Matters of The Heart

Something Called Love...

Kim Hyesun woke up from the delicious smell wafting from the kitchen. She would usually cook breakfast for the both of them, but the cooking smell was unfamiliar to her. Slowly descending the stairs, she caught a glimpse of her daughter in the kitchen, happily humming to a song while cooking. The mother smiled and approached the young girl.

“Good Morning Ji Eun-ah…” she greeted while scanning the menu on the kitchen counter.

The voice startled the young cook as she abruptly turned around at the sound. She smiled awkwardly and replied the greeting while slightly bowing. “M-morning m-mommy…”

Hyesun could sense the awkwardness Ji Eun felt around her. She felt slightly disappointed, but the feeling was inevitable. Ji Eun have all the rights to feel awkward around her. She has never met her mother in her life and being accepted that quick from her long lost daughter was the best thing that could ever happen. She expected that Ji Eun would be mad at her for leaving, but she has a very kind and forgiving heart. It really showed that her husband has been taking good care of their daughter.

“That’s ok sweety, don’t be shy,” she said, giving a motherly smile.

Ji Eun felt her heart fluttered by that smile, tears felt like b in her eyes after longing such motherly act for so long. “I hope you don’t mind me cooking… I’m just used to it,” she bit her lip, slowly serving their breakfast.

“Yunho is lucky to have you as a wife. I’m proud of you Ji Eun-ah…” Hyesun patted the girl’s hands. “Your father really did take good care of you. You’re more than I imagined you would be. You have a good personality and good skills too. Did he train you to be a good housewife?” the mother joked.

Ji Eun shyly chuckled, blushing at the compliment. But she decided to keep quiet about the housewife training. “Daddy has been a great father and mother to me. I’m sure he still loves you mommy…” she stated, the one thing that’s been running through Hyesun’s mind.

“You think? I mean… I left him, ran way when he tried to find me… will he forgive me?” Hyesun asked, uncertainity was clear in her voice.

“From what I know… dad never stopped looking for you and oppa and he always prays for our family to be reunited again. He tried his best and I’m thankful for what he had done… I don’t even think he’s mad at you in the first place,”

“You sound so forgiving… just like your father…” the mother smiled proudly, hearing thoughtful words coming from her young daughter.

Ji Eun sounded like an experienced person to be able to say those words. That made Hyesun wonder how much difficulties the young girl has gone through in her life. She looked mature, tough and optimistic despite her age. Experience has probably matured her, not to mention that she is married.

“Is Yunho okay with you staying here?” she asked.

A smile crept up Ji Eun’s lips upon hearing that name. She made a mental note to thank her husband for being understanding and thoughtful by letting her spend the night there. Hyesun noticed the content smile on her face and felt at ease. That must mean that their marriage is doing fine.

“I’m a little worried, but he’ll be fine. I was thinking of paying him a visit at his office later,” Ji Eun grinned widely, imagining her idea.

“You can come with me later then,” Jaejoong interrupted the mother-daugther conversation as he sat down at the table.

“Morning oppa!” Ji Eun smiled brightly, placing a perfectly made breakfast in front of him.

“Seriously, I think Yunho is acting like a baby in front of you Ji Eun-ah. He looks… spoiled. What have you done to him?” he chuckled, shaking his head at the thought of how much his best friend changed.

“E-eh? I spoiled him? B-but… I don’t know what you mean…” Ji Eun looked confused and a little horrified at the comment.

“Aigoo~ so cute…” Jaejoong ruffled hi sister’s hair. He never imagined to have a sister and Ji Eun is the best sister anyone could ever get.


 

 “You know where’s Yunho’s office right? I have to for a meeting now,” Jaejoong asked his sister for the hundredth time that morning as soon as they arrived at the entrance of Jungs Corp.

Ji Eun smiled and nodded, holding tightly to the food container she prepared for her husband. They bid goodbye as Ji Eun stepped through the door to her husband’s company. It’s the second time she visited that place, yet she could feel a different atmosphere around her. Everyone who passed by her was staring at her.

