Never Happened

Je l'aimais

 

 

 

Jessica POV

 

I stood there; frozen. I didn’t know how to respond. I knew the words that I wanted to say but I just didn’t know how to say it.

 

 

“Answer me!” She demanded. I saw the anger in her eyes.

 

 

I lost my voice. I didn’t know where I should start.

 

 

“If you won’t answer me then its best if you just go.” She spoke stubbornly, going back to her sleeping position.

 

 

I stood there for a few more minutes, deciding if I should leave.

 

 

I went to her bed and lay next to her as she defaced me. I faced her back and cuddled her tightly in my arms and she didn’t resist. I thought that maybe this was the only that I could comfort her or express my unspoken words... through my embrace.

 

 

How could I even have the courage to break her, when I swore that I would never ever hurt her? I convinced myself that she just needs some time to after her breakup with Tiffany and being with me isn’t the solution to her heartache.

 

 

Yuri POV

 

I love it whenever she hugs me like this. I’ve mentioned it more than once that I felt safe in her arms. I didn’t want her to go but it’s more confusing to me now. Why did she enter my room anyway? And was she back with Taeyeon? Questions that I pondered but didn’t ask.

 

 

“Sica, you haven’t answered me yet.” I tried to say firmly.

 

 

“I’m not ready for ‘this’, Yuri.”

 

 

I bit my lower lip to hold back the tears.

 

 

“Then what did you do to me earlier in this room? What does the whole making out with me meant to you?”

 

 

“I violated you, my best friend… I’m sorry.”

 

 

“Violated?” I asked to myself.

 

 

“If these feelings we have for each other really exist, then I believe we’re going a little bit too fast.” She added.

 

 

“Yuri… I swore that I would never hurt you… but… this won’t work.”

 

 

I wiped the tears off my face with the pillow that my head rested on. I quickly twisted my body to hug her back; her chin resting on top of my head as she rubbed my back.

 

 

“Let’s just act like this day never even happened.” I released painfully.

 

 

I knew that I would never forget this day. The day that I finally admitted to myself that I liked her for quite a long time but just tried to ignore it. The day that we first kissed, and hopefully not our last. The day that I felt my heart healing from Tiffany because of her. She completed me… how is it possible for me to forget this day? But I knew I had to if I wanted to keep Jessica in my life.

 

 

She quickly bowed her head to face me.

 

 

“That’s up to you.” She calmly whispered.

 

 

I fixed my body to meet her eyes.

 

 

“Will you try to forget?” I asked her with a childish pout.

 

 

She combed the strands of my hair as she sighed.

 

 

“Maybe… eventually.” She responded.

 

 

I rested my head on her chest. A little bit disappointed with her answer. I just hoped that maybe she told me that she wouldn’t want to forget or even make effort to try to. I clearly saw that being together wasn’t really such of a good idea after all.

 

 

She kissed the top of my head, which made me tear up a little.

 

 

I really loved her.

 

 

“You’ll always be my best friend, Yul. And we’ll always be this close. There’s no reason for us to part, right? Just because we can’t work out as… you know, doesn’t mean that we can’t be as close as we used to be.”

 

 

I tried to brighten up a little. I wanted to be close to her despite of the circumstance. I still want her as my best friend. I still need her here, by my side.

 

 

“I promised you that I’m never gonna leave you and that promise still remains. I’ll always be here for you, Yuri.” She added.

 

 

I lay on my back again, looking at the ceiling. I caught her at the corner of my eye staring at me. It wasn’t long until she rested her body on top of mine.

 

 

“Sica, what are you doing?” I giggled.

 

 

I widened my eyes as she caught her lips with mine like before. I saw her eyes gently closing as mine did the same.

 

 

I broke the kiss for air, looking puzzled.

 

 

“Sica… Why did you do that? I thought this won’t work.”

 

 

“You told me that let’s just act like today never happened, right? So let’s just try to make the most out of it.”

 

 

She gave me a quick peck.

 

 

“When we wake up, none of this happened but tonight… I’ll be yours and you’ll be mine, okay?”

 

 

I smirked at the thought of it.

 

 

We’ll get to act as lovers for the last time. It was bittersweet. But this was better than nothing.

 

 

I nodded quickly as I stared at her lips; she noticed where my eyes were gazing at and kissed me passionately for the whole night ‘till both of us eventually fell asleep in each other’s arms.