Tell Me

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Jessica POV

 

 

Yuri couldn't look away when Taeyeon suddenly wrapped her arm around my waist. I pitied her place in the situation but Taeyeon seemed to enjoy it.

 


​Yuri smiled and slightly tilted her head at the two of us and left to enter the comfort room. It was painful.

 

 

I had no words to say as Taeyeon escorted me to the ballroom. I tried to take small, short steps and I could see Taeyeon’s expression looking confused.

 

 

I already confessed my love to Yuri; this is my time to prove it but how am I supposed to do that when I’m being swept away by my ex. It’s wrong, very.

 

 

Just a few meters away from the ballroom where the party was held, my phone surprisingly rang. Taeyeon removed her arm away as I turned around to see who it was, it was Yuri. My heart was pounding from excitement and nervousness.

 

 

“Tae, it’s manager Oppa. I really have to take this, you could go ahead.” I lied as kept my distance away from her.

 

 

“Oh. Okay.” She looked disappointed but I was disappointed in her too.

 

 

We went our separate ways as I went closer to the main entrance of the lobby and answered Yuri’s call.

 

 

“Yuri? Are you okay?” I asked worriedly.

 

 

“Sica…” She cried. I could hear her sobering before and after she pronounced my name.

 

 

“Oh my God! Yuri, Wait for me there.” I quickly hanged up and raced to the comfort room, well, to comfort her.

 

 

“Yuri!” I yelled as rushed to her while she was sitting at the edge of the sink panel still holding her phone.

 

 

I went closer and started to grab tissues from the dispenser and mildly applying water on it. I softly wiped off the tears on Yuri's face as I kept silent.

 

 

“Sica, I’m fine...” She assured me.

 

 

“No you’re not!”

 

 

​"I am now..." 

 


​I lowered my hand filled with tissues back to the position beside my hips.

 

 

“Why are you crying anyway? Is it because of Taeyeon? Are you jealous? I already told you that you’re the one that I love… why are you still with Tiffany? I know you love me too… why you can’t you just leave her?”

 

 

She didn't have the strength to talk or even to smile.

 

 

Yuri still sat in the same position with her hands on her lap and cheeks filled with lines of tears and mascara pretending to be interested in her long black painted nails. I was afraid of what she was going to do next.

 

 

“Tell me…” I spoke again.

 

 

She stared heavily into my eyes as she stood up. She pulled me into her torturing embrace as she buried her face on the nape of my neck.

 

 

I’m so confused… She won’t tell me anything.

 

 

“I love you, Yuri… Why can’t we just be together?”

 

 

I felt her hug tightened as she quickly released me and faced the mirror; now fixing her makeup… not saying a word.

 

 

What’s going on with you, Yuri?

 

 

I stared blankly at her with my mouth slightly opened. I wanted to say something but my brain produced no words.

 

 

When she was done fixing herself, she walked down to the door and as she was about to leave she extended her arm and looked at me. 

 

 

"What are you waiting for?" She calmly asked.

 

I didn't hesitate to hold her hand. We went out of the comfort room together.

 

She focused her eyes at our path while I stared at her. She displayed a serious expression; her eyes looking dull. I didn’t say anything, I kept silent.

 

 

As we arrived at the huge, brown, wooden door, two security guards pushed the entrance to clear our path.

 

 

The moment the door was wide enough for Yuri and I to be visible to the crowd inside, she immediately released my hand and left my side.

 

 

I tried my best to hold back tears…