Harsh Truth

Something Called Love...

Jung yunho arrived at his in-laws house just in time and almost ran over a cat on the way. He immediately ran and furiously rang the doorbell. The door opened revealing one of the housemaids, she was staring at him with a puzzled expression.

“Is Ji Eun here?” Yunho abruptly asked and pushed the door wider as he stepped inside.

“Y-yes, but sir…” Nayoung tried to stop him from going further into the house.

“I’m her husband, Jung Yunho,” he stated as he looked around for any signs of his wife. “Where is she?”

Lee Sugeun and his wife went to the front door when they heard a chaos going on and saw their son-in-law there. Yejin just rolled her eyes, she thought that Ji Eun would probably call Yunho to come and pick her up. Sugeun on the other hand was relieved at Yunho’s presence.

“Yunho! Thank goodness you’re here!” Sugeun walked over to Yunho.

“Dad, where’s Ji Eun?” the son-in-law went over to him and bowed while glaring at Yejin.

“She’s upstairs… in her room…” the father replied, pointing at the door to Ji Eun’s room. Before Yunho could even move, Sugeun stopped him. “But Yunho-ah… there’s a problem…”

“What problem dad? Is she sick? Injured?” Yunho anxiously asked, staring into his eyes.

“You see… she knew that Yejin is not her real mother. My wife is not Ji Eun’s biological mother Yunho-ah…” Sugeun confessed the truth to his son-in-law.

Yunho stood frozen for a few seconds while his brain was trying to process what had just happened. His heart started to beat rapidly when he relaised the truth. This was what he was afraid of, Ji Eun knowing the secret from someone else but not him.

“H-how? Did she…”

“I was talking with my wife and she overheard the conversation,”

Yunho immediately charged towards Yejin with a furious look on his face. “You! What have you done to my wife huh?!” he yelled in her face.

Yunho almost got a hold of Yejin's collar when Sugeun stopped him. “That’s not important. I’m worried about Ji Eun Yunho-ah… she’s been crying in her room for hours. I think you’re the best person to comfort her now,”

Without even replying, Yunho ran upstairs to his wife’s bedroom as directed by his father-in-law. He was a few steps away from the door and he could already hear the sound of Ji Eun crying. He approached the door and knocked on it.

“Go away! I don’t want to talk to anyone right now!” Ji Eun yelled in between her sobs.

“Baby… it’s me. Oppa is here, please open the door…” Yunho spoke softly, pleading her to open the door.

In just a few seconds a click sound was heard as Ji Eun pulled Yunho inside her room. She locked the door again and immediately buried herself in his chest. He was shocked, but eventually wrapped his arms around her to comfort her. Tears were pouring nonstop from her eyes, the sight almost made Yunho’s heart break into pieces.

Oh god… why did I let this happen! He mentally scolded himself.

“That’s okay baby, I’m here now,” Yunho rubbed her back and kissed her hair softly.

Ji Eun didn’t respond but she just let all her feelings out. All the hurt and sorrow she felt by the lies she just discovered. She trusted her father, but she felt like she was betrayed, especially when Yejin never once treated her nicely.

She was hoping for Yunho to come, but knowing that he’s in Japan would make it impossible. The sudden presence of her husband shocked her, but she was really thankful that he was there. She really needed him right then.

After a few minutes of standing while hugging each other, Yunho decided for them to take a seat. “Ji Eun-ah, maybe we should sit now. You must be tired,” he said and pulled her to sit on the couch in the room.

Yunho was still hugging her as he decided that it was time for him to speak. “Feeling better now?” he asked.

Ji Eun just slowly shook her head that was still buried in his chest. “No, I still can’t believe dad lied to me, for nineteen years!” she mumbled, sounding hurt and sad.

“I know it’s hard… but maybe dad has his own reasons why?” Yunho tried to reason with her.

“What hurts me the most is the fact that I still respect mum although she’s been treating me badly since birth,” Ji Eun confessed hurtfully. “Now I know why, she was never my mother in the first place!”

“I’ve always been wondering why she always treat me that way. It hurts so much oppa…” she sobbed.

Yunho kissed and gently her hair. “I’m sorry you had to go through this baby… but I promise that will never happen again,” he comforted.

“Promise?” Ji Eun unconsciously released her cute side to him, it’s like an automatic reaction.

“I promise, you won’t have to see her anymore. We live on our own now right?”

“Arasso… but it still hurts…” she pulled away from his hug to look into his face.

Yunho wiped away her tears and cupped her face in his palms. He leaned closer and gently kissed her lips, staying like that for a few seconds. When he pulled away, he saw Ji Eun blushing. She must be feeling at least a little bit better now.

“Better now?” he asked with a smile.

Ji Eun slight nodded shyly as Yunho smirked. “See? My kiss always makes you feel better,” he stated proudly.

Ji Eun turned around, her back facing him as she blushed in embarrassment. Her husband knew she would react that way and wrapped his arms around her from behind. “Oppa… I want to go home…” she requested.

“It’s already late baby… besides, I’m so exhausted. I drove here as soon as I arrived from Japan,” Yunho reasoned, resting his chin on her shoulder.

Ji Eun pouted, she really wanted to be away from there for a while. “B-but…”

“I also think you have a fever. We’ll go back home tomorrow ok?” Yunho placed his palm on her forehead to check.

“I’ll be fine when we get back home…” she insisted, pulling his hand away from her forehead.

Yunho finally noticed her bandaged hands and brought it closer to his face to examine them. “What happened? Did Yejin do this to you?!” he asked, sounding much like he was mad.

“It’s my own clumsiness. It happened at our home, I was cutting veggies and accidentally cut my finger,” she explained.

