Heart to Heart Talk with Shindong Oppa

45 guys vs 1 girl

 

Chapter dedicated to pblovingasain , my Britney Dongsaeng!~ This girl is FREAKIN' ADORABLE! <3

 

 

Chapter 32

[No one’s POV]

The clock struck 12 and once again, Hyunmi found herself unable to fall sleep. This time, she decided to go to the kitchen to drink some water, hoping that it’ll help her in falling asleep.

Upon reaching the kitchen, she saw that the kitchen was lighted up and there was a silhouette standing by the kitchen table.

“Excuse me?” Hyunmi called out.

The person turned about and Hyunmi found herself face to face with Super Junior’s Shindong.

“Oh, Hyunmi ah.” Shindong was clearly surprised to find the younger girl in the kitchen at such a late timing.

“Oppa.” Hyunmi greeted as she went nearer to the older man to get a glass of water in the jug beside him.

Seeing her actions, Shindong immediately knew that she too was unable to fall asleep because he himself was about to do the exact same thing when Hyunmi had arrived. Shindong had found himself unable to fall asleep tonight, which wasn’t an abnormal thing. He often gets insomnia when he overworks himself.

It might have been that he had been practicing too hard with Eunhyuk, Donghae, Kyuhyun and Sungmin for the upcoming SM Town Concert in Los Angeles. Well, there wasn’t much of an option, heck make it no options. Shindong didn’t have any say in practicing since the concert was in about 2 days time. The whole SM Family was leaving for Los Angeles tomorrow so as to have practice time on the stage in Los Angeles.

“Pour a cup for me too, will you?” SHindong asked Hyunmi who obliged and then brought them to the coffee table.

As the two settled down in their seats, Shindong started the conversation.

“You can’t sleep either?” The sentence had Hyunmi nodding her head with a slight pout.

“You too, Oppa?” She in turn, returned his question.

“Yeah, probably too much practice for the upcoming concert.” Shindong smiled tiredly.

“Poor Oppa. Hwaiting!” Hyunmi cheered as she held up a fist.

Shindong bumped her fist and lightly chuckled at the younger girl’s enthusiasm.

“What about you? You don’t have practice. After living with 14 guys for so many years, you most probably are having some problems aren’t you? Want to talk to me about it?” Shindong suggested, his tone and facial expressions turning serious.

Up till now, Hyunmi hadn’t realized why she wasn’t able to sleep. But, thinking back, whenever she couldn’t sleep in the past, it has almost always been about her having problems and her dad would be there to solve them for her. It was almost the same except that it was Shindong offering her help instead.

“You really want to listen?” Hyunmi asked, in doubt. It wasn’t often for her that people cared for her that much.

“Go on.” Shindong encouraged. He didn’t know a thing about Hyunmi’s past nor did he have any idea of what her problems might be. But, one thing was for sure, that girl seems to have a bad past. It might have been oblivious to the others but he could sense it somehow that the younger girl didn’t have enough love as she was supposed to get.

 Taking in a deep breath, Hyunmi started talking.

Ever since I came to Korea, everything has been a new adventure. 46 guys I’ve never known till now suddenly came into my life. But, I wasn’t sad or anything just unprepared. They gave me such a warm feeling I never had before. A very family feeling. In the past, even though I had a mom, it had just been me and dad.

I’m not saying that dad wasn’t a good to me, but it was just that there was never a feeling of family. Yes, I had a complete family with my mom and dad but it was like mom was never there. She was just a person I knew, a stranger. There was never a complete kind of feeling. But with you guys, I felt complete. It was like enough.

No one is a woman, but, yet, Jungsoo and Key Oppa made me experience what it feels like to have a mother.

When everyone knew about the Yoona incident, they showed so much care and concern towards me. Something that I never had enough of…”

At this point, Hyunmi stopped herself. She didn’t know if she could tell her past to someone that easily. But looking into Shindong’s eyes, she knew she could. There was trust, concern and worries for her in his eyes. And, so, she continued.

“I know I might be greedy for wanting more care and concern when I should have just been content with Dad’s love for me. But, perhaps it was because of the fact that my mother was never there, I craved for even more love.

Since young, I had to learn the hard way that not everybody loves me for who I am. Because my mother didn’t care for me, I turned my attention to friendship. I made many friends whom I thought were nice and good to me for who I am and to only find out that they were only after my dad’s fame and money.

Even though I had been hurt time again and again, I still continue to believe in love and friendship. And, finally, I found people whom I thought loved me. Dad loved me, I knew that. But, he had to travel constantly and when I started growing up, I couldn’t tag along every single time so I put all my energy and love in friendship.

I made three very good friends, Jean, Kelly and Sharon. Out of them three, I used to be closest with Sharon. A year back, I had a boyfriend, Michael. I liked him a lot and thought he did too.

That was until I got betrayed.

I never saw it coming. I never suspected anything. I never thought I would get betrayed by love and friendship both at once.

On a Monday morning, I went to school earlier, planning to surprise my boyfriend who often arrived in school early. But, I got shocked instead. I saw him and Sharon kissing. I heard him telling her that he never liked me and was just using me to get close to her. And, she too said the same things.

My world came crashing down. My best friend and my boyfriend being together. I found myself being used once again for the purpose of others.”

Hyunmi then stopped short as she looked into Shindong’s warm eyes with hers b with tears.

“And that’s why, I’m really grateful to all the Oppas. Because I know you aren’t using me and you really care about me. I don’t know if I’m just naïve or what, but, I’m just going to trust my instinct once again to believe that there are actually people who care and love me for who I am. I can trust Oppas right?”

The very last sentence Hyunmi said before breaking down had pained Shindong’s heart. He quickly gathered her in his arms and patted her back soothingly.

Hyunmi was a mere 17 year old girl. She didn’t deserve to have people using her to get to her dad nor having her best friend betraying her. People were supposed to befriend her because of who she is and her best friend was supposed to be there for her when her boyfriend abandoned her.

A mere 17 year old girl shouldn’t have to know the realistic world till much older. She shouldn’t have to grow up knowing that her mom didn’t care about her. She shouldn’t have to grow up in such a realistic world. She shouldn’t have to have hurt herself because she needed the love and care everyone has easily.

There were so many things that she shouldn’t have to go through at her age but yet, she went through all of them and is still able to smile brightly. She was still putting others in front of herself and rather gets hurt alone than asking for help.

“It’s going to be okay. Hyunmi, you can trust us. I promise, no one and no one in this household of 45 guys will hurt you. Everyone loves you because you’re Park Hyunmi, the dongsaeng that cares for everyone and thinks of everyone before herself. So, don’t go having all those thoughts anymore alright?”  

Shindong whispered as he continued patting Hyunmi’s back.

“Thank you Oppa. Really, thank you so much.” There was nothing Hyunmi could do except thanking Shindong because she was really grateful.

“Don’t say that. C’mon, let’s get you to bed.” Shindong said as he lifted the younger girl into his arms and proceeded up the stairs.

Oh Shindong, how wrong could you have been about no one hurting her.

 

A/N: Yay!~ Update! Keke~ Answer for question two is revealed~ :D 

Only one person got the answer (: My Chelle3lf Unnie, your pic req pls! :D

The answer for question one will be revealed next chapter ^^  

And, O.O SMTown concert coming up~ That means the house is going to be quite empty~ xD 

Guys, I wrote a new oneshot about Chullie's leaving T_T, check it out will ya? ((: 

Heechul, Please Don't Go

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter! ^^

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONSARELOVED!~ <3