Coincidence?

Something Called Love...

“Hello? Siwon, I want you to stop investigating my wife,” Yunho mumbled into the phone.

His private investigator was relieved to finally hear that coming from him. “My pleasure sir, but may I know why?” he asked.

“I’ve found out what I need to know. Besides, I don’t want to keep secrets away from her,” Yunho sighed heavily.

Why did he suddenly ordered Siwon to stop the investigation? It wasn’t only the fact that Jaejoong advised him too, he also didn’t want to add more to the guilt he was feeling right then. Stopping it is better than making it worse.

Unfortunately, someone was watching and eavesdropping on his conversation as she smirked to herself. “See? I knew it! He wasn’t happy with this marriage. He didn’t trust his wife and was even investigating her? This is my secret weapon…” she chuckled to herself.

Park Soojin left his office and cancelled her plan to meet Yunho that morning. She had other plans for him and his wife up her sleeve.


 

Someone was frantically knocking on Ji Eun’s door that morning. It went nonstop until the little Yuri was running in her ‘omma’s arms out of fear. Once she opened the door, a figure pushed her inside and slammed the door shut making sure to lock it securely. Yuri was burying her face at the crook of Ji Eun’s neck as Ji Eun was staring at the guest with a dumbfounded look on her face.

“Don’t worry, he can’t find me here,” the guest chanted to herself while peeking outside the door for any signs of ‘he’.

Confused of the whole situation, Ji Eun decided to ask. “Ayumi-ah, kwenchana? What’s wrong?”

“But what if he find me here?! Wait! He doesn’t know Ji Eun’s new house… b-but he works with Yunho! What if…” Ayumi kept mumbling to herself in worry.

“What are you talking about? Are you running from someone?” Ji Eun asked again while patting Yuri’s back to sooth her.

“Changmin oppa! He’s coming to get me!” Ayumi yelped, frantically shaking her best friend. Oblivious of the little girl in her arms.

“Ayumi, calm down. You’re scaring my baby,” she patted her shoulders and dragged her panicked friend to the living room.

Once they settled down, Ji Eun forced Ayumi to tell her everything. “Now tell me one by one,”

“W-well… y-you see… you know how scary Changmin oppa can be right? Well, Jihye unnie and oppa are having a fight… and I’m the one suffering in the middle of this!”Ayumi yelped out the last sentence, scaring the little girl even worse.

“Shh! Lower your voice! You’re scaring her…” Ji Eun scolded Ayumi like a protective mother.

Yuri was staring at Ayumi in fear and confusion. Her eyes were watery and lips were pouting as if she was about to cry. By then Ayumi noticed the little girl in Ji Eun’s arms. It didn’t take her long to broke into a loud squeal and pinching Yuri’s cheeks in the process.

“Aigoo~ so cute! Ji Eun-ah since when did you have a daughter? I don’t remember seeing you pregnant!” she blurted out, clapping her hands excitedly.

Ji Eun blushed when her best friend mentioned about her being pregnant. “I was never pregnant. Yuri is the daughter of Yunho oppa’s cousin. I’m babysitting her for a while,” she explained.

“Well, not pregnant yet,” Ayumi emphasized the word ‘yet’. “Annyong cutie~” she waved.

“Omma~ this unnie is scawy…” Yuri pointed towards Ayumi with her small fingers.

“It’s okay honey. This unnie won’t hurt you, she’s just hyper sometimes,” Ji Eun comforted while glaring at Ayumi.

“Mian, unnie won’t do that again,” Ayumi hung her head low.

“Back to the topic, what’s wrong between Jihye unnie and Changmin oppa?” Ji Eun proceeded to ask.

“From what I’ve gathered, Jihye unnie found out that Changmin oppa is still in contact with his ex and… she’s pissed. Well, you can guess the next part,”

“I can already imagine it. It’s world war for sure. But why would Changmin oppa be contacting his ex? He’s with unnie now right?” Ji Eun reasoned as Yuri was starting to calm down.

The little girl was now playing with Ji Eun’s fingers as she didn’t even dare to look in Ayumi’s direction. She glanced once in a while but quickly buried her face in Ji Eun’s hug when they met eyes.

“I swear that he doesn’t love his ex anymore. Unfortunately they are currently working together on a project with their faculty. It’s inevitable,” Ayumi explained further. “I’m stuck in the middle of this problem because oppa lashes out his anger on me! To top that off, unnie has been calling me nonstop to complain about him. Why~ why me!”

Ji Eun just heaved a sigh, feeling quite sorry for her best friend. If there’s anything that she could do to help.

“Look! Even your baby hates me!” Ayumi cried out. Ji Eun smirked and shook her head, her best friend can be a bit of a drama queen.

