Expect The Unexpected

Something Called Love...

Yunho entered the kitchen and saw his wife by the stove, cooking up something delicious. He could smell the aroma of her cooking from a mile away. He just smirked and rolled his eyes, seeing the same routine over and over again.

He had to admit her amazing skills, but Ji Eun spent half of her time everyday at the kitchen. Either preparing breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just simply cooking something. She was beginning to look like the Jungs’ personal chef.

“Baby, I’m home,” Yunho greeted by hugging his wife from behind.

Ji Eun smiled at his sweet gesture as she continued stirring the cooking, “Oppa, have you eaten?” she asked.

Her husband pouted and shook his head from behind, although she couldn’t see it. “Paegopta, feed me,” he asked, sounding like a toddler.

She giggled while imagining how cute he looked like, “I’m cooking a new recipe, wanna taste it?” she suggested.

Yunho just merely complied to his spouse as Ji Eun took some of the food with a pair of chopsticks and fed him. She was waiting patiently for the feedback as he closed his eyes, savouring the taste of the tender meat.

“How’s it?” she eagerly asked.

Her husband nodded slightly, “Just add a little bit more salt,” he added.

Ji Eun scrambled to get the salt and added a pinch of it before stirring again. She smiled satisfiedly after that. Yunho just smirked seeing how enthusiastic she was.

“Baby, that’s all you ever do huh?” he complained. “Cooking every meal or trying out new recipes. Aren’t you bored with it?” he asked.

Ji Eun stopped what she was doing and tilted her head in confusion, “W-well… I’m used to it…” she said.

“Eee… my wife is seriously getting fatter nowadays,” he whined, releasing his hug.

“Y-you… don’t like me anymore if I’m fat?” she asked, sounding disappointed.

“A-anniyo, I’m just saying that it’s all you ever do,” he defended himself.

“No, I do other things too. I wash your clothes, tidy up the house and a few more things…” she counted them.

Yunho smiled, she’s going to be a great wife, “But we have maids for that. You don’t want them to quit. Don’t you?” he asked.

Ji Eun turned off the stove and took out a plate to serve the dish. All her movements went slower after hearing what he said.

“I can’t help it… I’m used to doing all this work… the maids and omma don’t mind,” she replied. Her tone wasn’t enthusiastic or cheerful anymore.

Yunho just sighed, he knew it has something to do with her mother… again. He was beginning to wonder how she really treated his wife and why. Ji Eun seemed to have a lot of secrets and she’s keeping it away from him. Everytime he mentioned that, she will instantly turn gloomy.

She was slightly hurt when he mentioned the topic again. She placed the dirty dishes in the sink and headed to the dining room to serve dinner, “You must be tired oppa, why don’t you go get yourself cleaned up. Dinner is almost ready,” she said monotonously.

Yunho nodded and kissed the top of her head before heading upstairs to their room. He didn’t notice a pair of eyes watching them from behind a huge flower pot.

“Aish, pabo Yunho-ah! Why does he have to say that?” Jung Misun grumbled while smacking the back of her husband’s head.

“Yah, it’s Yunho that you’re mad at. Why do you hit me?” Jung Hyundong hissed while rubbing his sore head.

“Like father, like son. Both of you are always oblivious of things. You both just know how to deal with business and shares,” she whined at her husband.

“Well, that’s our field. Besides, since when am I oblivious of things?”

“Always. Yunho here, he doesn’t realize that Ji Eun’s hurt with his words,” she explained to her husband.

“She doesn’t look hurt to me…” he commented.

“Ji Eun’s really good at hiding her feelings. But my mother’s instinct can tell all that,” Misun stated, gazing the figure of her daughter-in-law.

Indeed, Misun was very proud to have a daughter-in-law like Ji Eun. “I can see that she’s happy when she does house chores. It makes her feel like a real wife. And your son is stupid to not see that!” she scolded.

“Well, technically Yunho was facing her back most of the time. So, he couldn’t really see her expression,” Hyundong reasoned, sounding business-like. “Besides, men doesn’t notice these things easily.” He added.

Misun glared at him, stopping him from talking any further, “But I’m sure the understanding and forgiving Ji Eun would just shrug it off. She doesn’t want to make a big deal out of this,” she stated.

“It’s really no big deal you know. You're the one who makes it a big deal,”he commented, earning another smack on his head.

“Err… sir, ma’am what are you doing behind the flower pot?” Suddenly a voice approached their conversation.

It was one of their maids, she saw the couple hiding suspiciously behind the flower pot and decided to ask.

“H-huh? W-w-e’re… I-I’m just.” Misun tried to find an excuse. “What’s this black stain here? Wash it properly,” she pointed to the floor.

“That’s the spaces between tiles ma’am.” The maid stated matter-of-factly.

