New Crush

Something Called Love...

“Ji Eun-ah, does this look good on me?” Jihye asked as she held up the dress in front of her.

The younger girl just smiled in return. Jihye was going for her weekly shopping and she decided to bring Ji Eun along. There’s nothing for her to do anyways at home. Misun has been quite busy with her fellow friends and Yunho was busy as usual.

“Are you sure you don’t want anything?” Jihye asked her for the hundredth time.

Ji Eun just shook her head in response. “I’m fine.”

“You’re different Ji Eun-ah. Girls your age would be crazy for shopping, but you hardly pay any interest in them,” the older girl commented while she payed.

“I guess I’m just used to it. I won’t buy something unless I really need it,” she replied.

“More people should be like you,” Jihye smiled and brought her out of the boutique. “Shall we have ice cream?” she offered.

They both walked to the nearest ice cream shop in the mall and ordered their treats. As soon as they found a seat, a voice called out Ji Eun’s name. she turned around and saw her best friend waving frantically at her. She smiled and waved back, but froze when she saw who was behind her, it was Changmin.

“Ji Eun-ah, annyong!” the tall boy waved and ran towards the two girls.

“Annyonghaseyo, Changmin-sshi,” Ji Eun stood up and bowed.

Changmin smiled back and turned his attention to the girl beside her, “Oh who is this?”

“It’s Jihye unnie, she’s Yunho-sshi’s younger sister,” Ayumi replied while gasping for air.

“So that means, she’s your sister-in-law?” Changmin guessed as Ji Eun nodded shyly. “Shim Changmin, nice to meet you,” he bowed to Jihye.

“Jung Jihye,” she bowed in return.

“So, what are these two beautiful ladies doing in mall on this fine day?” he asked, starting a conversation as he took a seat next to Jihye.

Ayumi was staring at her cousin, puzzled at his attitude. She too, took a seat next to Ji Eun. “I’m just accompanying unnie go shopping,” Ji Eun decided to answer.

Jihye looked like she was tongue tied to say a word. She just kept staring at Changmin’s face the whole time. Changmin noticed it and gave a charming smile at her. She swooned when she saw his intoxicating mismatched eyes. Ji Eun and Ayumi noticed the two people exchanging glances as Ayumi smirked in delight.

“Ooh, are you guys having ice cream? Can I join too?” Changmin asked as he took the menu and called the waiter. Nobody had the time to answer him as he ordered the ice cream to his liking. “Don’t worry, I’ll treat all of you today,” he offered.

“Really?” Ayumi widened her eyes, sounding skeptical at his statement just now. She knew her cousin well and he wouldn’t treat anyone for a meal unless he wanted to impress someone, a girl in particular.

Their ice creams have arrived and they were chatting about anything in particular. Changmin and Jihye shared the most conversation among them. Ayumi saw the scene and had a lightbulb moment in her mind for a second. As soon as she finished her ice cream she grabbed Ji Eun’s hand and hastily stood up.

“Omo Ji Eun-ah, didn’t you promise me we would go shopping together when I come to Seoul?” Ayumi suddenly blurted out.

Her friend tilted her head to the side in confusion, “I… did?”

“Yes you did! Now come on!” Ayumi frantically nodded. She was trying to find an excuse for the them to leave her cousin and Jihye alone.

“Y-yah!” Changmin called out.

“Sorry, but we really have to go. You guys can hang out together right?” Ayumi suggested and pulled Ji Eun with her.

“I’m fine. What about you Changmin-sshi?” Jihye asked.

“E-eh? I’m… okay,” he reluctantly answered. “What about Ji Eun-ah?”

Everyone turned their attention to Ji Eun who just shrugged her shoulders, still confused of the whole situation. “I’ll send her home later,” Ayumi answered for her.


Before anyone else could say another word, Ayumi dragged Ji Eun away from the two people. “What was that for? I haven’t even finished my ice cream,” she pouted, lifting her ice cream cone and it.

Ayumi just rolled her eyes at her friend’s obliviousness. “They need some alone time. I think Jihye unnie likes my cousin. Don’t you?” she explained.

Ji Eun stopped walking and faced her best friend with widened eyes. “Really?” she asked in disbelieve.

“Aigoo~ I thought being married to Yunho-sshi will reduce your naiveness and innocence even a little bit, but now?” Ayumi sighed as she repeatedly shook her head.

“What was that supposed to mean? Is that a bad thing?” she pouted, still slowly her ice cream. “Well… I do notice them talking a lot to each other,” she tried to defend herself.

“Okay, I’m sorry.  Let’s just leave them alone, it’s better if Changmin oppa tries to hit on Jihye unnie rather than him disturbing you. I’m not ready to see him get admitted in the hospital yet,” Ayumi commented.

Ji Eun suddenly chuckled which made her ask, “What’s so funny?”

“I agree on that part. Yunho oppa can get extremely jealous,” Ji Eun giggled, finishing off her ice cream.

