Let Go

Je l'aimais

 

 

Yuri POV
 
I woke up the next day, with only Mr. Bear beside me. I felt crushed for the first time with the sight of my lovable stuffed toy, maybe I was still hoping that Jessica would’ve been there instead.
 
 
I hugged the bear tight in my arms, while flashbacks of last night kept replaying through my head. Her soft lips that pressed on mine. Tears started to flow down my cheeks.
 
 
“It never happened.” I whispered to myself as more tears rushed through my cheeks.
 
 
It took me a few more moments to calm myself down before I left my room.
 
 
I went out and saw Sunny and Sooyoung still sleeping on the couch together. It was just 7 am and our schedule starts at 10 later in the morning.
 
 
I went straight to the kitchen to grab my regular morning water bottle to discover that Taeyeon was preparing breakfast.
 
 
“Morning, Yuri!” She grinned.
 
 
“You’re an early bird today.” I reflected her grin.
 
 
“I know. So I decided to cook some eggs and bacon for you, girls. Which reminds me, I just finished with Jessica’s plate. Would you mind giving it to her and wake her up for me?” She smiled innocently.
 
 
It didn’t surprise me at all that she cooked for Jessica first even though that everyone in this dorm knows that Jessica will be the last to wake up. I could really see that Taeyeon still cares for her and I thought that maybe she’s more capable of loving her than I can.
 
 
“It’s best if you serve it to her. You’re the chef and… it would mean a lot to her if you were the first person she saw today.” I spoke.
 
 
I knew that Jessica loves Taeyeon… so much. And if I tried to squeeze myself into the scene, I know that I’m just making things bad for Sica and the last thing I wanna do is hurt her. They’re currently having crushes on each other, I could tell without even asking Jessica last night. If Jessica and I were meant to be together at some point, then let it be. Besides, what happened yesterday never happened. Taeyeon is trying her best, I can see. Maybe I should give her a chance to take care of Sica again.  It’s kinda painful but I could never imagine how much more painful it is for Taeyeon, being with Jessica for five years compared to the non-existent yesterday I had with her. I had to let Jessica go.
 
 
Taeyeon POV
 
“It would mean the world to her?” I thought to myself.
 
 
I couldn’t help but smile from ear to ear when I heard those words out of Yuri’s mouth.
 
 
Jessica and Yuri were inseparable during our trainee and debut days so she practically knows Jessica better than anyone.
 
 
“Thanks for taking of Jessica, Yuri.” I said.
 
 
“It’s my job. She’s my best friend and all. She’s really been in a bad condition since… you know. I tried my best to comfort her and now that you’re back, you’ll take my place. Take care of her for me, okay?” She spoke innocently.
 
 
It sounded almost like she was begging.
 
 
"I'm sorry that I broke your best friend's heart." I apologized.
 
 
"It's okay. I'm sure you had your reasons."
 
 
I felt a big lump in my throat. 
 
 
"Yeah like having a fling with Tiffany who is actually your ex, like that's reasonable enough." I thought.
 
 
"I'm willing to do anything for Sica. She... She means everything to me." I spoke quietly as I faced the floor. I meant every word.
 
 
"Then start by bringing her breakfast. I'm sure you know that she loves being brought food to her room." She giggled.
 
 
I chuckled out a puff of air through my nostrils and smiled at her. I carried the tray of breakfast and started walking to Jessica's room.
 
 
Yuri POV
 
My smile turned to a painful look as I bit my lips trying to hold back my tears again as soon as Taeyeon left my presence.
 
 
"I would've done anything for her too." I quietly sobered to myself as I bowed my head.
 
 
Letting someone go that I've only spent one day with as a lover was harder than I thought.