“Yes wifey, that’s the spaces between tiles. Can’t you see that?” Hyundong nodded in agreement while pointing towards the floor.

“Shut up Jung!” she glared to make him shut up.


“Mr. Jung, CEO Park is here to see you,” Yunho’s secretary informed through the phone as the man mentioned was waiting patiently.

Yunho missed the important meeting last time with Park Industries about their joint venture. But he never regretted being absent on that day, because he got to spend it with his wife. Today, he will properly meet the representative from Park Industries, the CEO himself.

“Send him in.” Yunho replied casually. He stood up from his chair and straightened himself before heading to meet his guest.

“CEO Park, a pleasure to meet you.” He shook Yoochun’s hand and gestured him to sit.

Yoochun smiled in return and took a seat, “Please call me Yoochun, it’s an honour to meet Korea’s top CEO, Yunho-sshi.” He complimented.

“You’re on the list too. I’m sorry on our last meeting. I have… something important to take care of,” he explained while smiling to himself.

“I understand. Don’t worry I’ve settled everything with the Chairman,” Yoochun assured. “I hope we can work together very well in the joint venture between Park Industries and Jung Corp.”

“Hopefully.” Yunho nodded in agreement. “It’s funny how we’re rivals, but we’re working together now.”

“Life is full of unexpected things,”

“By the way, I really think I have to apologise properly. Maybe we can have dinner together?” Yunho suggested.

Yoochun thought for awhile, he doesn’t have much to do anyways, “That would be great.”

“How about tonight? I’m going out with my wife and a friend,” he mentioned.

Yoochun widened his eyes on realization, “Ah, I forgot that you’re married. Am I not disturbing?” he asked.

“Not at all, you could be my friend’s date for tonight,” Yunho suggested. It’s the best plan yet. With Yoochun being Miyoung’s date, she would not disturb him and Ji Eun much.

“I’d be glad to.” He complied.

Yunho smiled, satisfied with himself. He could apologise properly to Yoochun and at the same time try to keep Miyoung away from him. Yoochun smiled, curiously wanting to meet the wife of the great Jung Yunho. But both men didn’t know that something unexpected was waiting for them that night.


Meanwhile, Ji Eun received an unexpected call from her husband that afternoon. Yunho wouldn’t usually call at that time, he usually will be back around dinnertime. She was expecting the call to inform that he’ll be back late again, but it’s not.

“Ji Eun-ah, you don’t have to cook dinner tonight,” that was the first sentence Yunho uttered after he greeted her through the phone.

Ji Eun was taken aback, did he not like her cooking anymore? Did he really mean what he said last night? “But why oppa?” she timidly asked.

“We’ll be going out for dinner tonight. Did you get the dress I sent you?”

“Dress?” as soon as she said that, Jihye came running to her while holding a paperbag.

“Yunho oppa sent you a dress for tonight!” Jihye squealed excitedly.

“I’ll be picking you up after work. Jihye will help you dress up,”

“But why all of a sudden?”

“I’ll explain later. See you tonight baby,” he hung up before she could say another word.

“Hurry up Ji Eun-ah! We have to get you ready by eight. I’m gonna do your hair and make-up!” Jihye exclaimed while pulling Ji Eun upstairs. She had a feeling she’s going to be treated like a dress-up doll by her sister-in-law that day.


As soon as he hung up the call, Yunho immediately dialed another number. He was planning to call that person since he made up with Ji Eun the other day. He wanted to find out more about his wife.

“Hello, Jung Yunho here,” he said.

“How can I help you sir?” the person on the other line asked. He already knew who called.

“I want you to investigate about Jung Ji Eun.” Yunho ordered.

“Your wife sir?” he asked for assurance. The man on the phone was Yunho’s own private investigator, one of the best in the country. “But why?”

“Just do as I say. Find out her past with her parents and inform everything to me immediately.”

“Arasso.” The man nodded in agreement.

“One more thing, this is a secret between us.” Yunho reminded.

“Understood sir.” The man hung up.

Yunho sighed heavily after the call. It’s not that he doesn’t trust his wife, but he needed to know more about her. She’s been so mysterious to him, especially about her past with her parents. He also needs to know about their past, what Lee Sugeun had mentioned to him.

“I’m sorry baby. But this is for you,” he mumbled to himself and vowed to never tell her about it. Yunho couldn’t imagine her reaction if she knew that he hired a private investigator for her. It must be kept a secret, until the time is right.


so many things happening all at once right? hope you can catch up with everything. this chapter might be a little confusing or boring XD just bear with me.

sorry for the late update! patience is virtue~ btw i'll make a longer chapter next time, i already have an idea for it.

bet you guys are wondering what Miyoung is going to do to JiEun right? huhu... wait for it~

updated! hope you enjoy!