The Wife's Worries

Something Called Love...

That day was Ji Eun’s last day in school. Though she had been waiting to end schooling as soon as possible, she couldn’t help but to feel scared. She was scared of a lot of things. Life out there is different than the ones she would have experienced in school. She will meet new people, experience new things and possibly new feelings? Ji Eun wasn’t sure if she was ready to face the world out there. Alone. Or maybe not.

Six months passed by quickly for her as she didn’t realize that the day when she will meet her spouse was drawing closer and closer. Ji Eun was always feeling uneasy and restless each time she saw the ring on her finger. A whole new world was about to start for her.

“Dad…” Ji Eun approached her father on one fine evening. She sat beside him on the swing.

“Yes Ji Eun-ah.” Sugeun greeted with a smile. He noticed the look on his daughter’s face and asked, “Why the long face sweety?”

“… I’m nervous… about this.” She pouted and leaned on her father’s shoulder.

Sugeun smiled wider, “Let me guess. Nervous about your marriage?” he asked.

Ji Eun nodded like a child as he chuckled. “Aigoo~ Mrs. Jung Yunho is nervous to meet her husband. Am I right?” Sugeun teased while nudging his daughter with his elbow.

Ji Eun gasped and blushed as she whined. “Dad! T-that’s not it… I-I was just-”

“Kwenchana Ji Eun-ah, I know you will do fine.” Sugeun her hair lovingly.

“B-But… what if he doesn’t like me?” Ji Eun voiced out her worries.

“Jung Yunho would be a fool if he doesn’t like my daughter. You’re a special girl Ji Eun-ah.” Sugeun commented, comforting his daughter.

Ji Eun puffed out her cheeks at that statement as her dad added, “See? Who could resist such a cute face?” he pinched her cheeks gently.

She blushed redder at the compliment as she tried to hide her face in embarrassment.

“Lee Ji Eun!” Yejin’s sudden yelling made Ji Eun jumped in her seat. “Have you finished packing yet? What is all that mess in your room?”

“I-I was just… d-doing it.” Ji Eun stuttered and slowly stood up. Truth was, she got tired from packing up and tidying her room so she took a rest.

“Go clean up that mess now! Oh, and go make me some coffee.” Yejin ordered as Ji Eun bowed and went to do as told.

Sugeun sighed heavily at his wife’s attitude towards Ji Eun, “Why do you always have to treat her like that? She’s not a maid you know.”

“Just because we’re rich doesn’t mean she has to be treated like a princess! Besides, you know why.” Yejin defended herself.

“Still that excuse? She’s all grown up now, would you just forget that?” Sugeun questioned as Yejin left, not wanting to hear more babbles from him.


[Ji Eun’s POV]

Now, I’m on my way to Seoul to officially meet my husband and live there. My dad looked a bit sad when he sent me off from the airport, but my mom was grinning from ear to ear and waving happily. I’ll miss my family for sure.

“Ji Eun-ah, take good care of yourself okay? Call me if you need anything.” Dad reminded and hugged me. I nodded and assured him that I’ll be fine.

“Ji Eun-ah, wait!” I heard a voice calling out my name as I turned around.

It was Ayumi, she came to bid me goodbye. “You’re not leaving without a hug.” Ayumi smiled and extended her arms for a hug.

I hugged her as I felt tears welding up in my eyes. She broke off the hug and wiped off my tears. “Hey, don’t cry. We’ll still keep in touch Mrs. Jung.” She teased me and chuckled. A new journey was about to start for me.


I fell asleep a few hours after I boarded the plane as I drift off to dreamland. I was walking towards a mansion surrounded by beautiful gardens. A lady dressed as a maid gestured me towards the huge doors.

“Young Master Yunho is waiting for you.” She bowed at me.

I smiled and nodded as I nervously turned the doorknob. My heart was beating at a thousand times a minute as I stepped inside the doors. It was pitch black in there, I could see nothing as my arm was desperately trying to find any light switch when somebody grab hold of my hand. The stranger’s hands were warm and his touch was gentle.

He pulled me into an embrace as he whispered something in my ear. “Welcome chagiya…”

I felt myself melting at his deep soothing voice. Being in his warm embrace didn’t help either.

Then suddenly the lights as we broke away from the hug. I had to cover my mouth with my hand to prevent myself from screaming at the sight before me.

“Y-you’re… Y-Yunho?” I pointed at his face while backing away from him.

"Yes baby..." He nodded softly while smiling, showing his broken teeth filled with plaque.

B-broken teeth? P-plaque? Is this the real Jung Yunho? He wasn’t like any of you could ever imagine. Yes he was tall, but he also looked like an oversized McDonald’s mascot. He has red hair and wore clown shoes. I couldn't tell you how much I despised clowns. Those shoes came closer and closer to my view as ‘Yunho’ walked over to me, ready to give me another hug.

"G-get away f-from me!" I tried to push him away as he walked closer and closer.

"Come here, don't be shy princess..." he smiled slyly at me. This is a nightmare!

-

“Ahh!!” I yelped, flailing my arms as I woke up in shock.

Everyone in the plane was giving me weird looks as a stewardess asked me if I was okay. I nodded in response and calmed myself. Whew, thank goodness it was just a dream. I could never imagine how I would react if it was real.

I couldn’t really get much sleep after that dream. It seemed so real. It seemed like a living nightmare for me. My mind was too occupied about my first encounter with him. This got me worried than i already did.

How would it turn out?


next chapter! enjoy~! ^^*

thanx for those who read & the ones who subscribed! <3

hopefully they will meet soon~ any questions? ask me^^*