Long Lost Family Secrets

Something Called Love...

Jaejoong had a long talk with his mother last night. Kim Hyesun was tight-lipped, but her son managed to dig out the secret that has been buried for almost eighteen years. He of course didn’t remember all of it, he was still an ignorant and playful six year-old at the time it happened.

[Flashback]

“Why are so interested about the past all of a sudden? Let bygones be bygones,” Hyesun asked, wanting to avoid answering the deadly question.

Jaejoong kept following his mother around the kitchen, he wasn’t going to give up until he knows the truth. That single bracelet raised so many questions in his head.

“All my life, I never knew I have another sibling. I have the right to know mum, she’s my family too,” he reasoned, grabbing his mother’s arm to stop her from running away.

“Why?” Hyesun asked.

“Because, I think I’ve found out who is my sister,” he replied.

Hyesun looked up to her son’s face in shock. Did she hear him right? Jaejoong found her long lost daughter? Her little girl? “W-what?” she asked.

“I think. But I need to know what happened in the past to make sure,”

She immediately dragged Jaejoong to the living room. She pulled out a dusty photo album from a locked drawer. One that he didn’t even realize was there in the first place. She sat on the couch with her son beside her, she decided to tell him the truth.

Hyesun flipped open the first page of the album, revealing a picture of her and a man. “This is your father,” she said.

Jaejoong stared intently at the picture. Since little, he never really knew who his father was. He simply thought that he died. They had been separated when he was six, how much could he remember at that time?

“We got married and you were born a year after. We were happy, but everything changed when your father decided to marry another,” she explained while softly running her fingers over the picture.

His eyes widened in shock, “He cheated on you?”

“No, he had to. It was a business deal and they were arranged to marry,” Hyesun explained. “I didn’t mind because your father still treats me the same way and two years later, they had a son.”

“Then, why did you divorce? Who left who?” he asked in disbelieve.

“We never were never divorced. I had to leave because of his second wife,” his mother was calm throughout the explanation.

“You gave up because of his second wife?” Jaejoong was on edge, hearing the story of their past.

“Let’s just say… she didn’t treat me nicely. You were still little to remember all this events,”

“What about my sister?”

“His second wife wanted to kick me out of the house, but she couldn’t when she found out that I was pregnant,” Hyesun stated. “She did kick me out soon after your sister was born,”

“Then why didn’t you bring her along?”

“I left your father, but not the memories and our love. You and your sister reminds us that we will always love each other. It would be selfish for me to take both of you away from him,”

Jaejoong glanced at the photo again. The man that she claimed to be his father looked so familiar, like he’d seen him somewhere. “Mum… is his name… Lee Sugeun?”

Kim Hyesun almost dropped the album in her hands at the shock. She haven’t heard of that name for years and when she did, it came from her son. How did he know his name?

She softly nodded, “But how did you know? Have you met him before?” she asked.

Jaejoong sighed, so it all clicked. All the pieces of the puzzle were put together about guess. If Lee Sugeun is his father, then Ji Eun must be his long lost sister.

“Mum… I think, my sister is Yunho’s wife,” he stated his guess.

Hyesun quickly shook head head in disapproval. “My little girl is married? But she’s still eighteen years old. That’s impossible… what’s her name?” she asked.

“Lee Ji Eun or should I say, Jung Ji Eun now,” Jaejoong confessed.

“How did my daughter Ji Eun got married? Why?”

“She was arranged to marry perhaps from a business deal. But you don’t have to worry mum, she has Yunho for a husband and I can assure you that he loves Ji Eun,” he assured to the worried Hyesun.

Tears fell from Hyesun’s eyes as Jaejoong comforted his mother with a hug. She was shocked to hear about her long lost daughter, but it was twice the shock when she found out that she was married. She never thought that Sugeun would marry his daughter of just for business deal. She felt a hint of anger hearing that.

Jaejoong was processing all the information about his family’s past. Now, he has to find out more about Lee Sugeun. But he wasn’t sure if he should tell Ji Eun about them being siblings. Maybe it’s not the right time yet or maybe, he should tell Yunho first.

[End] 


After a few minutes, Ji Eun had finally calmed down and was now breathing steadily. Her eyes were closed as Yunho thought that she was sleeping. He caressed her cheek while reminiscing what had just happened.

It all seemed surreal. He couldn’t believe that his own childhood friend would do something like that. Killing people is a crime and Miyoung did it without hesitance. Yunho knew that she likes him, but he never thought she would go to that extent and hurt his wife.

He smiled to himself. He remembered how he protested to marry Ji Eun, but in the end he married her anyway. He acted cold towards her, so that she’ll hate him and he could live without having to be married to her. But Lee Ji Eun was different.

Though she is way younger than him, she showed maturity of someone older than her. How patient and forgiving she was as she put up with every single cold acts from him. But her naïve and innocence amused him the most, maybe it’s her charm.

Now, everything changed drastically. He never knew that he would fall in love with her. He tried to push away the feeling when he realized that he’s interested in her, but it kept coming. Deeper than ever, until he realized he’s in love with her. It amazes him at how it all happened.

