She Wouldn't

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Yuri POV

 

Everyone was there in the dorm… Except for the one that I tried so hard to look for… The girl that I’ve missed so much and the one who wouldn’t answer my previous calls because of what my drunk self said back then. I could only risk the movement of my eyes as I tried to find her. Where are you?

 

 

Jessica…

 

 

“We missed you, Unnie!” Yoona and Seohyun went closer to hug me at the same time.

 

 

“I missed you too.”

 

 

As the maknaes were embracing me and the rest of the girls were chatting witht Tiffany, I finally saw her…

 

 

She stood by the kitchen counter helping Hyoyeon with the food. So I decided to go lend a hand.

 

 

Please don’t ignore me, Sica…

 

 

Tiffany POV

 

I noticed Yuri heading to the kitchen but I was too distracted because I wanted to see Taeyeon; probably greet her and feel her warm embrace like before… if she’d let me.

 

 

Majority of the girls were asking me about how I’ve been for the past months and of course how much they missed me during my absence.

 

 

I realized that she wasn’t in the dorm at all.

 

 

It’s disappointing because she was the only person I was looking forward to see…

 

 

I had to know where she was, and the only person I could ask confidently about this would be Sooyoung; the only person who knew about my feelings for Tae.

 

 

I pulled Sooyoung to the corner of the dorm as she was talking to Sunny.

 

 

“Fany-ah! You could’ve said ‘excuse me’ first.” Sooyoung complained.

 

 

“Honestly, I don’t have time to be polite. I need to know where Taeyeon is.” I spoke frankly.

 

 

Sooyoung let out a heavy sigh before answering me.

 

 

“Don’t you think she had enough of your ‘games’, Tiffany? You’ve hurt her enough.”

 

 

“I just want to apologize properly. I-I want her back. I thought that if I separate her and Jessica, I would be satisfied but I’m not. I want her. I miss her. And I’ll start by apologizing.”

 

 

I could tell that Sooyoung saw my sincerity.

 

 

“Bad girl Tiffany will be gone forever?” She asked softly.

 

 

“I promise. I’m gonna be a ‘good girl’ again... for Taeng.”

 

 

“Okay, I trust you. She’s at SME rooftop. I think she’s avoiding you. So don’t be surprised if she doesn’t welcome you.”

 

 

“Don’t worry; I know I’m not welcomed when it comes to her.”

 

 

Jessica POV

 

There she is… Yuri. What will I do?

 

 

Should I avoid her or just play it cool? As much as I want to hug her and probably kiss her, I can’t. I have to act like her phone call and her absence didn’t affect me.

 

 

“Hey!” Yuri greeted with a grin.

 

 

Hyoyeon immediately hugged Yuri tightly as I stood there pretending to act busy.

 

 

“Hey, Sica!” She yelled.

 

 

“Oh, hey Yuri.” I answered, pretending that I didn’t notice her.

 

 

“Let me help you with that.” Yuri suggested as I fixed the plates and chopsticks.

 

 

“I can do it on my own, Yul. Thanks anyway.”  I answered, avoiding her eyes as I continued preparing.

 

 

“Can we talk? I have to ask you something.” She suddenly spoke with a serious tone.

 

 

“What do you want to talk about?” I asked, now looking at her.

 

 

“Somewhere private please?”

 

 

“My room.” I spoke, in a slightly harsh voice.

 

 

I proceeded to my room as she followed my way.

 

 

I sat on my bed as she locked the door.

 

 

“I’m sorry about the call. Whatever I said, I was drunk.” She apologized as she rested her back on the wall; crossing her arms.

 

 

I kept silent.

 

 

“Honestly, I can’t remember what I said on the phone. Can you clarify it for me, please?” She asked sincerely.

 

 

“Well first you wanted me to go there with you because you missed kissing me…” I paused to stand up as I saw her covering her face with her palms; she felt embarrassed.

 

 

“And when I said that you should go home and stop drinking, you told me that it’s okay because you don’t me. You went back to America to be with Tiffany and move on.”

 

 

“Damn. I said that? Jessica--”

 

 

“I know you’re drunk. It doesn’t really matter anymore because all you said was in the past.” I cut her off as I bowed my head; not even showing a hint of sadness.

 

 

“Jessica, I’m sorry. I just missed you so much and… I shouldn’t have said that. I didn’t mean to.” She went closer to hold my hands.

 

 

“It’s okay…” I looked up as I gazed through her eyes.

 

 

God. I can’t deny that her lips are obviously staring at me.

 

 

I tried to lean closer for a kiss but as soon as she noticed, she pulled away.

 

 

I died inside… This is what I was afraid of.

 

 

“I can’t cheat on Tiffany… I would never do that.”

 

 

She stepped back.

 

 

Yuri POV

 

I’m certain that my feelings for Jessica are stronger than for Tiffany. But I can’t use that as an excuse to kiss her while I was still in a relationship. I’ll end my relationship with Tiffany in the right way and not by having a third party along that would cause the break up.

 

 

But seriously, I wanted to kiss Jessica so bad. People can call me anything they want but no one can call me a cheating bastard… and besides, I know Tiffany would never cheat on me.