No Objections

Something Called Love...

Truth is in accordance with fact or reality. For the Lee couple, the truth to be revealed should not be considered an easy thing to accept. Especially when they have so many obstacles in their way. Inside this truth, lies another truth yet to be revealed.

“Should we tell her about the engagement?” Lee Yejin asked her husband who was busy reading the daily newspaper. The ‘her’ that she was referring to was yet to be home.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. It might distract her.” Lee Sugeun answered, not bothering to look up from the newspaper. “She has a very important exam to sit for this year.” He reminded.

The news is very important, yet he wasn’t willing to risk anything. Education is still the top priority for his eldest daughter, regardless how important the engagement might be.

Not satisfied with the answer, Yejin tried to find more excuses. “But the Jungs are coming soon and we can’t keep this for long.” Her husband was still silent.

“Do you even think he will accept her? She’s way too young for him anyway.” he voiced out his thoughts.

"What do you need to be worried about anyway?"

"I just don't want to see her heartbroken. You knew she never fell in love before and this is..." Hyundong sighed, as his tone of voice subsided.

"You don't have to worry." She patted her husband's hand for assurance. “I’ve got all of that figured out.” Yejin mumbled to herself.

Ever since Ji Eun was little, Yejin had been planning for this engagement. Yejin had trained her daughter to be perfect in everyway. Of course no one realized that, not even her husband. Yet she didn’t realize, her actions had their consequences on Ji Eun. She may look tough and carefree on the outside, but she is very…  fragile on the inside.

“Should we move?” she suggested after a moment of silence.

“Just because of that matter, doesn’t mean we have to move.”

“We still have to! I’m bored living here, we have to move to Seoul!” Yejin exclaimed.

She was already hoping for many things from the said engagement. Luxurious life, even more than what she had already experienced.

Unknown to them, Ji Eun just came back from school and heard their conversation. She leaned against the wall, trying to listen carefully to her parents conversation. Did I just hear that we’re moving?

“I’m not sure. Besides, the cost of living there is very expensive and you know how our economic status is doing right now…” Sugeun gave an excuse while flipping the newspaper.

“Have you forgotten something? After that happens, we’ll be back to how we used to be.” The wife was still not satisfied and tried to convince him harder.

Sighing heavily, he folded the paper and faced his spouse. “That’s not the real purpose of the promise. Besides, the place is different and we’ll have to think about the kids too. It’ll be hard for them to fit in a new place.”

“Mom… dad…” Ji Eun greeted, finally revealing herself from behind the wall.

“Oh, Ji Eun-ah, you’re home? How’s school today?” Sugeun greeted his daughter with a smile.

“Like the usual.” She simply replied. “Dad… are we moving? Why?” Ji Eun straightforwardly asked the question.

“No honey, me and your mother were just talking about it. It’s no big deal.” He replied, assuring her that everything was fine.

“Go upstairs and study.” Yejin stated firmly with no expression. “And stop eavesdropping on people’s conversations!”

“Dae mom.” Ji Eun slightly nodded and headed to her bedroom.


The Jungs were having dinner in complete silence. All eyes were on the Jung’s eldest son who barely touched his meal. He kept cutting the steak into small pieces and putting them aside. None of those ended up in his mouth. The Jung couple knew why their son were acting that way; he was probably frustrated of the news that morning.

Finally, the youngest of the four spoke up, breaking the silence. “Oppa, are you gonna eat that or not? If not, give it to me!” Jihye snapped at her brother.

Yunho pushed his plate towards his sister, not forgetting to add a remark. “You’re seriously getting fatter nowadays .” Jihye just replied with a glare.

“Yunho-ah, is there something bothering you? You barely eat anything.” His mother, Jung Misun asked.

Even though they might already know the reason why. Yunho would occasionally come over for dinner, but this time everyone knew there was something bothering him.

“I don’t agree with this engagement thing.” Yunho simply replied, sipping a glass of water. “Can’t you trust me to find a girl by myself?”

“It’s been years since the last time you had a girlfriend. Besides, we promised this years ago when you were still little.” Jung Hyundong stated.

“Is oppa getting married?!” Jihye asked with full.

Yunho sighed, leaning back on the chair. “But I don’t even know this girl. You’re seriously gonna marry me off to a stranger?”

“I’ve seen pictures of her and I think you two would make an adorable couple!” his mother exclaimed dreamily.

“Adorable? But omma, I-I… I don’t love her!”

“When you meet her, I’m sure you will. Besides, love after marriage is sweeter.”

“Omma, are you sure this Ice King will fall in love that easily?” Jihye commented.

Yunho will usually send Jihye a death glare or smack her head every time she says that. But this time, he couldn’t help but to slightly agree with his sister. He wasn’t the type that would easily fall in love, much less experiencing love at first sight. Ever since he broke up with his girlfriend, no one has been able to break through the ice wall shielding his heart.

“But, can’t you just… cancel it?” he tried to reason.

“No more buts Yunho. Me and your father will meet her soon to arrange this marriage. You’re going to marry her as soon as possible.” Misun stated firmly, earning another sigh from Yunho.

“Anymore objections, you can say goodbye to your position as CEO of Jung Corp.” Hyundong threatened as he was about to protest.

Yunho hates it when his parents use that reason to threaten him. He knew there was nothing he could do to change it now.

“And you’ll move back here once you’re married.” Misun reminded her son.


 

another update! sorry if the earlier chapters are a bit dragging, because i want you guys to understand their life before marriage first. and yes, their age difference is quite large. but i want to try and experiment with that plot. 

anyways i hope you enjoy~! did i disappoint you? XD

keep reading~! <3