“Speaking of which, how’s your marriage so far?” Ayumi grinned sidely and wiggled her eyebrows at the girl.

“We’re… fine. Why?”

“Just fine? Isn’t there more? Come on Ji Eun-ah, you guys got married without knowing each other, of course I want to know more!”

“Well… oppa has been treating me nicely. You know he’s the first guy that I’m close with right? But somehow, I feel really really comfortable around him, I trust him,”

“He treats you nicely and you trust him. That’s good. Anything else?”

Ji Eun went silent for a while, pondering the question before she replied, “Ah! He… said that… he loves me,” she blushed slightly as she reminisced his confession that day.

“Really? Waa, I’m so happy for you!” she clapped excitedly and hugged Ji Eun tightly in her embrace. “So, did you confess to him back?”

“I… how do you know when you love someone?” she asked. That thought had been wandering in her mind ever since Yunho confessed to her.

“Well, I’m no expert but… you’ll just know it. There’s an unexplainable strong feeling inside of you yet, you’ll feel right about that feeling. I guess that’s when you know you’re in love,” Ayumi answered shrugging her shoulders.

Do I feel that way towards Yunho oppa? I think so… Ji Eun wondered to herself. 


The Jungs were having dinner when Yunho decided to make an announcement. “Omma, appa, I have something to discuss with you,” he informed as everyone at the table payed attention to him.

Jung Hyundong sipped some water before facing his son, “Sure what is it son?”

Yunho smiled and held Ji Eun’s hand in his, “Ji Eun and I…” they exchanged glances for a second.

Before Yunho could even finish his sentence, Misun clapped excitedly, “Omo, is my daughter-in-law finally pregnant?!” she guessed.

Yunho widened his eyes in surprise as Ji Eun blushed, “E-eh? That’s not it omma. We wanted to ask permission from you to move. We figured that we should have a house of our own,” he explained.

Hyundong clasped his hands together and nodded, “Hmm… I do agree with you. It’s not really appropriate anymore for you to live under the same room with us. Both of you need your own privacy,” he agreed.

“I think so too. After all you are a married couple, it’ll be awkward to live with your parents,” Misun added with a smile.

“Where will you live?” she asked.

Ji Eun turned to face Yunho, she didn’t know anything about this matter. “I already bought an apartment. It’s not too far away from here. We can come visit you anytime,” he answered confidently. It looked like he had everything planned out.

“When will you leave oppa?” Jihye who was silent decided to but in.

“Everything is settled. If possible, this weekend?” he answered.

Misun noticed her daughter-in-law who was quite. “What do you think Ji Eun-ah?” she asked.

Ji Eun exchanged glances with everyone at the table, “I just go with what Yunho oppa decided,” he replied as Yunho squeezed her hands in assurance. 


“Ji Eun-ah!!” Jihye ran towards Ji Eun in the kitchen while jumping up and down happily.

“Omo, unnie calm down. What’s wrong?” she asked while squeezing the older girl’s shoulders to calm her down.

“I have a date with Changmin!” Jihye squealed in reply, all the while looking around her if anyone was listening.

“That’s great. You like him unnie?” she asked with raised eyebrows.

Jihye took a deep breath for a while before answering, “Well… I don’t really know him. Maybe I’ll know when I go out with him,”

Ji Eun just gave a small smile and nodded, “You’re not jealous are you?” Jihye asked her.

“Why would I be?”

“He’s your crush remember?”

“I’m married to Yunho oppa remember?”

“Smart girl!”

“Besides, Yunho oppa gets really jealous with Changmin-sshi. If you go out with him, then oppa won’t be so jealous,”

“I could totally see that when you hardly payed attention to him that day. He looks like he’s about to blow up any second!”

“Ehem… did I hear my name being mentioned?” a deep voice suddenly coughed to get the two girls attention.

Before Ji Eun could turn around to look, a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist, “Oppa… we we’re just talking,” she replied.

“Not badmouthing me right?” Yunho whispered in her ear. His wife chuckled as the warm air tickled her ear.

“Definitely not.” Jihye answered for him. “I better leave you two lovebirds alone,” she teased and ran as fast as lightning.

After Jihye left, there was an awkward silence between the young couple. Yunho rested his chin on her head and breathed heavily. “Baby, you’re not mad at me right?”

Ji Eun slowly shook her head, making his chin brushed against her hair. “Anniyo. Waeyo?” she asked.

“You haven’t said a word after I told that we’re moving,” he reasoned. “You don’t like it?”

“No, I’m happy that we’re gonna have a house of our own,” Ji Eun defended and looked up at him with a smile.

Yunho returned the smile while brushing his cheek with hers, “Great. I really can’t wait till we move,” he sighed in content.


 

sorry for the late update. i have a really bad writer's block! i guess this is the longest time i haven't update right? sorry again. i hope you will enjoy this chapter^^*~ *bows*