“You gave a bad first impression to Yuri. She’s a good girl, you just need time for her to like you. Right honey?” the little girl tilted her head to the side, showing her cute bambi eyes.

Yuri shifted her attention to Ayumi as she saw the gloomy and defeated look on her face. She jumped off Ji Eun’s lap and came a few seconds after with some toys in her hands. She placed the toys on the coffee table in front of Ayumi. The elder girl stared into her eyes, they were just pure innocent and angel-like eyes. Yuri took one of the toys and placed it on Ayumi’s palm before running into her ‘omma’s arms.

“Aww, good girl. You want to make unnie feel better?” Ji Eun patted Yuri’s hair like a proud mother. “She always feels better if she plays with her toys. I guess she wanted to make you feel better too,” she explained to her dumfounded looking friend.

“Thanks Yuri-ah. Wanna play with unnie?” she tried to slowly gain Yuri’s trust. “You’re really good with kids Ji Eun-ah. I seriously though she was your own daughter,”

“So, what do you plan to do now?” Ji Eun asked.

“Err… I was thinking of… staying here for a while can I?”

“I’m not so sure… I have to ask Yunho oppa about this,” Ji Eun bit her lip, unsure. Just then her phone rang as she picked it up. “Yoboseyo?”

“Baby, I finished work early today. I was thinking of taking you and Yuri out. How’s that?” Yunho spoke at the other end of the line.

Ji Eun was smiling when she heard her thoughtful husband, but then she remembered her troubled best friend. “Yeah, I have something to talk about with you. We’ll be waiting,” she mumbled back.

Yuri could hear her ‘appa’s voice as she jumped happily on the couch, stretching her hands to reach for Ji Eun’s phone. “Appa! Appa!”

“Oppa, Yuri wants to talk to you,” the wife informed as she held the phone to the little girl’s ear.

“Appa? Yuri here!” she squealed excitedly as Ji Eun just chuckled. Ayumi on the other hand was staring in shock when she heard Yuri calling the couple appa and omma.

“Hey there little one~ are behaving yourself at home?” Yunho smiled widely when he heard the high-pitched voice.

“Yuri take care of omma. Omma sick…” she mumbled worriedly.

“Really? Good girl~ don’t worry, appa is coming home soon,” he replied assuringly. Yunho couldn’t help but to worry over his wife’s condition.

“Pai pai appa!” Yuri waved to the phone as if Yunho could see her as the two girls chuckled at the toddler’s cuteness.

“I see a happy family already. You guys are so adorable!” Ayumi squealed as Ji Eun blushed.


 

Once Ji Eun opened the door for her husband, Yuri jumped from her arms into his hug. Yunho kissed the girl’s cheeks and tickled her as he followed Ji Eun to the living room. Ayumi watched in awe as the little girl was squealing and giggling when Yunho played with her. Did she really gave a bad first impression to Yuri? She just sighed in return.

“She calls you omma and appa?” Ayumi asked, scratching her head in the process.

“Well…” both Yunho and Ji Eun exchanged glances as they smiled to each other.

Seeing the happy family, Ayumi didn’t dare to ask permission to stay. She tried to excuse herself when Yunho spoke, “What brings you here?”

“Ah, just I need to talk to Ji Eun.” She gave a small smile.

“By the way, is there something going on between Changmin and Jihye? He’s not in a very good mood in the office today,” his brotherly sixth sense noticed that.

“W-well… they are having a fight… I big one I guess,” Ayumi stuttered, unable to answer properly.

“A really big fight I guess. He almost threw the file to my face, thank goodness I managed to catch it in time,”

“It’s that bad? Shouldn’t we do something about it?” Ji Eun mumbled in worry.

“I don’t think it’s the right time to interfere. Let them cool down first. What’s the reason?” Yunho asked.

“Changmin oppa is still in contact with his ex and Jihye unnie found out…” Ayumi timidly mumbled.

Somehow Ayumi’s words struck Yunho’s heart like a lightning. That was exactly just like his situation. Would Ji Eun react the same way when she found out about Soojin? But Yunho mentally defended himself that he wasn’t in a secret relationship with Soojin, they were just… friends. Besides, Ji Eun is more forgiving and understanding than Jihye. He really hoped nothing like this will happen to them.

boring right? i don't think my mind is at it's right state. been nervous for my exam next week. wish me luck! sorry for not updating last week, i wasn't feeling well at that time. i'll try to update as much as i can before the exam. hope you guys will read and enjoy it! <3

yes, to confirm your guess, I, Dr. Wertias XD confirmed that Ji Eun is pregnant. but no one in this story knows that fact yet. it will be revealed soon...hehe... what kind of response would you guys like? or i'll just have to make a surprise? stay tuned...

Read. Enjoy. Love <3