Long Flight

Je l'aimais

 

“Aish. Wake up, you sleepyhead.” I mumbled against Jessica’s ear as both of us stood at the end of the line; waiting for our turn to get our luggage checked in at the airport.

 

She released a tired whine and clung onto me more; pressing her body deeper into mine as she wrapped her arms around my waist while nuzzling her face on my neck. I couldn’t help but raise up my hand and run my fingers through her hair as I chuckled at how clingy she was, but I also felt a bit uncomfortable at the stares given to me by our other group members and our managers as well; not to mention the photographers that were watching our every move.

 

Jessica and I were never this affectionate around each other in public, and especially with Jessica’s relationship with Taeyeon, and mine with Tiffany was still, sort of, fresh, to others, this seemed unusual and a bit sudden.

 

I gave an awkward smile for the photographers as they continued to take pictures and also lifted my hand up away from Jessica’s hair to wave at them. Jessica noticed the contact of my hand to her hair suddenly taken away and immediately looked up at me with the most adorable sleepy face I’ve ever seen.

 

“Wae?” She stated with a pout; pertaining to why I suddenly stopped her hair.

 

I felt her breath brushing against my lips before I gulped; feeling very tempted to lock those lips with mine.

 

I felt her leaning closer, as if she was planning to lay a kiss; I quickly returned my hand on her hair and slightly pushed her head back down to my neck, feeling the stares of our group members getting heavier; feeling very suspicious of our actions... except for Taeyeon and Tiffany that is.

 

I felt Jessica nuzzling into my neck more and her soft lips smiling against my skin before she mumbled.

 

“You owe me a kiss.” She giggled lightly before pressing her lips against my neck gently.

 

I heard snaps of the cameras growing faster; and I’m pretty sure half of our group members noticed that as well, but I no longer cared. She was mine.

 

-o-

 

Hand in hand, Jessica and I were the last ones who entered the plane; already feeling excited to snuggle with her during the whole flight. Both of us proceeded at the last two seats at the back at the right side of the plane.

 

“Wait a second.” Our manager oppa stopped us from sitting together; both of our eyes opening wide in confusion.

 

“Jessica, you go sit with Taeyeon at the left side. Yuri, you’re sitting with Tiffany.”

 

I immediately spoke in protest.

 

“W-Wait. Since when did we ever have sitting arrangements during plane rides?” I spoke in a slightly frustrated tone.

 

He stepped closer to us and spoke in a hushed voice.

 

“You thought that I didn’t notice you two a while ago?”

 

I noticed Jessica’s expression softening; as if she felt guilty about the whole thing since she was the one started all the affection.

 

“We need to talk about how to release the statement to the public. And especially with Taeyeon and Tiffany getting involved in this, it would seem too sudden. We just need to plan this out. So for now, just please... follow my orders. Other people in the plane might notice, and the last thing we would want are rumours.”

 

Jessica hung her head down low as our manager ended before giving my hand a short squeeze as if she was apologizing for everything.

 

“Hey. It’s okay.” I looked down at her, giving her a comforting smile.

 

Jessica looked up and kissed my cheek before she walked over to the other side of the plane; sitting beside Taeyeon who was already feeling cozy in her seat.

 

I immediately noticed Tiffany walking towards me with that mischievous smile on her lips.

 

“Aisle or window seat?” She asked cheerfully.

 

“Aisle.” I answered frankly, noticing that Jessica sat at the aisle seat as well on the other side.

 

At that moment I already knew that it was going to be a long flight.