Arriving At The Jungs

Something Called Love...

Ji Eun went to pick up her luggage as soon as she arrived in Seoul. Focusing to much on her luggage, she didn't notice what was ahead of her and bumped into someone. She fell back and her luggage scattered all over the floor.

“Aish, I’m pretty sure I’ll be feeling the pain in the next couple of days,” Ji Eun groaned.

“I’m so sorry” the man quickly apologized and bent down to help her pick up the luggage. He then helped Ji Eun up on her feet.

“Are you hurt? Injured?” the man blurted out the questions to her as he bowed several times.

“No, that’s okay. I’m fine, don’t worry.” Ji Eun excused and bowed too.

“Hey, it’s you! Remember me?” the man widened his eyes as soon as he noticed who she was.

“Um… oh yes! You’re the one who saved me last time,” Ji Eun exclaimed and smiled at him.

“What a small world. How’s your knee?” he asked in concern, remembering what happened last time they met.

“It’s healed now. Thank you again for saving me.” she bowed again in gratitude.

“That’s okay. It’s your luck that I was there I guess.” He chuckled.

“Sir, there you are. We’re sorry for being late. The car is ready.” Two men wearing black suits and sunglasses came to him and bowed.

“Well, I got to go now. I hope to meet you again.” He bowed one last time and left.

“Nice meeting you again sir!” Ji Eun bid him goodbye.


 

After she collected all her luggage, Ji Eun went out from the arrivals. Her father mentioned that someone will be picking her up from the airport. Ji Eun suspected it to be her husband and braced herself to meet him for the first time.

But then, she saw a girl about her age holding up a sign written her name on it. She clutched her luggage tightly and walked over to her while waving in return.

“Annyong! Nice to meet you sister in-law! I’m Jihye.” The girl exclaimed and hugged Ji Eun tightly once she has reached her. Wait. Did I hear her right? Sister in-law?

Ji Eun stared at the girl curiously, confused as to why did Jihye recognized her. “I’ve seena picture of you from omma.” Jihye explained.

“Annyonghaseyo, I’m Lee Ji Eun. Nice to meet you too.” Ji Eun greeted her back. Jihye chuckled at her in response as she raised an eyebrow.

“You’re as beautiful as your name. It’s Jung Ji Eun now!” Jihye yelped as she wrapped her arm around Ji Eun’s shoulder and brought her out of the airport.

Oh right, forgot about that. Ji Eun smiled silently to herself knowing that her last name was no longer Lee.

**-**

[Ji Eun’s POV]

“Waa~ this is so great! I’ve never had a sister before. I’m the youngest!” Jihye grinned at me, showing her sparkly smile while she drove to the Jungs house. “We can spend lots of time together!”

I smiled back at her. It was better than I’ve expected, at least one of the Jungs treat me nicely. I hope the others will too, especially Jung Yunho. I was jolted back to reality when Jihye asked me how old I am.

“I’m 18.” I answered, no I whispered.

It still felt awkward speaking to her. She clapped her hands excitedly while driving skillfully. I was scared for a minute there when she let go of the steering wheel.

“I got a dongsaeng! Wah, you’re so young yet, you look so mature!” Jihye giggled excitedly. “Call me unnie!”

“Dae, Jihye unnie.” I followed her.

Then Jihye started telling me all about her family. From Yunho being her only sibling to how it was like to be the youngest in the household. She was really happy when she knew Yunho was going to get married as she will have a new friend. Somehow deep inside me, I felt jealous of Jihye. She got everything a girl could ever wish for. Looks, wealth and most importantly, a mother that really loves her.

Then Yunho’s name appeared in my mind. I’ve been meaning to know more about him, my so-called husband. How was he like? How does he look like? Was he like Jihye or the total opposite?

“Erm Jihye unnie, can I ask you something?” I timidly asked as she smiled, signaling me to continue.

“How’s uhm… Y-Yunho… no! I-I mean…” I stuttered and scratched my head, it was really embarrassing.

This was the first time I mentioned his name since we’ve been married for six months. I didn’t know what to ask or how should I ask it. I felt heat creeping up my cheeks as I started to play with my fingers.

“Aigoo~ you’re so cute!” Jihye unnie pinched my cheeks as I felt myself blush harder. “I’m guessing you can’t wait to meet him right? Aww don’t worry Ji Eun-ah, I’m sure Yunho oppa is going to love you!” she assured me. Love, the one word I rarely hear in my life. Could I find love from him, Jung Yunho?


A few minutes later, we arrived at the Jung’s house or should I say mansion? I knew they were rich, but how rich are they to be able to afford a place like this? Somehow, I grew more curious as to why I’m married to Yunho in the first place.

We were greeted by Mrs. Jung or should I say, my mother-in-law as soon as we entered. She had the same smile on her face, just like our first meeting, but with more glow in it. she engulfed me in her warm embrace as soon as I reached the doorstep and dragged me inside.

