Tattooed

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Yuri POV

 

My flight will be around 8 pm so I’ll have to be at the airport by 6 pm. I wasn’t really sure what time Jess and Tae’s schedule will be done but I hoped that it would be later than 6.

 

 

I didn’t want to see Jessica again. Not like this.

 

 

Not when I’m leaving.

 

 

As unpleasant as it seemed, I had to know what time will their schedule end to estimate the time of my leave. And the only person who can answer my question was Taeyeon.

 

 

“Tae?”

 

 

Taeyeon POV

 

“What?” I spoke back strongly as I held the door knob. A few moments after Tiffany called.

 

 

“I need to know what time your schedule ends.”

 

 

“So you could see Jessica again?”

 

 

“Actually… the opposite.”

 

 

I was shocked. Yuri doesn’t want to see Jessica before she leaves? This seems interesting.

 

 

“Why not?” Softening my voice.

 

 

“Actually, it’s all of you. I don’t want the girls to be around when I leave including you two.”

 

 

“Oh. Seems legit. Our schedule ends at 5. Does that suit your plan?”

 

 

“Not quite. But I’ll make a way. Thanks, Tae. Bye.”

 

 

“Wait, Yul!”

 

 

“Yeah?”

 

 

“Have a safe flight. I mean it this time.” I smirked.

 

 

I thought that since Yuri will be away she would no longer be a threat and when she comes back, she and Tiffany will be madly in love with each other again and even though that will not happen, Jessica and I will be better together by that time.

 

 

I admit that I’m selfish. I’m selfish when it comes to Jessica. It’s a character that I’ve developed when I started to fall for her.

 

 

“Thanks, Tae. And please don’t tell anyone about it.” I heard her reflecting my tone.

 

 

“No problem. Hey, Yul… no hard feelings?”

 

 

“Not at all. I’m sorry that I ever made you feel like I was threat in the first place.”

 

 

I hanged up with a soft smile on my face.

 

 

Later that afternoon…

 

 

Yuri POV

 

It was 4 pm already when I went out of the dorm on my way to the airport.

 

 

I made sure that I had finished all of the things that I had to do. I would have to spend a lot of time hanging out at the airport by myself while I wonder what Jessica might be doing.

 

 

I miss her already, I thought.

 

 

Jessica POV

 

Where’s Yuri? I thought as I looked around the dorm.

 

 

“Her luggage isn’t here anymore. She left.” Taeyeon spoke, as worried as I was.

 

 

We just got home from our tight schedule with the other girls still busy with theirs.

 

 

“Maybe she didn’t want to see us before she left.” Taeyeon held my trembling hands.

 

 

“But she promised.” My voice shaking, I tried my best to release those words.

 

 

Taeyeon bowed her head, her face full of pity.

 

 

“Sica…” She cupped her palm on my cheek.

 

 

“There are just some promises that can’t be kept.” She added as she met my eyes.

 

 

Tears flowed down my cheeks and through Taeyeon’s hand.

 

 

“Not Yuri’s promises.” I went back to my room, leaving Taeyeon standing there, worried about me.

 

 

I lay on my bed, with tears piling up in my tightly, closed eyes.

 

 

I opened my eyes tryingly to find Yuri’s special stuffed animal laying beside me with a small note held on its cotton, blue hands.

 

 

I grabbed the small note and sat on my bed to read what was written within it. I wiped off my tears with the back of my hand to clear up the wetness of my eyes that caused the blurry vision.

 

 

Sica…

 

            I didn’t keep my promise… I’m sorry. I’m not only sorry for leaving you but I’m sorry that I lied to you. I just didn’t want to see you cry before I leave because I don’t think my heart can take it. Since I’ve caused you sadness, I’m giving my one and only prized possession which is Mr. Bear. Remember our rule, right? If one of us makes the other one uncomfortable or sad, the other must give something. Do you know why this stuffed animal is so special to me? It’s because every time I gaze through its buttoned eyes, I see you. I remember the day when I made you smile when no one else didn’t. I hope whenever you look through its eyes you’ll also see me. I feel special when I’m around you. You made me feel loved more than anyone else in this world. And I hope and pray that I have made you feel loved as much as you made me for the past month. The sad thing is… we have to leave all of that behind. No matter what my reasons are for leaving… whether it’s me moving on or missing Tiffany. You’ll always be the one I’ll care about the most.

 

 

PS: That day with you that I try so hard to forget… forever tattooed on my mind.

 

 

Yul

 

 

Heavier tears flowed down my weak cheeks as I hugged the bear tight in my arms, pretending that it was Yuri under my embrace.

 

 

I have to chase her… I still have time.