Cloud Nine

Je l'aimais

 

 

It was 9:26 later that evening when Yuri and I arrived back home from the amusement park, or Yuri's so called "carnival".

As Yuri opened the door to our beloved home, only Yoona and Sunny were there watching T.V. Both of them Indian-sat on the floor, each of them holding a bowl full of ice cream. Yoona had cookies n' cream while Sunny had cookie dough flavor.

"Anyeeeeeeooooooooong!" They both greeted us in unison as they stood up on their feet and helped us with the takeouts Yuri and I carried and placed it on the counter in the kitchen.

"Where have you two been?" Sunny asked as she raised her brow at us.

"Beeeeeeaaaar!" Yoona shouted in delight at Yuri after Sunny's question as she opened her arms to embrace the stuffed animal Yuri was hugging.

"It's Mr. Bear!" Yuri corrected in a childish tone as she handed the bear to Yoona.

"I just got her out of her depression." Yuri finally answered Sunny's question as she pointed at me.

Sunny chuckled.

"Well that's wonderful. It's been two months since I saw her this happy." Sunny shared in excitement.

"Where'd the bea-- I mean Mr. Bear come from?" Yoona asked as she squeezed the huge bear in her arms; her face pouting like a puppy.

"It's my prize from the carnival." Yuri replied.

Sunny and Yoona looked at each other in confusion wondering if there was a carnival in town.

"Amusement park..." I corrected.

"Ooooohh." Sunny and Yoona responded.

Yuri looked at me with a childish frown.

"Oh by the way... Sica Unnie, your cellphone rang 5 times today." Yoona popped her lips as she told the information while placing her elbows on the counter.

I sighed.

"Ugh. It must be manager Oppa again. He's been calling me non-stop since this morning so I left my phone in my room before we left... This reminds me, I have to clean the mess Yuri complained about earlier." I looked at Yuri and gave her a grin.

"You need help?" Yuri cheerfully volunteered.

"Actually, yeah. The filth is actually too much for me to handle." I laughed in response.

"Hey Uhmmm, is it okay if Yoona and I go out? We have to go to SME." Sunny asked after checking her phone.

"This late?" Yuri worriedly asked.

"Sooyoung just texted me to go their right now and Seohyun wanted Yoona to come." Sunny explained.

"Seo-baby too?" Yoona asked; quickly turned her head to Sunny.

"Yeah. They said it's urgent." Sunny explained as her face started to sink in the worrisome emotion.

"Okay, okay, go attend to your girlfriends' needs." I joked.

"Yeah. It's totally fine, Sica and I are here anyway." Yuri added.

"Thank you so much, Unnies." Yoona smiled in gratitude.

Sunny immediately picked her purse and Yoona placed the teddy bear on the couch and they both headed to SME as Yuri and I started cleaning my very messy room.

Yuri collected up the trash and placed it on the tray on the floor as I walked to my phone on the nightstand.

I caught Yuri at the corner of my eye staring at me as I read the missed calls list.

"You better call manager Oppa back." She suggested seriously.

"The last five missed calls weren't from manager Oppa." I looked back at Yuri.

"Then who?" Her eyes widened.

"It's Taeyeon..."

I saw Yuri lightly gasped in silence and her lips and bit them afterwards.

"Then you better talk to her, she probably wants you to."

"What would say?" I started to panic.

"Well you better talk to her face to face right now. It's impossible that she called you five times for no apparent reason." She stepped closer to me, still looking serious.

I continued to worry as I felt my heart beating faster and palms getting sweaty. I knew that Yuri was right but I just didn't have the guts to see Taeyeon.

I held Yuri's hands tight as she looked at me with a straight face.

"Yuri... I, I can't. I just can't." I started to look pathetic.

"Then live the rest of your life wondering why she left you." She instantly moved a step further from me as she crossed her arms.

I stepped closer to her and grabbed her hands again.

"Then come with me." I begged.

She sighed annoyingly.

"And I'm the one you're calling childish." She complained; raising a brow.

I giggled as I bowed my head.

"Please?" I continued; starting to pout.

She sighed again, but this time, a toothless smile appeared afterwards.

"Fine." She chuckled out.

"Yay!" I cheered as I hugged her tight by the waist and placed my chin on her shoulder.

We continued giggling as she hugged me back by my waist as well. The laughter slowly faded until it became too quiet, neither of us breaking the embrace. My chin left her shoulder and we looked face to face with our arms still wrapped around each other.

Yuri's expression looked calm but I could see that her eyes screamed out of nervousness.

I gently let out an innocent smile that made her keep a distance between our faces.

"We should check if Tae is at SME. You really need to talk to her once and for all." She happily spoke as she bowed her head.

I nodded in response.

She adoringly kissed my left cheek, slightly the skin that rested on her lips.

She giggled after releasing her lips with a ‘pop’ sound.

"Let's go!" She cheered and I broke the embrace.

We continued leaving the dorm to head on to SME.

"Yuri kissed my cheek." Was the only thing that has echoed through my mind the whole time, and I felt happy about it. 

I try to look at it as a friendly thing and besides, I still love Taeyeon. But I can't ignore the fact that I felt like I was on cloud nine the whole time Yuri's lips touched my fragile skin.