“Annyonghaseyo, nice to meet you.” I bowed at her once we’re inside.

“I’ve been waiting for you Ji Eun-ah. Finally, you’re here!” Jung Misun exclaimed happily.

I looked around the mansion, it was beautifully decorated with both classic and modern style. The mansion was so beautiful, it somehow made me feel like myself is shrinking. Our family could never be compared to them. This was way beyond my imagination.

“We’ll have a look around the house later. Right now, you probably need some rest.” She smiled and pulled me upstairs.

“This is Yunho’s bedroom. Now, it’s yours too.” My mother-in-law gestured me towards the door.

I gulped hard as I hesitated to open the door. My husband was supposed to be at the other side of the door, waiting for me. I didn’t know how would I face him as I reluctantly turned the doorknob and slowly opened the door.

To my disappointment, no one was inside. “Um, w-where’s Y-Yunho-sshi?” I asked Misun.

“Aigoo~ I forgot to mention that he’s in Japan right now for business matters. But don’t worry, he’ll be back soon. Yunho can’t wait to see you too.” She replied as I sighed, both in relief and disappointment.

“Oh, t-that’s okay. It’s not like… I c-can’t wait for him.” I stuttered, embarrassed. I was disappointed for the second time.

“Just make yourself comfortable. I’ll be downstairs if you need me.” she smiled and closed the door behind her.


 

Ji Eun went to take a look around the mansion as she spotted Jung Misun reading at the balcony in the backyard. Her mother-in-law noticed her presence and gestured Ji Eun towards her.

“Oh, Ji Eun sweetheart, come sit.” Mrs. Jung smiled at her while patting a seat next to her.

Ji Eun politely smiled and sat down. The elder lady closed the book she was reading and faced her daughter-in-law. “So, how do you like it here?” she asked.

Ji Eun thought of the best answer to reply while nervously playing with her fingers. Lately, she got the habit of playing with her finger when she is nervous. “It’s nice and spacious. I feel comfortable here. But it’s larger than I expected.” She replied.

Jung Misun were able to sense the awkwardness shown by Ji Eun as she held the younger girl’s right hand with her left hand. “No need to be shy, you’re a part of the family now. And call me omma.” She comforted.

Having the family to accept her was the best thing so far. She was very worried ever since arriving in Seoul, but Misun’s smile washed away her nervousness. “D-dae omma. Thank you.” Ji Eun slightly bowed.

“I’m sorry that you aren’t able to meet Yunho. He received an emergency call yesterday from his father in Japan. They’ll be back soon.” Misun patted her hands gently.

“Kwenchana omma, I can wait.”

“Yunho is always busy. You have to get used to it. After all, he’s the CEO of Jung Corp.”

“C-CEO? As in, Chief Executive Officer?” Ji Eun widened her eyes.

She never knew much about her husband. Now their wealth started to make sense for her. But now, she was more worried as she is holding a title as the CEO’s wife.

But Misun noticed that something else was bothering Ji Eun. She thought of how honest this girl is, even in her slightest action is clearly shown. “Ji Eun, you looked worried… is everything alright?” she asked.

It took everything in Ji Eun to be able to ask this question to her mother-in-law. The question had been running through her mind since she first knew about her engagement.

“Why was I arranged to marry Yunho?” Ji Eun asked the question in a single breath.

Jung Misun knew that this question would arise from either Ji Eun or her own son. She never regretted in arranging for both of them to marry. Even though there’s quite an age difference between the two, she’s confident that Ji Eun is suitable for Yunho.

Ask her why, it’s a mother’s instinct. “Would you believe if I say that it’s fate?”

“But what if Yunho doesn’t like me? Wouldn’t the marriage be… useless?”

“I never regretted my decisions. What makes you think so Ji Eun-ah?”

“I’m not in his league omma. I’m different. Yunho is a CEO of some big company and I’m just a regular schoolgirl. I don’t fit to be standing on the same level as him. Moreover, I’m too young, not pretty and-”

“You never know what will happen. And does all those things matter?” Misun interrupted before Ji Eun could continue further. “Appearances can be deceiving. Looks does not matter my dear, it’s who you are that matters. In here,” she pointed at Ji Eun’s heart. “The first time I met you, I knew you are the best for my son.”

Ji Eun nodded, but she was still worried about her first meeting with Yunho. Looks like she will have to get herself ready to accept her husband regardless whoever he is. She might be able to accept him, but will Yunho accept her once he met her? For now, that was her biggest fear.


 

sorry for the late update my dear readers. i was really busy yesterday. there's just a lot to do.

we had a little makeover to our house & lots of things need to be cleaned up ><

sorry if this chapter is a little messed u, or draggy~ did i disappoint anyone?. >< hope you guys can enjoy it nevertheless~!

thnx for those who read, commented and subscribed!