“But why are they all bandaged?” he asked, examining them much closer until she winced.

“I accidentally knocked over a mug on my way to the sink and fell on the broken glasses…” she confessed.

“Is it… because of me? You should be more careful baby, I could never forgive myself if anything bad happens to you,” Yunho mumbled guiltily, caressing her cheeks gently.

Ji Eun lowered her head, feeling bad for making him worry about her. “I’m sorry… I should be more understanding. You’re very busy and I should be aware of that…”

“No… actually it’s my fault. I shouldn’t leave you so suddenly like that,” Yunho shook his head. “You should rest, you’re sick,”

Yunho pulled her up and gently laid her down on the bed. When he wanted to join beside her, she pushed him away. “Waeyo?” he asked, disappointed.

“This is a punishment for you! Besides, this is a single bed you can’t fit here,” Ji Eun punished him while sticking out her tongue at him.

“Y-yah! Then where am I supposed to sleep?” Yunho exclaimed.

Ji Eun just pointed to the couch at one end of the room and smiled cheekily at him. Yunho pouted and showed her his cutest puppy eyes so that she will let him sleep on the bed. But she shook her head and pulled the covers over her before going to sleep.

 **

Yunho decided to call Jaejoong once he was sure that Ji Eun had fallen asleep.

“Found her?” was the first ting Jaejoong asked.

“Yes… but she knew Jaejoong-ah,”

“Knew what?”

“She overheard her parents talking about Yejin nio being her real mother,” Yunho revealed. “And she didn’t take it too good…”

“What do you expect? She’s been stressed about you leaving her alone and now this? Poor Ji Eun…”

“She’s stressed about me leaving? But I thought she’d be fine,”

“Then why do you think she injured her hands? By her own clumsiness?” Jaejoong scolded his brother-in-law.

“You broke your promise with her and made her wait for hours. You left her alone at home only to receive a call telling that you’re heading to Japan. She called you, but you’re always busy and didn’t have time to talk to her. You promised to call her, but you didn’t. Ji Eun ended up calling you, but you didn’t pick up her call for the whole day,” Jaejoong listed what stressed Ji Eun out.

“She… I did that?” Yunho was struck with a realization.

“That’s why she went to her parents because she felt lonely and scared at home. What kind of husband are you Yunho-ah?!” Jaejoong literally yelled through the phone.

“Look, I’m sorry okay? I’ll make it up to her…”

“Don’t apologise to me! You better make it up to her or you’ll get it from me,” Jaejoong warned, being a more overprotective brother than Yunho.

“Arasso…” Yunho agreed. Aigoo~ what have I done? What should I do now?

“Do you even know you left for Japan on Ji Eun’s 19th birthday?” Jaejoong remembered to ask.

“It w-was her birthday? I must’ve forgotten about it!” Yunho smacked his own forehead as he remembered when he asked his P.I. to investigate about his wife.

“Aish, yah! You better smack you own head right now, cause I really wanna hit you badly,” Jaejoong made a fist as he gritted his teeth. “I told you to take good care of her, she’s my sister!”

Before Yunho’s eardrums malfunction from Jaejoong’s ear-splitting yells, Yunho hung up on him. He stared at the figure of his wife sleeping soundly on the bed. She looked so exhausted after a long and hurtful day. Ji Eun must be stressed out a lot that week.

“That’s why you didn’t want to sleep on the same bed with me? You’re mad at me right?” Yunho asked as he caressed her cheek.

Yunho gently kissed her forehead. “I’m sorry… but I still love you baby,”


The next morning, Ji Eun surprisingly woke up in Yunho’s arms. She pouted and lightly hit his forehead, no wonder she felt as if the bed is extra warm.

“Oppa…”

“Morning baby…” Yunho mumbled half asleep with his eyes still closed. “Sorry… the couch is uncomfortable and the bed is big enough for the both of us. I just have to hold you close to me all night,” he reasoned.

“Nevermind…” Ji Eun mumbled with no strength in her voice.

Yunho opened his eyes, quite curious of her behaviour. She would usually get mad if he disobeys that type of orders from her, but that morning she seemed not energetic at all. He touched her forehead and neck to check her temperature.

“Ji Eun-ah, you’re burning up,” he said worriedly.

“Oppa… I’ve been thinking…” Ji Eun mumbled sadly.

“Ne?”

“If Lee Yejin is not my mother, who is my real mother then? And why is dad keeping this a secret from me?” she asked, looking hopefully into Yunho’s eyes.

Yunho brought his face at the same level as her and gently her hair. “You think too much about this, it’s making you sick,”

“But I can’t help but think about it…” she started to sob. “Why oppa?”

“Baby…” Yunho pulled her into a hug. “Please don’t be like this. Haven’t I told you to not think about this for a while? Promise okay?”

“A-arasso…”

“Good. Come on, I think we should get back home now. You’re gonna keep thinking about that if we stay here,” Yunho stood up from the bed as he packed her things.

 **

“Dad, we have to leave now,” Yunho bowed to his father-in-law while Yejin was out of sight.

“Sweety, I’m really sorry…” Sugeun apologized to his daughter.

“I don’t really want to talk about this now daddy…” Ji Eun confessed as she gave him a hug and a bow.

“You okay?” Yunho asked as soon as they got into the car.

“I guess…”

here's the next update! but i think this update is a little messed up... LoL classes are starting real soon for me, so i hope to update the best i can. please enjoy this chapter, although it might be a little bit boring XD

thank you for all the subscribers! <3 thanks for those who read this story, silent or non-silent readers. thanks for those who commented because they helped me to update more and give ideas too~ ^^* Love you guys~!