Fany-ah?

Je l'aimais

 
 
 
Yuri POV
 

"Oh come on, Sunny. Stop talking! I need to check on Jessica." I yelled out in thought as I tried to look interested in my conversation with Sunny.

 
By this time, I'm sure Sica and Taeyeon are talking. I wonder if Sica is crying right now. Well I hope not. The last thing I wanna see is a depressed Sica lying on her messy bed.
 
I quickly made an excuse to Sunny that I had to go back at the dorm. It's funny that she believed me easily.
 
I went out of SME to walk down on the dark streets of Seoul. I patiently waited for Sica to give me a sign or something to fetch her or whatever. All I knew is that it was my duty as her best friend to be there for her.
 
Luckily there was an empty bench that stood on the sidewalk, not far from SME building. I sat there in silence and thought to check my phone from my purse.
 
I gasped in thought when I saw Tiffany's name on the missed calls list about half an hour ago.
 
"Tiffany..." I painfully released through my lips.
 
Flashback...
 
"Fany-ah!" I yelled out as I sat on the living room couch as I was staring at Tiffany's phone in my hands.
 
"Why, babe?" She quickly ran from the kitchen all the way down in front of me, wearing her pink, cooking apron.
 
"Your parents are asking if we'll be having dinner at their place or our apartment." I informed her.
 
Tiffany and I have been living in the States for three months now because of an issue in Tiffany's family. Since Tiffany's parents insisted our manager Oppa for Tiffany to flee to the States, he didn't really mind. And of course I wanted to be a supportive girlfriend so I asked manager Oppa if I could come along, it took him a long time before he approved my request.
 
"I think their place would be better. Our apartment isn't actually that presentable yet." She said with her eye smile.
 
"This is so exciting, babe!" She cheerfully sat on the couch.
 
"You're finally meeting my parents after all those cancelled meetings." She gave me a peck on the lips and quickly went back to the kitchen as she tightened the knot of her apron.
 
"I can't wait." I shouted back with a fake smirk and sighed heavily as soon as her absence filled the living room. 
 
What if they don't like me? They might command Tiffany to break up with me... Crap. I can't live with that.
 
Later that afternoon, Tiffany drove us to her parents house. I gazed at the huge buildings through the car's tainted windows. I've never been here a lot and somehow I imagined that Tiffany and I might settle down here in the future. 
 
I quickly noticed the framed picture of me and Tiffany that rested on the dashboard. It was a photo when I rubbed my nose on her cheek while she exposed her eye smile.
 
"We're so cute together." I flattered her still looking at the photo and swiftly turned my head to face her.
 
I saw her blushing as soon as she heard the words out of my mouth.
 
"I have a copy of that photo back in Seoul." I said.
 
"I better place it on my dashboard when we get back." I added.
 
She giggled, still facing the road.
 
We drove by one of our billboards that featured our album 'The Boys'.
 
"Babe, look!" I pointed out.
 
Tiffany quickly turned her head and laughed as soon as she saw our faces.
 
I suddenly kept quiet when I remembered the girls back home, and how was Taeyeon and Jessica doing after their breakup.
 
"You became quiet all of a sudden." She spoke.
 
"I just remembered the girls back home, and you know... The breakup." I said sadly.
 
Tiffany suddenly looked uncomfortable when I mentioned about Jessica and Taeyeon's breakup.
 
"Babe... When are we going back home?" I asked out of the blue.
 
"Well, I-I thought maybe w-we could stay here a bit longer." She stuttered innocently.
 
"For how long?" I asked, slightly raising my tone.
 
"I really missed my life in America. I grew up here... and it's a perfect place for us to have a life together." 
 
"W-wait. We're here for good and you didn't at least ask me about it?" I questioned frustratingly.
 
"Babe, I was gonna tell you... eventually." she defended.
 
"Tiff, we have a responsibility back at Seoul. Our career, the girls, our entire lives are there. How could you just throw it away like that?"
 
"Girls' Generation can just be left with seven girls right?" 
 
"Tiffany, that's not the point!
 
We started to yell and scream at each other. Hardly being in synch.
 
"Crap. Stop the car!" I belted out.
 
She immediately obeyed my command and parked at the nearest side.
 
I breathe heavily with my hands clenched together. I removed my seatbelt and went out of her car. 
 
"Where the hell are you going, Yuri?" She asked worriedly and frustratingly.
 
"Going back to the apartment and book a flight to Seoul."
 
"The dinner! We can't just cancel like that."
 
"Well, you can't stop me." I slammed the door shut.
 
I went at the edge of the sidewalk and called for a cab. Thank God for my improved English. I arrived at the apartment and booked the nearest flight which was tomorrow morning. I immediately called Sooyoung to let her know that I would be arriving at Seoul tomorrow despite the time difference.
 
I quickly packed up my things and went straight to bed. Tiffany hasn't arrived yet.
 
I finished preparing myself at five am the next day ready to leave for my flight. I saw Tiffany standing by the door as I brought my luggage at the entrance. She wasn't excited about my trip back.
 
"Have a safe flight." She said in a slightly cheerful tone.
 
"So you're just gonna stand there and let me leave."
 
"My life is here. I won't go back. And besides--"
 
"Can't you see how selfish you're being? How could you just abandon the girls? The team is at its lowest point right now, if we leave them... I don't know how to live a life here with that guilt."
 
"Then go... I'm not stopping you." She crossed her arms and opened the door as she rested on the door frame.
 
I gave her an annoying look.
 
"So you're leaving SNSD for good?" I asked.
 
"I'll let manager Oppa know my decision." She faced the carpeted floor.
 
I didn't hesitate to leave the apartment after she spoke.
 
Halfway down the hallway I noticed that she hasn't shut the door so I turned around to check if she was still there
 
"Tiffany!" I yelled out.
 
She turned her head to face me. Her expression was too depressing to look at but I managed to give her a straight look.
 
"What are we now? Relationship-wise." I asked with a softer tone.
 
She faced the floor again and silently stepped back in the apartment, shutting the door calmly.
 
I couldn't help but sober when her image was absent in my vision.
 
I  strolled down the street with two luggages rolling by my side as I gripped the handles tight. My cry becoming heavier by each step I took. I quickly called for a cab to take me to the airport and felt my heart aching a little more.
 
End of Flashback...
 
I dialed Tiffany's number and placed the phone against my ear.
 
"Fany-ah?" I innocently spoke when she answered her phone after eight rings.
 
"Yuri... Thanks for calling back." She said calmly. I missed that angelic voice.
 
"Why did you call?" I asked, reflecting her tone.
 
"I want you to be the first one to know that I'm not leaving SNSD..."
 
I smiled in relief as I started to get excited
 
"... But I thought about it and... We have to end this thing we have."
 
I felt my heart collapsed in a matter of moments and a tear rolled down my speechless expression.
 
"Why?" I asked with a trembling voice.
 
"We haven't argued like that before... and we prioritize different things. I think it's better this way. Hello? Yuri?"
 
I hanged up.