Misinterpretations and Secrets

Something Called Love...

Ji Eun woke up the next morning, realizing that she was asleep on Yunho’s bed. She glanced around the room and noticed a neatly folded mattress at the edge of the bed. She was expecting to see her husband sleeping next to her.

Last night, Yunho placed her on the bed while he slept on the floor. She smiled at how considerate he can be. Her husband could’ve slept on the same bed, but he decided not to. He respected her decisions or maybe he was scared that she might scold him.

Ji Eun weakly got off the bed, looking around for Yunho but he wasn’t around. She descended the stairs, almost stumbling down at the last step. She felt very tired as if she had ran a full marathon.

She headed towards the kitchen, looking for any signs of her husband. “Oppa?”

“Ji Eun-ah, you’re awake,” Misun greeted her with a smile. “Yunho went to the office early today,” she replied.

“Oppa is gone already?” she mumbled faintly.

“He said you look so tired. He didn’t want to disturb your sleep,” Misun explained.

“Oh…” was all she could say in response.

Ji Eun turned around to head upstairs, but she suddenly felt a pain in her head. She dropped on her knees while holding onto her throbbing head in pain.

“Omo, Ji Eun-ah are you alright?” Misun ran beside her and helped her up. “Maybe you are getting sick,”

She frantically shook her head, regretting doing so as it increased the pain. “Anniyo, I guess I’m still sleepy,” she reasoned.

Before she could take another step further, Ji Eun suddenly felt something in . She abruptly stopped and rubbed her chest gently to ease the feeling of sickness and nauseousness. Misun saw her discomfort and held onto her shoulders.

“Umph!” she covered as she felt like throwing up.

“Are you sure you’re okay sweety? You look like you’re vomiting,”

“I’ll b-be f-fine omma,” she replied, trying hard to surpress the urge to puke.

Ji Eun slowly walk up the stairs while convincing her mother-in-law that she would be in good condition.

“Fatigue… headache… nauseousness…” Misun listed the sickness Ji Eun was having. “Is my daughter-in-law pregnant?” she questioned herself. A smirk appeared on her lips as she was silently hoping it would be true.


Meanwhile Yunho who was busy in his office received a sudden call from his private investigator. “What have you found out Siwon?” he asked while signing a few papers.

“Ji Eun-sshi’s life was normal, but it seemed that her mother controlled her. From my investigation, she has been fully guarded by Lee Yejin ever since little,” the PI, Choi Siwon stated his investigations.

“Define fully guarded.” Yunho asked.

“The school she attended, who she befriends to her daily schedules. She spent most of her time in the house. She wasn’t like any other normal teenager,” he replied.

“That’s pretty much what Ji Eun told me. Anything else?” Yunho asked, eyes still on his files.

Siwon hesitated to answer the question. It seemed like he wasn’t confident of his own investigations. “There is one more thing sir… but I’m not certain about the real results yet,” he replied reluctantly.

“Tell me,” Yunho stopped what he was doing and listened intently.

“It seems that… Lee Yejin is not your wife’s biological mother…” Siwon stated the ugly truth of his research.

“W-what?” he exclaimed in shock. His eyes widened in disbelieve at what he just heard.

“I’m not positive about this yet sir. I wasn’t sure if my resources are correct too,” he replied unconfidently.

“If Lee Yejin is not her mother, then who is her real mother?”

“That still remains a mystery sir. I doubt your wife knows about this. Maybe that’s why she’s fully guarded?”

“Maybe that’s why she treated Ji Eun badly…” Yunho mumbled to herself. “Find out who’s her real mother and if Yejin ever abuse my wife.” He requested with authority in his voice.

“Are you sure about that sir?” Siwon asked for confirmation.

“Ji Eun says Yejin always calls her bad things. I’m afraid if she ever mistreated my wife,” Yunho stated his worries.

“Certainly sir, I will inform you immediately if I have more news,” Siwon replied and hung up the call.

Yunho closed his phone shut after the call ended. He was feeling uneasy with what he found out. Ji Eun’s secrets seemed more complicated that what he had imagined. The most worrying thing was the fact that his wife had absolutely no idea of her own past. Of her own mother. It could probably be the biggest secret of her life. 


The whole Jungs family was present at dinnertime when suddenly, Ji Eun felt something weird in her stomach. The pain gradually increased as she tried hard to hide the pain from people’s view. Luckily by the time dessert arrived, Jihye noticed Ji Eun’s pained expression.

“Ji Eun-ah, kwenchanayo? You don’t look so good.” She asked in concern.

Everyone turned their attention towards Ji Eun. Yunho noticed that her right hand was clutching tightly onto her stomach while the pained expression was clearly showing on her face.

