Prank Gone Wrong

Something Called Love...

For Yunho work took priority over marriage. Ji Eun was sitting alone by herself, thinking and staring into particularly nothing. She was starting to have different thoughts as to why Yunho avoided spending time with her. Maybe the reasons were probably because he didn’t like her and wanted to stay away from her? His cold acts towards her seemed to lead that way.

It wouldn’t surprise her if that was the reason. She would probably never match his ideal girl. Who is she to compare with the mighty Jung Yunho? Ji Eun chuckled to herself, remembering how everyone believed their little happy couple act. But she had to admit, his acting seemed… realistic.

Ji Eun saw daisies from afar and approached it. She was taking a stroll at the garden in the backyard. She plucked one for herself, admiring it’s beauty. Not long after, she plucked the petals of the flower in a rhythm.

“He likes me, he likes me not, he likes me, he likes me not…”

Ji Eun already finished half of the flower and paused. Where would it end? He likes her, or he likes her not? The simple act turned into a serious one, as she was anticipating the answer. One by one by one, the petals fall gracefully on the grass as she kept humming the rythym, waiting for the final result.

“He likes me, he likes me not, he likes me, he likes me not…”

“Ji Eun my dear, what are you doing here alone?” Misun’s voice stopping her from continuing further.

Ji Eun turned around, facing her mother-in-law with a smile. “I was just… taking some fresh air.”

“My poor Ji Eun, it must be lonely right? Yunho should be punished! How could he leave his wife alone at home? Especially when both of you just met!” Misun sighed, taking a mental note to lecture Yunho about taking care of his wife.

Ji Eun smiled again, holding gently onto Misun’s hand. “Kwenchana omma. Please don’t blame Yunho oppa. He can’t neglect other responsibilities because of me.”

Misun’s anger subsidized when she heard her daughter-in-law’s calm and gentle voice. “You are very understanding Ji Eun-ah. But honey, you’re Yunho’s responsibility too. In fact you should be more important than anything else for him.”

It’s true that she is Yunho’s responsibility. But she was starting to think, is she more important than anything else for Yunho? She wasn’t sure of the answer, but the main thing right then was to obey him and to never make him mad again.

She was really frightened when Yunho scolded in the morning incident. To prevent that from happening is to avoid Yunho. But was she doing the right thing?

“Ji Eun-ah?” Misun waved in front of her, waking her up from a trance. “Your mother told me that you are a really good cook.” She changed the topic.

“I can cook, but I’m not a pro. I love to bake too.” Ji Eun nodded.

“Ahh, well then why don’t you bake a cake? I really want to taste your cooking. I’m sure we have all the ingredients.”

“Arasso. What cake do you want omma?” Ji Eun pulled Misun inside, letting the daisy fall from her hand.

She completely forgot about her little game with the petals. Unfortunately, she didn’t realize that there’s only a single petal left. The last one, which would determine her guess. Though it’s just a game, it could probably be a start for their relationship.


Jung Yunho just finished his last agenda on his work schedule and was now on his way home. Yunho’s mind was occupied with Ji Eun’s cold attitude towards him that morning. She was obedient, yet it seemed like she was trying to avoid him. What made her change drastically? What could have gone wrong with his plan? Was it their plan or was it something else?

Usually, he wouldn’t be enthusiastic about going home. He would just change, eat, watch TV and then sleep. But this time, he even cursed the traffic lights along his way home and stepped on the gas pedal harder for a few times. But of course, all these things were oblivious to him.

*** 

Yunho arrived safely home after almost running over a cat in front of his own house. He stepped inside, not even bothering to go and change as he searched for one person in particular. His spouse.

At last, he found her. He followed a strong scent coming from the kitchen and saw her, clad in a pink apron and oven mitts. She appeared to be baking something, something delicious that is.

A maid that just entered the kitchen saw him and was about to greet him when he stopped her. He made a few actions behind Ji Eun’s back, signaling for the maid to keep quiet and leave slowly. The maid nodded and grinned at Yunho’s behaviour as she left the couple alone.

Ji Eun on the other hand, was busy with the ingredients to bake a cake. Jung Misun requested for her to bake a blueberry cheesecake, purposely hiding the info that it is Yunho’s favourite cake.

Yunho had to close his mouth with his hands to prevent himself from bursting into laughter. He was ready to attack his wife from behind. Yunho caught her waist with his left arm while his right arm went to cover her eyes at once.

“Gotcha! Don’t move or I’ll kill you!” Yunho joked in a warning tone. He even changed his voice tone to a high one to prevent from being recognized.

“W-what? P-please sir… d-don’t kill me…” Ji Eun gasped in shock, pleading so that he would let her go. She didn’t know who he was.

“No way! You could be an eye witness to the police!” Yunho continued his little prank on her as he gripped tighter.

“P-please don’t k-kill me… s-spare me, p-please…” Ji Eun pleaded once more as tears cascaded down her fair cheeks.

