Scared

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Yuri POV
 
She was walking towards me, like she wanted to talk to me too.
 
 
 
Tiffany and I met halfway as we both forced smiles.
 
 
 
"We need to talk." We spoke in unison.
 
 
 
Our eyes widened together, like we were each other's reflection.
 
 
 
What does she want to talk about?
 
 
 
"I think it's best if we talked about this outside." She spoke and I nodded quickly.
 
 
 
We went out together of the ballroom entering the lobby.
 
 
 
We stood by the wall as our heads bowed; waiting for the other person to speak.
 
 
 
"What do you wanna talk about?" I asked, lightening up the mood.
 
 
 
"I... I just thought... that this thing that's going on with us... isn't working anymore..." She spoke innocently.
 
 
 
I widened my eyes, slightly happy. Now I know at I won't  be able to hurt her and the breakup wouldn't be that heavy for the of us.
 
 
 
"I agree... I guess... we weren't meant to last." I tilted my head.
 
 
 
Finally! It's over. Jessica... I can't wait to start everything again with you.
 
 
 
"We'll still be okay, right? I meant this shouldn't be a reason for us not be friends again."
 
 
 
"Yes. Exactly." She responded but I saw her looking uncomfortable; like she's carrying a huge burden.
 
 
 
"Is something wrong?" I asked as I went closer.
 
 
 
"You deserve the truth coming from me." She answered.
 
 
 
I felt my heart beating hard and fast. What does she mean by that?
 
 
 
"I-I want to come clean as we break up..." Her voice trembled,
 
 
 
"What is it?" I knitted my brows.
 
 
 
"I-I cheated on you months ago..."
 
 
 
My face hardened and my body stiffened.
 
 
 
"With who?" I was able to mutter.
 
 
 
She swallowed a huge lump on before she answered me.
 
 
 
"T-Taeyeon..." She stuttered.
 
 
 
I gasped as I felt my head heating up... I was enraged.
 
 
 
 
"Taeyeon!" I shouted in anger.
 
 
 
She kept quiet as she fully accepted my frustration.
 
 
 
"I don't understand... Months ago? Jessica and Taeyeon were dating months ag-- No. Taeyeon... so that's why she declined Jessica's proposal... For you!"
 
 
 
She nodded apologetically.
 
 
 
Tiffany POV
 
I deserved being showered with her anger and frustration. She had to know from me rather than someone else. If only she knew how much I regret everything; wishing that I didn't include her with my selfish scheme.
 
 
 
She kept screaming at me... And intentionally adding Taeyeon to her curses.
 
 
 
"So you've been playing us for a long time?! Me and Jessica! How dare you! You two are pathetic!"
 
 
 
She raised her hand as I was ready to receive the most painful slap I'll ever get in my whole life time.
 
 
 
I closed my eyes tightly but heard her sighing.
 
 
 
I slowly opened my eyes as I saw her lowering her hand, composing herself.
 
 
 
"No... You don't deserve a slap." She spoke.
 
 
 
I tilted my head in confusion after what she said.
 
 
 
"You deserve something much worse than that..." She looked up at me and met my eyes; giving me the scariest death glare I've ever seen.
 
 
 
"Someday... You'll get what you deserve... you and your cheating girl."
 
 
 
She quickly went back in the ballroom leaving me there... Frozen.
 
 
 
For the first time in a long time I felt scared and intimidated.