You're Dead

Je l'aimais

 

Jessica POV

 
I was on my way back to the SNSD meeting room to fetch Yuri. I couldn't help but feel this happy for the first time in two months. I spent this day with my adorable best friend and Taeyeon and I were finally able to talk things through. 
 
 
I peeped through the gap of the door and noticed all the lights were closed.
 
 
"Yuri?!" I yelled through the dark room. I only heard the sound of my own voice in echoes.
 
 
I felt my heart beating faster as I got worried where Yuri would be. We may have been certified best friends only since this morning but I knew that she wasn't the type of person who would leave without informing.
 
 
I ran back to the elevator to take me to the parking lot. I called her number a million times and she didn't answer any of my calls. I got to the parking lot to find that only her car was parked there so I thought that she's not far.
 
 
A loud thunder suddenly roared through the sky.
 
 
"Yuri-ah!" I yelled out of fear.
 
 
I actually fell on my as I covered my ears and closed my eyes shut when I got startled. Every time I hear something scary like fireworks, I'd quickly run to Yuri since we've become trainees at SME. I felt uneasy when I didn't feel Yuri's arms around me to calm my nerves.
 
 
I quickly stood back up and ran to the elevator to go outside of the building as the rain started to fall. I was so confused, I didn't know where to go. All I knew is that I had to look for Yuri. She's my best friend... It's my duty.
 
 
I ran outside screaming Yuri's name on repeat like I was psychotic. I saw an image of a woman sitting on a bench, blankly staring at the concrete floor.
 
 
"Yuri?" I belted out looking at the image as I got closer to it. But she didn't seem to respond.
 
 
My pace became faster and by each step I took, I was surer that it was her. Halfway down the sidewalk, another loud thunder shouted through the dark clouds as the rain poured harder.
 
 
"Yuri-ah!" I screamed as I completely ran to hugged her legs as I sat on the cold, wet, cement. I was completely shivering because of the coldness and mostly because of my fear for the thunder.
 
 
I hid my face on her knee caps until I eventually calmed down a bit.
 
 
I lifted my head to face her and placed one hand on her lap and the other to cup her cheek as I panicked in front of her.
 
 
"Yuri, I was so worried about you. The thunder startled me so much... I-I had to find you. W-Why are you here? W-We have to go back home, we'll get colds. What happened? Don't get me worried like that agai--"
 
 
I suddenly noticed Yuri's face drenched in tears.
 
 
"Yul? Yuri?" I felt my heart torn in pieces when I saw her like that.
 
 
She tried to smile in her depressing condition.
 
 
"Sica, I-I'm sorry I didn't calm you down from the thunder. Forgive me." She sincerely said as a tear rolled down her cheek.
 
 
"Shhhh. It's okay, it's okay. Yul, what happened?" I sat beside her, placing her head on my shoulder.
 
 
"She broke up with me..." She started to cry harder along with the downfall of rain.
 
 
It seemed to me that she loved the raindrops that fell from above, I didn't convince her to go back to the apartment.
 
 
I rubbed her shoulder and planted a kiss on her head.
 
 
"Please don't leave me." She begged with a sober.
 
 
She slowly curled up her legs close to her chest as she hugged them tight. I continued to wrap my right arm around her as I heard her cry heavier by the second.
 
 
"I'll never leave you... I promise."
 
 
I checked my soaking wet wrist watch a few minutes later to check the time, it was almost 4 am and I started to drift off but then I'd wake up to Yuri's cries. Minute by minute, her sobs started to fade. I only thought that she just started to calm herself down. She still rested her head on my shoulder with her legs curled up and of course my arm was still there to comfort her. I realized that she fell asleep when I heard her lightly snoring. I tolerated it for a couple of moments until she started sneezing and I could tell she was slowly catching a cold.
 
 
"Yuri.." I calmly waked her up as I patted her arm.
 
 
She answered me back by light snoring.
 
 
"Yuri wake up. It's still raining hard and you're catching a cold. I don't want you to get sick."
 
 
She started gain her consciousness and sat properly. With her eyes still in a daze. She greeted me by sneezing and rubbing her nose on her denim jacket.
 
 
"I'll drive your car." I suggested.
 
 
She quickly obeyed and timidly grabbed her car keys in her wet purse and shivered as she handed it to me.
 
 
"Yuri! You're cold. Come on, get up, let's go."
 
 
I dragged her all the way to her car back to the parking lot. She shivered as I opened the doors. I made sure that she laid down on the backseat so she could at least attend to her nap.
 
 
I drove back to our apartment. Luckily and unfortunately, Yuri's sneezes and coughs kept me awake while driving.
 
 
I hated seeing Yuri like this; weak, sick, and mostly heartbroken. And I blame Tiffany for all of this.
 
 
"Oh you're so dead, Tiffany." I warned her in thought.