The one thing that puzzles him the most is the fact she was so secretive. She holds so many secrets an eighteen-year old could even handle. Some of them are even oblivious to her. He needs to investigate more about her past.

“Oppa…” Ji Eun mumbled, waking him up from his trance.

“I’m sorry baby, did I disturb your sleep?” he carefully asked. They were facing each other with their heads resting on the same pillow.

She slowly rubbed her eyes as she adjusted to the surroundings, “What exactly happened? Why am I here?” she asked.

“You fainted, then Jaejoong and Junsu brought you here. The doctor said that you were poisoned, but don’t worry everything’s fine now,” he explained.

“Is it true that Miyoung-shhi poisoned me?” she asked.

Yunho sighed heavily before nodding in approval, “She’s jealous of you,” he simply replied.

Ji Eun stayed silent. She didn’t know how to reply to him. She was shocked to know that fact. Yet deep in her heart, she felt like Miyoung should be forgiven.

“Let’s not talk about that now. How are you feeling?” Yunho asked, changing the topic.

Ji Eun blinked a few times, still feeling sleepy before answering, “My throat feels weird and my stomach feels like it’s been poked with a needle. But, I’m fine now that you’re here,” she ended with a smile.

Yunho chuckled at her adorable explanation. Cuteness has never been one of the traits for his ideal woman, but Ji Eun definitely hooked him with hers. But he felt sorry that she has to go through all this pain because of him. He was glad that she survived.

“Don’t worry the doctor said it’ll go away soon,” he said.

Ji Eun slowly caressed his cheek, tracing her thumb under his yes. He looked so tired, his eyebags almost visible. Yunho closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of her soft palm on his cheek as he smiled.

“Shouldn’t you be in Japan oppa?” she asked worriedly, tilting her head.

“My wife is in the ICU and you asked me about work?” Yunho asked, amused. “You always think about others before yourself. I’m worried about you,”

“Thanks for worrying oppa. I’m glad you’re here,” Ji Eun gazed into his eyes and smiled.

Yunho pouted and raised his eyebrows, acting like he was annoyed. “Just a thank you? Shouldn’t I be rewarded with a kiss?” he requested.

His wife was tongue tied at the sudden request. She has never instigated any kiss between them before and to be honest, she didn’t really know how to properly kiss. Before she could even reply, her husband captured her lips in his.

Yunho gently kissed her, caressing her lips with his. His hands found it’s way around her waist, his right hand rubbing her back gently. He pulled away after feeling her difficulty in breathing. For a second there, he forgot that she had just recovered.

“I’m sorry, are you okay baby?” he asked, checking if she was alright.

Ji Eun’s face was blushing red from lack of oxygen but mostly, from embarrassment. The kiss took her off guard, she wasn’t even ready for it. She slowly nodded, confirming that she was alright.

Yunho sighed in relief, his hand still on her waist. They were lying on their side, facing each other.  “Baby, did you know that omma thinks you’re pregnant?” he asked.

Ji Eun remembered what happened after Yunho left for Japan the other day, “Dae, even Jihye unnie thinks so. They won’t let me do any work after I threw up that day,”

Her husband chuckled, his family can be really dreamy, “They were so disappointed to know that you’re not. I feel guilty all of a sudden,” he said.

“Oh…” was all she replied. Ji Eun didn’t comprehend what he meant. Yunho smirked, her naïveness and innocence were really on a high level. It could be fun to .

“She was very understanding. She said that there’s still a next time for you to get pregnant,” he explained.

“It’s funny though, we haven’t even had our first time, much less our next time…” he teased, and glanced at his wife to see her response.

Ji Eun was blushing, replacing her once pale face. She couldn’t believe he had the guts to say that out loud. She shifted her gaze somewhere else but his face, to embarrassed to say anything. She knew it was an inevitable question, but she wasn’t sure of the answer. She wasn’t ready yet.

Ji Eun opened to say something, but Yunho cut her off by lifting her chin up and kissing her once again. She felt butterflies in her stomach, replacing the needle-poking feeling she had before. He circled both arms around her waist and pulled her closer, her hands were pressed against his muscular chest.

Somehow… it feels right being this close to Yunho oppa.

“Oh My God!! My innocent eyes!” a sudden high-pitched squeal was heard, interrupting ther kiss.

It sounded much like a dolphin voice. Yunho pulled away from the kiss as Ji Eun turned her head, searching for the source of the voice. Her husband sighed heavily. He could tell whose voice was that right away. There’s not another walking dolphin in this world, other than Kim Junsu.


wow~ i can't believe this story has reached it's 35th chapter. now i have 58 subscribers and about 8000++ views. thank you for those who read and subscribe! & i just noticed that this story has  3 FB like... i thank those who liked it! whoever you are <3

now that Miyoung is gone, i have to make Changmin appear soon... right now i'm in a dilemma on where and when to put him... but don't worry the magnae will have his part in this story^^*

thanks for all the support you give me. especially from the comments. it motivates me to write more & give me more ideas, <3 ya guys~ *hugs*

btw, i hope the story is not too dragging or slow^^* enjoy this boring chapter LoL comments are welcomed & loved~