Give Me Another One

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Tiffany POV (During the party)

 

Taeyeon…

 

 

I miss you…

 

 

I miss us…

 

 

I miss the way you played with my red hair; I miss hearing your laugh… I miss you Taengoo…

 

 

I took another shot of vodka as thoughts of her started to run through my mind again.

 

 

Flashback…

 

“I… I think I like her, Soo.” I whispered to Sooyoung.

 

 

“Then tell her!” She shouted.

 

 

“Aish. Not here! Not now… and stop shouting.”

 

 

Sooyoung and I were taking a break from our ‘Into the New World’ dance practice. I just told Sooyoung one of my biggest confessions ever… the way I felt about Taeyeon.

 

 

“I’ll tell her tonight! I’m so excited.” I jumped for joy.

 

 

“Don’t forget to tell me all about, okay? I’m sure Tae feels the same way. You two have been best friends since trainee days. You would look so cute as a couple!” Soo giggled back.

 

 

“I won’t. I’ll talk about it tomorrow in the morning.” I whispered cheerfully.

 

 

Taeyeon… I love you so much! We’ve been best friends for almost 6 years now. You have to feel the same way! The way we cuddle while we sleep; the way we hold hands; the way we kissed each other’s cheek when one of us would leave. We’re perfect for each other!

 

 

I went to Sooyoung’s room later in the evening to look for Taeyeon, they were roommates and I’m sure Tae would be lying on her bed by now.

 

 

“Taengoo!” I yelled in the room as I entered only to discover Sooyoung who Indian-sat on her bed while eating some chips.

 

 

“Where’s Tae?” I asked worriedly.

 

 

“Huh? I thought she was with you?” She spoke as kept on chewing. “Haven’t you told her yet?” She added.

 

 

Fortunately, Yoona passed by and heard our conversation.

 

 

“Taeyeon unnie?” Yoona asked.

 

 

“Yeah, you saw her?” I turned my head to face her and Sooyoung stood up and went closer to us, still holding her bag of chips.

 

 

“Yeah. I saw her entering Sica unnie’s room.”

 

 

I looked back at Sooyoung and she gave me a look that screamed “What the hell is Taeyeon doing there?”

 

 

“Thanks, Yoona!” I managed to smile then she left us alone again.

 

 

“I have to go there. My feelings can’t wait anymore.” I giggled at Soo as she started to contemplate the possible reasons on why Taeyeon would be in Jessica’s room.

 

 

“Oh. Okay.” She answered back as she went in her room again.

 

Luckily, Jessica’s door was slightly opened, just enough for me to see and hear what they were doing.

 

 

As I tried to peep through the gap I heard them talking.

 

 

“I can’t keep these feelings in me anymore. I love you, Jessica. I really do.”

 

 

“I’ve been waiting forever for you to say that. I love you too, Tae.”

 

 

I felt my heart ache.

 

 

T-Taeyeon loves S-Sica?  I stuttered in a whisper as I pulled my head away from the door frame and rested my back on the wall beside the gap, silently trying to hold back tears.

 

 

I looked through the gap and caught the two kissing, my heart didn’t take it. I ran silently away with the image of them kissing stuck in my head.

 

 

I thought she felt the same… I assumed too much.

 

 

Simultaneously, Sooyoung went out of her room to get another pack of chips and caught me crying.

 

 

“Tiff, what happened?” She asked worriedly, hugging me tight in her arms.

 

 

“She kissed, Jessi.” I managed to whisper as my cry went louder.

 

 

I felt her gasp.

 

 

“Tiff, do you want me to switch rooms with your roommate, the maknae, tonight so I could comfort you?” She asked caringly.

 

 

“I just need to be alone.” I escaped her embrace, frustrated; not at Soo, but Taeyeon.

 

 

How did it come to this? How could those two like each other? Taeyeon is always with me. Did she really just saw me as a best friend and not a potential lover? Why didn’t she mention that she had feelings for Jessica? We promised to tell everything to each other. Why didn’t she tell me? Why Tae?

 

 

I went out of the dorm and stumbled on to a bar after a few blocks. My thoughts were getting louder and louder and I wanted to be inside a place where the loudness of my thoughts would be silenced… there’s no place that would be louder than a bar, right? People screaming, dancing, and having the time of their lives.

 

 

I went in, where I looked like a little kid. A bartender by the counter caught my attention and I went closer to him.

 

 

“You lost, little kid?” He asked teasingly.

 

 

I actually wore my pink pajamas and pink fluffy slippers that time so I wasn’t offended.

 

 

“I’m right where I should be.” I answered back, trying to act mature.

 

 

“Oh really? You seem depressed.”

 

 

“How could you tell?” I asked curiously.

 

 

“Puffy eyes.” He smirked.

 

 

“Oh right. That.” I answered shyly.

 

 

“Vodka?” He asked.

 

 

“Aniyo! I don’t drink.” I giggled.

 

 

“Then why are you here?”

 

 

“To clear things up I guess… and maybe to forget.” I answered, bowing my head look at my pink, fluffy slippers; feeling too childish and innocent.

 

 

Maybe that was the problem with me… I was too innocent. I knew nothing and I was too vulnerable and child like.

 

 

“Then alcohol is what you need, girly!” He shouted.

 

 

“Here… This one is on me. Don’t pay.” He smirked as he slid a glass through the counter in front of me.

 

 

Without thinking, I immediately took the shot and felt the impact of it in my body. I actually loved the heat rushing through my chest. As I felt the liquid playing on my tongue, I forgot about everything for a moment… just a moment.

 

 

“How does it feel?” He asked, chuckling.

 

 

“Give me another one.” I demanded with an evil and seductive smirk.

 

 

End of Flashback…

 

 

Alcohol is certainly my only best friend.

 

 

I took another shot.

 

 

Wait, where’s Yuri? She’s probably drunk by now.