Yunho felt his palm getting wet as he loosen his grip. He didn’t know she would be this scared. “Well then, on one condition,” he lowered his voice, not wanting to scare her more. But he still wanted to continue the prank.

“Kiss me.” he requested. It seemed that his mouth had a mind on it’s own. It probably is only an action, but that took Ji Eun off guard.

“W-what? B-but I can’t…”

“Why not? I’ll let you go.”

“B-because… I just can’t…” I’ve never been kissed before…

Yunho sighed, a little disappointed. He slowly let go of his arms around her. Ji Eun took that opportunity to stomp on his feet and dumped a bowl of flour on his head. She then continuously hit him with a rubber spatula.

“Get away from me! Get out!” she yelped, hitting his arm and back.

“Yah! Yah! Stop it! It’s me Yunho!” he yelped, trying to avoid the lethal attacks.

Ji Eun abruptly stopped once he heard his name. She stared at her husband from head to toe, not believing that it was him. It took her sometime to realize that he was playing a prank on her.

“O-oppa, y-you’re…”

“Aish, yah! Jung Ji Eun! That hurts you know?” Yunho glared, dusting the flour off his head.

Ji Eun still stood like a statue as Yunho saw another bowl of flour behind her. He grinned and dumped the flour on her head, covering her head with the bowl. She reacted by throwing more flour in return. In the end, they were having a food fight in the kitchen.

Yunho was tired as he stopped and breathed heavily. But Ji Eun was still firing more attacks to him. “Yah, haven’t I told you to stop!” he scolded, his tone went high as he grabbed her hands to stop them.

Ji Eun stared back at him, scared. Her knees suddenly went weak as she slowly sat on the kitchen floor. After a while, Yunho heard soft sobbing coming from her as he glanced down. Her shoulders was shaking as it appeared that she was crying?

Yunho sat beside her, confused of what went wrong. They were playfully having a food fight just now and now she was crying? Is she bipolar or what? Yunho gently lifted her chin up so that she face him as he saw her red eyes and tear stained cheeks.

“Hey… are you hurt?” he asked, not knowing what went wrong.

Ji Eun cried harder, hitting Yunho with her fist. “Pabo, pabo! You don’t know how scared I am!”

She was still continuously hitting his chest as Yunho stared at her. It wasn’t the kind of hit that would hurt, but it looked liked she was hurting. Was he playing a prank on his wife too seriously? Yunho wrapped his arms around Ji Eun to prevent her from hitting him any further as she cried in his arms.

Ji Eun has stopped hitting and was now crying in his chest, soaking his expensive suit. He finally let go of his spouse and cupped her face with his hands as he stared into her eyes.

“Are… you okay now?” he asked, being extra careful with his tone and words.

“There’s flour in my eyes,” she whined rubbing her eyes with her fingers.

“Hey stop that, you’re gonna hurt your eyes more,” Yunho stopped her.

He carefully blew into her eyes to ease the pain as he gently wiped the flour off her face. a few drops of tears were still running down Ji Eun’s cheeks as Yunho wiped the tears off her face with his thumb and leaned closer to her. He didn’t know why, but he felt the urge to kiss her, to comfort her.

Ji Eun realized that Yunho was moving towards to kiss her as her heartbeats went fast. She was frozen like a statue, not knowing what to do as Yunho leaned closer and closer to her lips. He tilted his head to the side, slightly pulling her face towards him. Their lips were almost touching when someone entered the kitchen.

“Oh my god! What happened to my kitchen?” Misun gasped at the messy kitchen, not realizing that she had interrupt something important.

Ji Eun pulled away and stood up as she wiped her tears from Misun’s view. “O-omma… we were just… I-I’ll clean it up fast.” She stuttered, trying to clean up the counter.

“And Yunho, what are you doing here? You’ve stained your suit! Were you guys fighting?” Misun questioned, staring suspiciously at her son.

“No, we were just having a playful food fight omma. I’ll help Ji Eun clean up.” Yunho reasoned as he too started to clean the kitchen.

“No, stop. Let the maids do it. Both of you, go get cleaned up.” She beckoned as the couple obeyed without saying another word.


They were both finished cleaning up themselves and was now clad in comfortable and clean clothes. Ji Eun was silent around Yunho the whole time as he decided it was time he confronted her.

“Hey, what’s with the cold attitude?”

“Who is being cold?” Ji Eun replied, referring the answer to himself.

“Yah, are you saying that-… i-it was you! You ignored me and didn’t even look at me!” Yunho reasoned, not wanting to admit defeat.

“Dinner will be ready soon. Come down if you’re hungry.” She simply replied and left. Leaving Yunho standing there, dumbfounded.


 

chapter for the day~!

are you guys confused on how this story is going? i hope not. if you guys have any questions, just ask me^^*

thanx for reading~ <3