Love and Guilt

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Jessica POV

 

I don’t know how this could get any better…

 

 

“You’re almost mine…” I whispered on her ear.

 

 

I noticed her blushing as she felt my breath brushing on her skin.

 

 

We swayed smoothly to the beat of the music as our arms were loosely wrapped around each other.

 

 

“Many people are starting to stare at us…” She giggled.

 

 

“I don’t care…” I whispered back.

 

 

“I better look for Tiffany now and end this…”

 

 

“You should…” I nodded.

 

 

Taeyeon POV

 

“Wait, wait! You’re serious about this?”

 

 

I pulled Tiffany’s hand as she tried to approach Yuri.

 

 

“I’m damn serious.” She giggled softly.

 

 

I didn’t respond.

 

 

“I just realized this… but I’m not only doing this for you… I’m doing this for Yuri too. I can’t leave her hanging anymore. Our relationship is dead, I swear. And I’m in love with someone else so there’s no point in being with her.” She added.

 

 

J-Jessica… Wait…

 

 

“You can’t… Y-Yuri… She’s been really close with Jessica and once you let her go she’ll surely chase Sica.”

 

 

“So?” She knitted her brows.

 

 

I kept silent as I she easily noticed in my expression what I was trying to say.

 

 

“Oh my God. You still love her?” She asked annoyingly.

 

 

“I-It’s just… I promised that I’d be better and… she’s close with Yuri and I try to separate them as much as I can—”

 

 

“That’s not love, Tae… that’s guilt and selfishness.”

 

 

I raised my brows at what she said.

 

 

“I know I’m not in the right position to talk about that since I’m the guiltiest when it comes to selfishness… but you? You’re not like that. You’re loving and caring… I can never imagine you doing something cruel to separate two people from each other. I know you… and that’s not you. That’s not Taengoo…” She stepped closer as she cupped my face.

 

 

My face softened as I felt her hand touched my skin.

 

 

“I’ll try to ease your thoughts a little, okay?” She spoke.

 

 

I nodded slowly as waited for what she’ll say.

 

 

“Why did you try so hard to avoid seeing me when I came back? You went to SME very late at night just to make sure that you won’t see me. Why so much effort?” She asked.

 

 

She had a point…

 

 

I-I tried so hard to avoid her… because I was afraid that I might fall for her again. Deep inside I knew that I still had that tendency to get caught in her trap; that maybe her eye smile and teases would pull me back again… and I didn’t want to.

 

 

“Think about that for a while, I’ll just have to go and break up with someone.” She spoke in a somehow comforting tone as she left me in the middle of the dance floor… to break up with Yuri.

 

 

S-She’s really doing this…

 

 

The one thing I wanted her to do for so long but didn’t.

 

 

She’s redeeming  herself…

 

 

She’s really trying…

 

 

Nostalgic feelings clouding my mind…

 

 

Her voice as soft as it was when we first met…

 

 

And Jessica… Tiffany was right about that too…

 

 

If I really cared about Jessica, I shouldn’t have separated her from Yuri.

 

 

So now, I can conclude that I don’t care about her as much as I did before.

 

 

It’s hard to admit that maybe I used ‘love’ as a term for my guilt.

 

 

But now everything is clearer… I do miss Tiffany.

 

 

She’s slowly turning into the girl I first loved so much… my best friend.