The Real Villain

Something Called Love...

Sunshine shone through the windows, waking up the husband. He rubbed his half-sleepy eyes and glanced at his surroundings. He fell asleep in the ICU, holding his wife’s hand throughout the night with his head rested next to it. It was now eight o’clock in the morning.

He gazed at the figure of his wife, there was no difference. She was much like yesterday, lying on the hospital bed in a comatose state. Somehow, it didn’t seem like she would wake up. A lump formed in his throat at the thought.

He sat beside his wife on the bed and softly kissed her cold forehead. He caressed her cheeks while mumbling, “Morning baby…”

He imagined that she would slowly wake up, rubbing her sleepy eyes while murmuring the morning greeting to him. He imagined that he would be the one to wake her up while she pouted, asking for a few more minutes to nap.

But that has never happened yet; it was always the wife that wakes up her husband. He wanted to wake up her, at least once. He wanted to see her morning pout, how cute could she be in the morning while sleepily heading to get ready for the day.

“I hope… it’s not too late for me to say this,” he said, staring lovingly at his wife.

“I think… I think I l-love you, Jung Ji Eun.” He confessed and kissed the back of her hand.

Remember how he confessed to her after their honeymoon? He said that he felt an undiscovered feelings towards her. How he wanted her to accept him, for him to prove that those feelings were real. Now, he is very sure of those strong feelings. It is love. He’s in love with her. Jung Yunho loves his wife, Jung Ji Eun.

“Please wake up baby, for me…” he prayed that she would wake up. 


“She’s still unconscious?” a voice asked out of nowhere.

He turned to where the voice was coming from and saw Kang Miyoung walking towards him. She smiled at him while showing her sad expression to see his wife lying there.

“Miyoung-sshi, what are you doing here?” he asked, shocked at her presence.

“I was told that Ji Eun is in the hospital. I came to visit,” she explained, smiling at him.

“Thank you,” he said.

Miyoung approached the bed and Ji Eun’s hair. She tried to show that she was concerned of her health, “Poor girl. How is she?”

Yunho sighed heavily. He really hated to answer the question. “She was poisoned. She’s been unconscious since yesterday,” he explained.

“When will she wake up?” she asked further.

“The doctor said, if she responds to the medicine, she’ll wake up in the morning,” Yunho replied, gazing worriedly at Ji Eun

Miyoung saw that gaze and decided to shift his attention somewhere else, “By the way, how did you come back from Japan? I thought your private jet is in Seoul,” she asked.

“I came back with Yoochun’s help,” he simply replied, eyes still on his wife.

“Oh…” she said. “Honestly, I don’t really trust him,”

Yunho looked up at her with questioning eyes, “You mean?”

“He’s a little suspicious. Did you see how he looks at Ji Eun on our dinner? I think he likes her,” Miyoung stated.

Yunho stared more intently as she speaks. Though he might already guessed it, he was shocked to hear that Yoochun likes his wife. But he wasn’t sure if he should trust Miyoung, she looked suspicious herself.

“I’m not in the mood for that right now,” Yunho just shrugged off the thought.

She kept persisting, “But I just saw him outside,”

“What’s he doing here?” he asked, showing a slight interest.

“Maybe he wanted to check out on her because he’s concerned about her?” Miyoung guessed, raising her eyebrows. “But, it’s odd. Yoochun’s just your business partner, why would he be so concerned of Ji Eun?”

“You’re saying?” he questioned, not comprehending what she said.

“He’s showing interest in Ji Eun, Yoochun likes her,” Miyoung stated the obvious.


“Wait!” a voice was heard as Yunho stood up, facing the door where the voice came from.

“Yoochun-sshi, we were just… talking about you,” Miyoung smirked, thinking that it was a perfect time to trap him.

“Your mouth says nothing but lies Kang Miyoung,” Yoochun glared at her while Yunho had a confused look on his face.

“What’s going on here?” Yunho asked turning his full attention to the two people.

“It was her who poisoned your wife Yunho-sshi. Kang Miyoung poisoned Ji Eun at the night we went together for dinner,” Yoochun confessed what he heard yesterday.

He couldn’t hold it in any longer, the secret must be out before Miyoung does anything more drastic to Ji Eun. He figured Yunho has the right to know that and he was the best person to decide what should happen to the devil.

“What? Miyoung-shhi, did you?” Yunho turned to her, a mix of anger and disbelieve in his face.

“No! you should trust me oppa, you know me better!” she defended.

“But, how do you know this?” he asked Yoochun.

“I heard her talking to herself yesterday when I went to get drinks for us. She planned to vanish Ji Eun from the face of the earth!” Yoochun yelled, his index finger pointing at the person who was guilty.

Miyoung had a fearful look on her face, but she tried to hide it by making it look like she was being accused. Her confident look didn’t last long when she saw the deathly glare Yunho was giving her. She could burn to ashes at his blazing gaze.

