Setting things right with Jean

45 guys vs 1 girl

 

Chapter 40

[No One’s POV]

After coming out of the shower, Hyunmi then proceeded out of her room and went knocking on the guest room’s door.

A moment later, her ex-best friend, Jean, appeared knowing fully why Hyunmi was here but still she acted calm, appearing confused and concerned.

“Lexy? Are you okay? I saw Eli carrying you in last night, what happened? Did you get knock out by some random guy” Jean smirked mentally, knowing how weak the girl was when it comes to the matter of hearts.

Why?” Hyunmi’s tone came out hard and strong but it contained no anger, just disappointment and sadness.

That very one question had Jean losing her composure for a moment and that was when she realized the changes in Hyunmi.

The once weak and fragile girl had matured into a strong, young lady.

The look of vulnerability in her big brown eyes had disappeared and was replaced with determination.

Her posture made her stood tall and she actually looked intimidating with her confidence.

Gone was the weak Hyunmi and in its place was one that was determined for answers.

And, that, just added to Jean’s already boiling temper.

“Why? WHY?! YOU DARE TO ASK ME WHY? HAVE YOU EVER STOP FOR A MOMENT TO LOOK AT YOURSELF? IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT YOU, YOU AND YOU! YOU’RE ALWAYS USING YOUR PITYNESS TO GET PEOPLE TO LIKE YOU! WHAT ABOUT ME?! I’VE ALWAYS BEEN LIVING UNDER YOUR SHADOW! I’VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS! YOU RUINED MY ENTIRE LIFE AND I HATE YOU!

Jean screamed with all her might, releasing all the bottled up feelings she had been hiding for years. With dark piercing eyes, she glared at Hyunmi who seemed to be deep in thoughts, absorbing all that her ex-best friend had just told her.

Jean smirked in triumph, thinking that she had finally won over Hyunmi. But, just then, Hyunmi spoke and dashed all of Jean’s hope.

“You know what, Jean? You’re pathetic. I once looked up to you, to the girl who had stood by me since forever. But, now you’re just merely another Sharon and Michael. What was there to be jealous about for me? You had so many real friends and I can barely find a few. My mom was just another stranger and your mom had been there for you 24/7. Don’t be jealous of me; be content with what you have. It’s still not too late for you to turn back now, don’t wait till you lose yourself, lose the person with the personality I once looked up to. It had been nice to be friends with you, Jean. And, now, it’s goodbye.”

As she said all of this, Hyunmi’s tears welled up in her eyes but she never let them dropped. She looked straight into Jean’s eyes and hoped the girl will get what she meant.

As she turned her back against Jean and walked in the opposite direction, leaving the latter stunned with her response, a few tears slipped past the barrier she had made up and dropped silently onto her cheeks.

They were tears of sadness but Hyunmi knew everything was going to be alright, for what she had done was right. 

 

A/N: Back with another chapter ^^ I'm going to be on a sort of one month hiatus since I'm having exams soon >.< I'll try my best to update when I have the time so please be patient with me (: 

I apologise for the iness of this chapter :/ I'm not too pleased with it too, i promise the next one would be better ^^ 

No replies today, trying to update all my fics now (:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^ 

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONSARELOVED!~ <3

PS, Though I said no replies, I really need to reply to xXJitaCrazyXx , just to tell you girl, your comment freaking cracked me up in the middle of my lesson! xDD LMAO! :PP