Gone

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Taeyeon POV

 

The two of them must be home by now… I guess I’ll just hang out here ‘till two in the morning to make sure that they’re asleep.

 

 

I’m enjoying the cool breeze here on the rooftop. With the view of the city lights in front of me, what could be better? I was alone, I liked it that way.

 

 

“Taeyeon!” I heard a familiar voice calling me.

 

 

I recognized that slightly high pitched tone anywhere… but why did I hear it here?

 

 

I turned around to look at her… showing a poker face.

 

 

“What the hell are you doing here?” I asked coldly.

 

 

“I needed to see you…” She answered sincerely as she took a step closer; holding her hands together.

 

 

“Why? So you could break my heart again?”

 

 

“…To apologize properly.”

 

 

I don’t understand… There was a certain glow in her eyes tonight… I’ve seen it before… Back when she was still my best friend. She’s changing? No, she can’t. She’s not capable of changing back to the way she used to be. This must be another one of her acts.

 

 

“And you think I’ll fall for that face again?”

 

 

“Taeyeon, I’m serious. I came here to apologize for what I did. I know I shouldn’t have done that.”

 

 

“Then why did you?”

 

 

“I… It’s a long story…”

 

 

“We got the whole night.” I crossed my arms as I raised a brow at her.

 

 

“I’ve been in love with you since I was young… And I thought you felt the same… but, but the night that I was supposed to confess, I saw you in Jessie’s room… a-and you two kissed. Happy now?”

 

 

I was speechless… But I knew I still had to hold on my anger together.

 

 

“That’s why you ruined everything?”

 

 

“Specifically because I was young, stupid and partially drunk.”

 

 

I tried to avoid her eyes.

 

 

“I know you and Jessie are working things out. I won’t bother you anymore. I just wanted you to know that I’ll be far away from you as possible.”

 

 

I started to pity her… She changed because of my relationship with Jessica. But I didn’t feel guilty, what she did was still her own doing and her fault.

 

 

“You’re not wearing your bracelet anymore… you must really hate me.” She giggled poorly as she pointed at my empty wrist.

 

 

I quickly noticed hers… still wearing the gold chained bracelet with a dangling pink heart.

 

 

“I thought you threw that away by now…” I spoke softly.

 

 

“I would never throw this away… It’s the only accessory that I truly cherished. Even if it’s too small for me now, I still wear it.”

 

She never threw it away…

 

 

“We’re so messed up.” I sighed.

 

 

“It’s my fault…” She answered.

 

 

“I love you, Tae… I thought I didn’t anymore but now I can’t deny it.” She added gently.

 

 

“I promised that I would change to prove how much I still loved you… I started by apologizing sincerely.”

 

 

“What’s next after that?”

 

 

She gave me a weak smile.

 

 

“By letting you go and let you be happy…”

 

 

She started to exit the rooftop as I stared blankly at her.

 

 

As upset as I was right now, she still had a grip on me. I thought I already let her go… but I was wrong. In truth, I really missed her. Maybe seeing her tonight was the best thing that ever happened.

 

 

I won’t closer as I grabbed her hand to stop her from leaving. She turned her head to face me and gave the best eye smile I ever saw.

 

 

“You stole me from Jessica and suddenly left me hanging, because you of that kiss you saw years ago?” I spoke softly.

 

 

“I know it was childish and stupid.” She giggled.

 

 

“Pabo…” I laughed out.

 

 

She laughed along too.

 

 

“I miss the old Tiffany. The new one .” I complained with a pout.

 

 

“Well… Bad girl Tiffany is gone. The good version will eventually come around.” She smirked.

 

 

“I would really like to hang out with the good version sometimes…” I smiled sweetly.