I Want That

Je l'aimais

 

 

Yuri POV

 

I stared at Jessica as she walked away. Seeing Taeyeon following her made my heart ache.

 

 

Why should I continue to run away from my feelings? It’s pointless; because at the end it will always be Jessica’s name that will be echoed repeatedly in my head.

 

 

Tiffany all of a sudden removed her arms around my neck and tried to look for something as her eyes searched around the ballroom. She turned around and I saw her sighing in relief when I noticed that she was staring at the direction where Taeyeon stood.

 

 

Why would she be looking for Taeyeon? Should I be worried about this?

 

 

“I’m thirsty; let’s grab some champagne, Yul.” She pulled my arm as she dragged me to where Taeyeon was which was beside the buffer table… and Jessica.

 

 

“Hey Taeyeon… and Jessica.” Tiffany greeted with her eye smile.

 

 

Tiffany’s actions were really suspicious.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Taeyeon grinned.

 

 

“Just about to get some champagne.” Tiffany explained as she released the grip on my arm and went closer to Taeyeon while Jessica and I continued to be quiet.

 

 

It was very noticeable that Tiffany just wanted to talk to Taeyeon and not grab some champagne.

 

 

I went closer to Jessica… I wanted to hear her voice calling my name.

 

 

“Sica…” I smiled softly.

 

 

She quickly pulled my hand and moved us further away from the other two.

 

 

“Tell me what’s going on with you… please, Yul. I have the right to know.” She begged; avoiding my eyes while her arms were crossed.

 

 

“I’m sorry… It’s just that—”

 

"May I have everyone's attention please?" Sooyoung stated through the microphone in her hand and a glass of champagne in the other while she stood at the center of the ball room.

 


​Everyone turned their heads to focus on the next words that came out of her lips; including me and Jessica.

 


​"I would like to propose a toast to my one and only sweetheart..." Waiters were circulating around the ball room offering glasses of champagne while Sooyoung raised hers.

 


​"... who is aging again. This woman has made a huge difference in my life and honestly, I don't know what I would do if I haven't met her. She's simply a part of me that I'm never letting go. She's my everything and more than I could ever want." She paused.

 

 

"Lee Soonkyu!" She pointed at Sunny. 

 


​"I see you grow into a better person every day. When I first met you, I thought you were the maknae!"

 


​Everyone laughed including Sunny.

 


​"It surprised me that you were one of the eldest and that I had to call you Unnie; but of course I didn’t. I had no idea the day I met you that you would be the only person I would want to spend the rest of my life with.”

 

 

Everyone suddenly released their “Awwwwws” and “So sweet!” phrases.

 

 

“I remember when I was still courting you two years back; you showed no interest in me. My heart wanted to explode!" She joked.

 

 

Sunny couldn't manage to stand properly; dying of laughter.

 


​"I went to SME to confront you for the last time if I had a chance with you. You just stood there in front of me, no words to say. I knew that there was no future for us that moment and I knew I had to let you go. I ran outside of the building, it was raining hard that night. I loved the raindrops because it hid the tears streaming down my cheeks. I became conscious with my surroundings and I heard someone's footsteps running behind me. I turned to find that it was you. You told me under rain that you were afraid of getting into a serious relationship despite of the strong feelings but you decided to love me instead… because it's what your heart told you. You were cheesy that night." Sooyoung joked again.

 


​"We were both soaking wet but you still managed to give me a piggy back ride to our dorm.” Sooyoung giggled in between words.

 

 

“Now two years later, here I am standing in front of you, raising a toast not only because of the two years we've spent together but of course it's your birthday. I will always be here to love you. Your love is more than enough for me. Happy birthday, sweetie. Cheers!"

 


​It was the sweetest speech I've ever witnessed. I saw passion in Sooyoung's eyes as she spoke. Sunny's eyes were getting watery and went to embrace Sooyoung after the toast. Their love is very admirable and something I want to have… with Jessica; something that we could share to the world.

 


Jessica and I simultaneously looked at each other after the whole speech.

 

 

“I want that with you…” Jessica whispered on my ear.