“O-oppa… don’t t-trust him! He’s lying and accusing me because she wanted Ji Eun to himself!” Miyoung yelped, trying to defend herself while showing her fake tears.

“It’s you who were accusing me!” Yoochun yelled back as he stepped closer to her.

“That’s it!” Yunho yelled, stopping them from arguing.

“Kang Miyoung, I knew I shouldn’t trust you after what happened in Jeju,” Yunho stated. “How could you?! Ji Eun has never done anything to you!” he yelled, his voice echoing in the hospital ward.

“She took you away from me!” Miyoung too, burst out her side of the story.

“I was never yours in the first place! I tried to explain that I have no interest in you for years, but you didn’t listen!” Yunho roared in fury. Yoochun could sense that things would get out of hand any second.

“Yunho-sshi, I think you should calm down. We’re in a hospital and Ji Eun is sick,” Yoochun tried to comfort him, before the hospital crumbles from the argument.

“But oppa… we’re childhood friends. You should get married to me, not that stranger!”

“That stranger has a name!” he gritted his teeth, walking closer and closer to her.

Yunho’s fists almost turned white as he grasped them tighter, getting more furious than ever. He really went ballistic, knowing that his own childhood friend would go to that extent to hurt the one he loves.

He suddenly felt something cold but soft, gently wrapping around his tight fist. He realized it was a small hand, weakly holding onto his and unclasping his fist. He turned his head to the right to be met face to face with his wife.

“O-oppa…” Ji Eun uttered, her voice was hoarse and barely audible.

Sometime throughout the argument, none of them realized their voices had woken up the sleeping beauty. She walked to him with the limited strength in her to stop him from doing anything crazy.

Yunho stared at his wife’s pale face and weak figure, he was confused of what to do. He had mix emotions right now and he didn’t know which one to feel. He was fearing that he could never see Ji Eun waking up, but he felt relieved now that she’s standing in front of him.

“Baby… Ji Eun-ah y-you’re…” he stuttered in disbelieve.

“Oppa… just let her go…” Ji Eun mumbled weakly, interlacing her fingers with his.

“B-but baby…” his voice tone had subsidized, hearing her soft voice.

Her soft touch, her gentle voice managed to calm him down. He didn’t even realized that he was breathing heavily from the argument. Ji Eun grasped his hands tighter with the strength left in her.

“She’s the one that made you like this. She should be punished. I can’t let anyone hurt the one I love so easily like that,” he reasoned, cupping her cheek with his free hand.

“Maybe we should give her a second chance. Besides, I’m alright now…” she replied, as tears were threatening to fall.

“I can’t baby… I’m sorry,” Yunho kissed her forehead before turning to look at the two people again.

Miyoung had a terrified look on her face. She was so scared out of her wits, her face was white as is she just saw a ghost. Meanwhile Yoochun had a calm yet disappointed look on his face. Haven knows what’s in his mind at the moment.

“You will get what you deserved for hurting my wife Kang Miyoung and there’s no way to run this time,” Yunho reminded her with his killing gaze. “I warn you, if anything happens to Ji Eun, I will make sure you won’t set foot in Seoul ever again!” he yelled.

“I’ll handle her. You want me to report this to the police?” Yoochun asked as he had a tight grip around Miyoung’s wrist.

Yunho rubbed his temples, “Just do what you think is right, but don’t let her get away with it,” he simply replied.

Yoochun nodded and dragged the criminal out, leaving the couple alone.

“Oppa, what are you going to do to Miyoung-sshi? You’re not gonna hurt her right?” Ji Eun asked worriedly.

Yunho had a look of disbelieve in his face, “Baby, she poisoned you and you’re still thinking of her safety?”

“I don’t want to see anyone suffer… ,” she reasoned as tears trickled down her cheeks.

Yunho’s heart soften seeing her tears. Did he just hurt her for what he did? “You did nothing wrong Ji Eun-ah, you’re innocent. You don’t have to feel guilty, I’m sorry if I hurt you with my actions,” he tried to comfort her.

Yunho pulled her into an embrace. He didn’t know what to do to calm her down. Her tears kept pouring, wetting his shirt. He soflty rubbed her back while whispering gently to her ear.

“Shh… don’t cry baby. It hurts me to see you like this…” he soothed her and kissed her hair.

Ji Eun wrapped her arms around him, burying her face in his warm chest as she sobbed harder. She just woke up and was still weak, crying would just make her condition worse. Yunho gently lifted her and placed her on the bed. She didn’t seem like she would let go of him, so he layed on the bed next to her.

He was still hugging her while softly kissing and her hair. He whispered some words of comfort so that she would calm down and stop crying. But still, he was glad that she finally wakes up from unconscious state.


updated! sorry for the late update, i had a writer's block. that explains the messy & short chapter LOL

btw yunho confessed! more secrets & questions will be unfold soon~ yes, JiEun and Jaejoong are siblings...

i hope you guys enjoy this! what do you think? did i punish miyoung good enough? XP

hope you will enjoy this chapter, though it's a bit short. i'll update again next time~<3