“Morning Mrs. Jung!” a worker bowed in greeting at her as she returned the gesture.

Ji Eun kept walking, trying hard to ignore all the stares she was receiving that morning. She was starting to get umcomfortable with the attention. Even the guards at the door addressed her as Mrs. Jung. Those people weren’t staring at her weirdly, but rather in politeness and respect. Did something happen the last time she visited the company?

As soon as she stepped inside the elevator, all the occupants bowed and wished good morning to her. She shyly and awkwardly replied them. They even offered to carry the food container. She wasn’t used to all the attention and immediately stepped outside upon arriving at the 20th floor.

Ji Eun passed by Yunho’s secretary’s desk on her way to his office. “Morning Mrs. Jung,” Taeyeon bowed with a smile.

“A-ah… d-dae,” she bowed back. Out of all the workers in the building, she only recognized the secretary.

“Erm… did something happened? Everyone was greeting and bowing to me all the way here,” she timidly asked, checking her appearance for anything.

Taeyeon chuckled before replying, “You really are innocent as claimed by CEO Jung. Everyone recognized you, CEO Jung made sure that everyone does,”

“Huh? Oppa did that? Oh well… is he inside?” Ji Eun asked, pointing to the door od Yunho’s office.

“Yes, he arrived quite late today though,” Taeyeon nodded, gesturing Ji Eun to the door.

Ji Eun slowly turned the doorknob, peeking inside for her husband. He was busy on his paperwork to even notice the door opening. She stepped inside without making a sound, trying to surprise him. She placed the food quietly on the coffee table and approached Yunho from behind.

“Oppa!” she exclaimed, cupping both her palms on his eyes from behind.

Yunho jumped slightly from the shock as a wide smile crept up his lips. He took both her hands in his and kissed it. He smirked as he imagined Ji Eun blushing. “Are you blushing?” he asked.

“A-anniyo~!” the wife yelped, shaking her head furiously.

“Morning baby. What brings you here?” Yunho tunred around to face his wife.

“You don’t miss me?” she asked, pouting.

“Hmm… not really…” Yunho rubbed his chin and playfully shook his head.

Ji Eun’s pout turned into a disappointed look. “Oh well… I did. A lot…” she mumbled to herself.

Yunho smiled as he pulled her to sit on his lap. He cupped one hand on her cheek and kissed her tenderly. Ji Eun slowly closed her eyes, accepting the sweet kiss. After a few seconds, he pulled away while caressing her cheek lovingly.

“Me too… a whole lot,” Yunho whispered in her ear.

Ji Eun’s eyes twinkled in excitement. “Really?”

“But you only spent a night there. So… not really,”

“Oppa!”

“Mian… just kidding,” he chuckled. “I smell something delicious…”

“I brought something for you. It’s almost lunch right?” Ji Eun jumped from his lap and headed to the coffee table while dragging her husband with her.

“Great! I haven’t had breakfast yet either,” Yunho stated, taking a seat in front of the food.

“Huh? Oppa, I already told you not to skip a meal,” Ji Eun whined, worried about him. She knew this would happen.

“I woke up late and didn’t have time for breakfast because I was already late for work…” he explained, scratching the back of his head.

“Aish, Jaejoong oppa is right. You’re such a baby…” Ji Eun rolled her eyes.

“Huh? Jae said what?” he repeated. “But I can’t eat now… I have a meeting. I promise I will eat after that,”

“But oppa…” Ji Eun tried to reason with him.

Yunho just replied with an apologetic look as he reached for his files. “I promise it won’t be long. You can take a loook around the building. The staff will gladly help you,”

And he left before Ji Eun could even say anything. She sighed heavily while observing the large office. Then she remembered that her guardian angels were working on that building.