“Baby, what’s wrong? Are you feeling sick?” he asked while squeezing her shoulders, his tone sounded genuinely concerned for her. “Do you need to go to the clinic?”

Ji Eun couldn’t hold in the pain any longer and stood up to leave. “I’ll be fine oppa. I think I just need to lie down. Excuse me.” she bowed politely before leaving in a hurry. She arrived in to their room while frantically searching for her medicine but to no avail. Ji Eun was guessing that her usual gastric was attacking her again. 


By the time Yunho reached their room, he found his wife in the bathroom. “Baby, are you sure you’re okay?” he asked in concern while massaging her back.

Ji Eun didn’t answer him as she threw up more in the sink. She washed and wiped it with the back of her hand. She wobbled slightly and held onto her husband for support.

“I think it’s just indigestion oppa. I’ve experienced this before,” she assured him as Yunho brought her out of the bathroom.

“We should at least go and check it out,” her husband suggested while holding tightly onto his wife.

“Don’t worry oppa, it’ll go away by tomorrow,”

He couldn’t bear to see her hurt like this. What really happened? Was it really indigestion? If Yunho didn’t know any better, he might’ve guessed that Ji Eun was pregnant. But that is impossible. They had never done it before and he was sure of that.

Yunho was starting to get really worried since he’ll be going to Japan tomorrow. With his wife’s condition like this, he was reluctant to leave her. Ji Eun was also stubborn to go to the clinic, but he could never force her to that.

**

Meanwhile the other three Jungs were leaning against the couple’s door, eavesdropping on their conversation.

“What’s happening?” Hyundong asked, trying hard to listen.

“She just vomited. A lot,” Jihye replied.

“Ji Eun was nauseous this morning too. She looked like vomiting,” Misun added from her observation that morning.

“So? Will she be alright?” the father asked worriedly.

Misun smacked her husband’s head, “Don’t you know? Those are signs if someone is pregnant!”

“Are you really sure Ji Eun is?” he asked, unsure.

“Let’s just hope so. I really hope nothing bad happens to her,” Jihye stated.

All three Jungs silently sneaked away from the door, leaving the couple in peace. Each of them had a smile on their faces. Hoping what they predicted to be true. But what if it’s not what they thought?

**

I don’t think you should sleep on the floor tonight. Let’s switch,” Yunho suggested when Ji Eun reached for a blanket and pillow to her usual spot.

Ji Eun placed her usual blanket on the floor and lied down. “I’m fine. You can have the bed, I’ll sleep on the floor.” She mumbled and closed her eyes to sleep, so the pain can go away faster.

“B-but… baby~” he tried to whine when his wife was already fast asleep.

Yunho didn’t even have time to protest as he sighed heavily and got ready for bed. Yunho couldn’t sleep that night. He kept tossing and turning on the bed or staring worriedly at his sick wife sleeping on the floor.

As her husband and he felt a responsibility to care for her. He groaned in frustration as he got off the bed, ready to carry Ji Eun to the bed. But he stopped when he realized that he might disturb her sleep and make her pain worse.

“Aish, but she’s sick and she can’t be sleeping on the cold floor.” Yunho sighed as he stared at the sleeping figure who was still holding onto her stomach.

He took another pillow and blanket and spread them on the floor as he lied down next to her. He knew that she might scold him the next morning, but that was the least of his concerns now.

While he was tucking both of them with the blankets, Ji Eun turned in her sleep and ended up leaning against his chest. Yunho was breathing heavily as he stayed stationary, afraid that she might wake up.

Yunho realize that his wife had a certain sleeping habit, she loves to lean or snuggle against something warm. He slowly lied down back again when he realized his right arm was pinned around her waist. He was stuck in that position.

Aigoo~ you move too much Ji Eun-ah... He sighed in defeat.

In the end, Yunho wrapped his arms around Ji Eun’s waist and pulled her closer to him as she snuggled in for warmth. He rested his head on top of hers, smelling her sweet scent as he kissed her hair. He didn’t know what to do to ease her pain, but he hoped his presence beside her will make her feel better. Even if that means he’ll get scolded the next morning.


LOL a little messy chapter if you guys notice. but i hope you enjoy nevertheless~^^*

for those who are still puzzled, Miyoung poisoned JiEun. the rate of the poison is erm...pretty high. let's just hope JiEun will be alright. sorry for the drama.... 

looks like the 3 Jungs have misinterpretation.... & Yunho knew JiEun's secrets now...

thanks a lot^^* comments are welcomed and loved <3

btw i have an exam tomorrow, so probably no update tomorrow~