You're So Cute

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Jessica POV

 

All of us were in the car together going home after a very tiring day. But for me, it was an emotional one. I couldn’t get Yuri’s words out of my head. Even during the interviews, the girls would have to snap me out of my fantasies. I would totally space out when someone would ask me a question. They just explained to the interviewers that I was tired or sleepy. But I was really hurt. I didn’t know how much anger Yuri hid within her.

 

 

So there we were, in the car. The two maknaes were sleeping together on the seats in front of me, Sooyoung, Sunny and Hyoyeon were eating some biscuits and crackers, and Taeyeon sat beside me. We still weren’t talking normally. And Yuri sat all the way at the back… alone.

 

 

I wanted to cry so hard but I just couldn’t let myself be weak in front of the girls. I tried to sleep it off. It eventually worked.

 

 

“Sica… Sica, we’re here.” Taeyeon rubbed my shoulder to wake me up.

 

 

I thanked her for waking me up then after that we didn’t talk to each other again.

 

 

Yuri POV

 

I went straight to my room. I wanted to forget… forget about that night. But it’s just so hard for me to let go. I thought of what Tiffany offered; that she wanted to fix things and I wanted to forget my feelings for Jessica, it was just the perfect fit. So I tried calling Fany to inform her that I would like to fix things with her.

 

 

“Fany-ah?”

 

 

“Yul! You called back.”

 

 

“I said I would. Look Tiffany, about what you said a few hours back. I think it’s best if we did try to resolve things.” I spoke as I slowly walked to my door and stared through the small gap, just enough to gaze at Jessica who sat at the kitchen counter eating ice cream.

 

 

I heard Tiffany gasp in delight.

 

 

“Yul, really? After what I did… you’re giving me a second chance?” She started to sober.

 

 

“Yes, Tiff.” I smiled.

 

 

“Okay, Uhmmm. I’ll book a flight to Korea tonight. It’s what we argued about back then and if I go back, maybe I’ll be able to fix things there with you, like being a better girlfriend.”

 

 

“No… I’ll go there… In the States. We’ll start over there. It seems best.”

 

 

I continued staring at the depressed Sica.

 

 

I wanted to take this opportunity to fix things with Tiffany and I knew that this would also help me get over Jessica.

 

 

“You’re really coming back?”

 

 

“I will. I’ll start fixing some of my stuff. Hopefully I’ll be able to book a flight for tomorrow in the evening. I have to go now, okay? I have a long day ahead tomorrow. See you. Bye.”

 

 

“I won’t let you down this time, Yuri. Bye.”

 

 

I continued to look through the gap.

 

 

“I really crushed her this time.” I spoke to myself in disbelief as I stared at Jessica.

 

 

I wanted to talk to Jessica so bad but I also wanted to leave her without letting her know. I was positioned in the perfect set up. As much as I wanted to apologize for my behavior this afternoon, I could leave her, depressed, probably mad at me. The only memory that I would leave her is a broken hearted Yuri who wants to forget her. If I told her, she would be a lot more saddened and it might lead to something else. It’s better if she didn’t know. I’m actually doing her a favor.

 

 

I’m not an expert in love but I’m aware that you can’t be best friends with the person you love.

 

 

I silently closed my door and started to pack my things. I went straight to sleep afterwards without leaving the room even just to go to the bathroom. I didn’t want to be left alone with Sica. It would piss her a lot more if we ever saw each other and I didn’t tell her before my leave.

 

 

It was a few hours later during my slumber. I was dreaming of that night again with Jessica. It was still heaven to me. She laid beside me and hid me tight in her arms. I loved being in her embrace. Honestly, it was the best dream I ever had. For some reason she called out my name a million times.

 

 

I started to wake and realized that it wasn’t a dream. Jessica was really there beside me. I defaced her as she kept me in her arms. I turned around to face her in shock.

 

 

“Jessica, why are you here?!” I asked, startled.

 

 

“Hi, Yul. Did I ever tell you that you’re so cute whenever you wake up?” She smiled as she fixed my hair.