Ji Eun left after asking Taeyeon for the direction. On her way, she accidentally bumped into a woman. They both fell on their bottoms with a loud thud. “Ouch! Yah, watch where you’re going!” the woman yelped, startling her.

“I’m sorry…” Ji Eun bowed apologetically, trying to get herself up.

The woman used the sitting Ji Eun as a tool to help herself up, not even bothering to lend a hand to the young girl.

“Aish, what is a school girl doing in this building?!” the woman complained, mainly to herself, but it was loud enough for Ji Eun to hear.

Ji Eun apologized and bowed again as the woman left. A few staff who saw the incident helped her up on her feet. “Are you okay Mrs. Jung?” a male staff asked.

Ji Eun smiled in return, bowing to the staff. “Thanks. I’m fine,”

“Aish, she should’ve at least apologized…” a female staff commented, glaring at the rude woman earlier.

Ji Eun just shrugged the incident and continued her walk towards Junsu’s room. She felt a slight pain in her ankles, probably from the fall. She knocked on Junsu’s door and stepped inside even before hearing a reply since Junsu was expecting her. She quickly took a seat and rubbed her sore ankles.

“Kwenchana baby kitty Ji Eun-ah?” Junsu took a seat beside her, calling her with the nickname.

The young girl replied with a small smile. “I’m fine. It’s nothing…”

“You hurt your ankle… how?” the guardian angel immediately acted.

“I bumped to someone on the way. It’s no biggie…” she assured him.

Junsu went to the fridge in his office and took out a bag of ice and placed it to her ankle. “This should do the trick,” he said, concerned. “Hyung would scold me if he saw you like this,”

“Oppa… do I really look like a school girl?” Ji Eun suddenly asked. “I mean I know I just finished school, but I’m already married and I already turned 19,”

Junsu went silent at her sudden question. He watched Ji Eun stare at her own expression on his office glass walls while examining her clothes and hair. She pouted after staring at herself for a few seconds.

“I never thought of you that way. W-why do you think so?” he asked, curious to hear more.

“Kang Miyoung said that to me long ago. She even told me that I’m no match to Yunho oppa’s ex. She very beautiful and all… I guess,” she mumbled the last sentence to herself, feeling disappointed. “Even the lady who bumped into me called me that,”

“You’re way mature that Miyoung and that stranger woman. Looks doesn’t mean much Ji Eun-ah, it’s your heart that matters. Besides, Yunho hyung loves you for who you are,” Junsu reasoned, being extra careful with his words.

“That’s pretty impressive coming from you oppa,” Ji Eun chuckled. She never imagined to hear such words from the dolphin guardian angel.


 

“Excuse me, is Jung Yunho in?” a tall women in large sunglasses asked Taeyeon.

The secretary stared at the women from head to toe. She looked very familiar to her. The women wore branded and stylish clothings and there was a gift in her right hand. She tried to examine her features when the woman cleared .

“Well, CEO Jung has a meeting right now. Maybe I can leave a message?” Taeyeon replied.

“Well, I’ll just wait for him inside,” the woman informed, casually walking towards the door to Yunho’s office.

“Miss wait! You aren’t allowed to enter without permission!” Taeyeon yelled, stopping her from entering.

“Your boss will give permission once he see me. So if you don’t want to lose your job, don’t mess with me. You odn’t know who I am,” she informed strictly before disappearing into the office.

An hour later, Yunho walked towards his office in a hurry after he finished his meeting. He was worried since he left his wife alone in the room longer than he expected. Taeyeon tried to tell him about the uninvited guest in his office, but he walked too fast and already entered the door.

“Baby, I’m sorry I took so long. There was…” Yunho abruptly stopped in middle of his sentence after seeing the person in front of him.

 “That’s ok, though I was waiting for so long. Are you really calling me baby?” Park Soojin asked in amusement.

“What are you doing here?” he asked, noticing that his wife was not inside.

Indeed, Park Soojin, Yunho’s ex-girlfriend was standing in front of him. They haven’t met for almost two years and the last time they locked eyes was in Tokyo two weeks before. He sudden appearance in his office was really shocking and he was wondering where did his wife go.

