 

“Please don’t leave me alone again.”

 

 

“But you won’t be alone.” She wiped my tear.

 

 

“Taeyeon is here… She promised me a month ago that she’ll take care of you.”

 

 

“Huh?” I asked, shocked.

 

 

“She promised me that she’ll never hurt you again. So everything will be alright, Jessica. This is what’s best for us, for everyone.”

 

 

“Well Taeyeon and I are not okay right now. And besides, she never comforts me like you do.”

 

 

“Is there anything I can do to stop you from leaving?” I added with a sober.

 

“I hope there was but—”

 

 

I immediately hugged her tight as my head was buried on her chest.

 

 

“It’s not like I’ll be gone forever.” I felt her voice trembling like she was holding back tears.

 

 

“I’ll just miss having you around.”

 

 

“I’ll miss you too.”

 

 

Yuri POV

 

“Promise me we’ll be okay after everything that we’ve been through. You’re my best friend after all.” She spoke with her head still buried on my chest.

 

 

“I promise.”

 

 

I guess I’ll have to remind Taeyeon what she promised me… it seems like she forgot.