Soojin held out the gift in her hands. “Happy belated birthday! Surprised that I still remember huh?” she exclaimed, smiling brightly.

But no smile was present in Yunho’s expression. He just stared at Soojin with an unreadable expression on his face. He didn’t even glance at the gift. “How did you get inside?”

“Yun… are you still mad at me for what happened?” Soojin sighed as she placed the gift on his table.

“I don’t think of the past anymore. I just want to focus on my future,”

“At least let me explain what really happened. I think you misunderstood things…” she tried to reason with him and walked closer.

“Misunderstood? I think I completely understand why you left. You wanted to pursue your career further and our relationship was standing in your way isn’t it?” Yunho retorted, slowly backing away from her.

“I left… but I always thought of coming back. I didn’t have the heart to say goodbye or even write a letter to you. I vowed myself to comeback… but you didn’t wait,” she gazed into his eyes, asking for some sympathy.

“At least tell me what’s going on! You left me hanging… I waited for you! I waited for you until I lost hope. You don’t know how long did it take me to get back on my feet!” Yunho suddenly snapped.

All the anger he kept about their breakup burst out with just one sentence. He was breathing heavily as memories of their past came flooding into his mind. Soojin noticed the raging anger from him and slowly approached him. She knew him too well, he’s a short-tempered person. 

Soojin wrapped her arms around him, hugging him for the first time since their breakup. She missed hugging him, but the person above her was having mixed feelings right then. He was sure he didn’t have anymore feelings for Soojin, but there was some unexplainable comfort in his heart when she hugged him. It felt like the old times.

“I needed time to settle down. Once my career is stable, then we could come back together again. I’m sorry for not contacting and making you worry… I’m sorry if you’re hurting…” she apologized, rubbing his back to calm him down.

Yunho’s tensed muscles relaxed from her touch. She still remembered how to calm him down. Hearing her soft voice and being in her warm hugs made him remember their good times together. If she didn’t leave, they would probably still be together.

As he was about to return the hug, a picture of his wife flashed in his mind. He forgot about ji Eun for a second there. What would she think if she see him in this situation?

“Sorry doesn’t really mean much now. I waited for you long enough and now, I’m done waiting,” he pulled away from the hug instead.

“What should I do to make it up to you? Please Yun… at least give me another chance. Maybe we can get back together like how we used to be,” she tried to lock gaze with him, hands still tightly holding onto his.

“It’s too late… you should come back a year ago,” he replied, feeling a regret himself.

“But I still love you! Don’t you have even the slightest feeling left for me? After all that we’ve gone through…”

“I loved you alright… but now I’m married…” Yunho confessed with a slight disappointment in his voice.

“Liar! You just keep telling me that you’re married because you don’t want me to come back right? You’re not married right?!” Soojin shook his shoulders, frantically asking him for answer.

“I’m sorry…” he mumbled while lifting his right hand up, showing his wedding band. “But I really am married. Go ask everyone in the building if you don’t believe me,”

“B-but… that’s impossible! How did you find love that quick?!”

“I didn’t find love… love came to me when I least expected. But I’m thankful, because she came to me when I really needed her…” Yunho smiled to himself, feeling a warmth of happiness inside him.

Soojin felt jealousy in her heart, hearing the words coming from him. It’s true she never meant to leave him, she always wanted to get back with him. But her hunger for popularity and wealth blinded her from the love she used to have from him. 

here's the chapter after my 2 weeks hiatus XP please don't get mad at me... i only get to sit in front of my lappy on weekends and i don't really have much time to write.but i really wanted to... so here's the latest chapter from what i had in mind in these couple of days.

more drama's and twists are coming for this fic, so i hope you guys will stick with me along the way. i will try to give the best of me to write this story. hope you guys will enjoy it! will probably update once a week. busy2 me...XP thank you all<3