Soulmates

Something Called Love...

CEO Park Yoochun has just  arrived at the airport. His driver was picking him up from there as he stepped in the car. “Where to sir?” the driver asked.

“Jungs Corp.” he simply replied.

“But sir, you just got back,” the driver reminded.

Yoochun took off his sunglasses and stared out the window. “Yes, I just got back to officially start the joint project with Jungs Corp. I’ll be very busy starting from today, let’s hurry up,” he reasoned.

The driver nodded as he drove his boss to Jungs Corp building. “By the way sir, I already did what you told me to,” he reminded.

“When did you send it?” Yoochun asked, somehow interested to hear more.

“Today sir, it should arrive by now.”

“But you didn’t leave any messages right?”

“No sir, I did it just like you told me to,”

“Good,”


Jung Yunho arrived at his parents house that afternoon, he had some important things to discuss with them and his wife didn’t know about his visit to her in-laws. As soon as he arrived, he proceeded to find his mother who was reading at the balcony of the house at that moment. She smiled when she saw her son approaching her.

“Yunho-ah, it’s a suprising visit,” she greeted and hugged her only son.

He sat on the chair beside his mother and proceeded to ask the question, “Omma, I have to ask you something important,”

“Why so serious? Is it a matter of life and death?” Misun asked, raising her eyebrows at the statement.

“I need you to be honest with me, exactly why am I married to Ji Eun?” he asked, sounding very desperate.

Misun placed the book on the table and straightened herself when she heard that question, “It has never been an issue to you before. Why are you asking now?” she asked. “Are you… regretting?” she guessed, her gaze were serious.

“No, I’m very thankful to be married to Ji Eun. I love her omma, and I’m not regretting the marriage at all,”

Misun was quite surprised to hear that statement from her son, but she had a wide smile on her face. “I’m finally hearing that word coming from you. You love her, then why are you still questioning the marriage?” she asked.

Yunho could sense that his mother was trying to avoid answering the question, but he wasn’t going to give up that easily. “Omma please, I’ve always wanted to know why am I married to Ji Eun. It’s not a business deal is it?” he guessed.

Jung Misun sighed heavily, she had to answer the question sooner or later. “It’s not a business deal, your father and I will never do that to our children. I’d like to call your marriage as a fate?” she started her explanation.

The son was rather impatient and asked, “Fate? What do you mean omma?”

“You were nine at the time and our family were spending time at the park. Suddenly, I saw you running towards the road. Your father and I ran after you, we thought you were chasing your ball or something,” she explained one by one as Yunho listened intently.


 

[Flashback]

“Yunho-ah where are you going?” Hyundong yelled after his only son, standing up to chase after him.

“Honey, be careful!” Misun called out to her son, following her husband from behind.

A nine-year-old Jung Yunho was running with all his might towards the road. He wasn’t chasing his ball or playing around, in fact he was aiming for something. He was playing at the field when he saw a little girl walking across the road. But it wasn’t the adorable expression on her face that caught his attention, it was a black car speeding towards the girl.

The three-year-old girl was happily skipping on the road without a care, after all she was still a little girl. She didn’t notice the car was close to running over her. Yunho was running and yelling at the same time, warning the little girl of the approaching car. She heard the yelling and turned her head towards the voice, only to see the fast moving vehicle towards her.

She stared at the car, stunned and widened her eyes. “Aaahhh!!!” she screamed with all her might.

Her foot was stuck to the ground beneath her, she froze in position. The little girl closed her eyes with her palms, still yelling her lungs out. Before she knew it, she felt herself being lifted up from the ground and the car zooming fast behind her. Right at that moment, the Jung couple came running towards their son.

“Yunho, that’s dangerous! What were you thinking?” Hyungdong panicked, panting heavily for air.

Misun almost cried her heart out, seeing her son almost hit by a car. “Omo, honey are you okay?” she asked.

But the young Jung Yunho could care less to answer those questions, his attention was to the little girl in his arms right then. He walked over to a bench and sat down, holding the petite figure securely in his embrace.

The little girl was sobbing hard, eyes closed tightly from the shock. Her small arms were circled tightly around Yunho’s neck and her face was buried in his shoulders. She was scared out of her wits and didn’t want to let go of her saviour.

Yunho’s parents watched in awe at the sight before them. Their son never acted like that before. He was very concerned to the stranger in his arms, yet it seemed like he knew her for a long time. Yunho was softly patting the girl’s back, comforting her from the fright she just had.

“Are you okay?” Yunho asked the girl as he wiped her tears with his thumb.

The little girl didn’t respond, but she already stopped crying. Somehow being in Yunho’s arms and hearing his calm voice, soothed her. She slowly fluttered open her sparkly eyes and stared at her saviour. Yunho gave a smile, still holding her in his arms.

“Don’t worry you’re safe now. I’m a good boy,” Yunho claimed, patting his chest lightly as he smiled at her.

His parents who were already seated beside him chuckled at their son’s words. They were silently watching the interaction between their son and the little girl. She just stared innocently at him, blinking her eyes a few times.

“My name is Yunho. What is yours?” he started a conversation.

The girl stayed silent, wiping traces of tears from her chubby cheeks. Yunho was starting to feel disappointed to hear no reply from her, but he didn’t want to give up. He gave a warm smile at her.

“Since you won’t tell me your name, I’ll give you a name then,” he suggested. “How about… baby?”

“Why would you name her that Yunho-ah?” Misun asked, giggling at how cute the two kids look.

“Because she looks younger than me and she’s cute just like a baby,” he replied, never taking his eyes off the girl.

“She really does look young. Probably three or four years old.” She replied.

His father smiled proudly and patted his shoulders. “I’m proud of you, you were very brave back then. But be careful next time,” Hyundong praised.

“I’ll call you baby okay?” Yunho asked, her hair gently.

The girl still didn’t utter a single word. Instead, she smiled at him. Yunho felt his heart skipped a beat to see the smile on her face. She probably agreed to that name. “Baby it is,” he announced.

“T-tt-hank you… o-ppa,” a soft mumble escaped from her lips as Yunho stared back at the girl.

“Omma! Baby called me oppa!” he yelped excitedly, hugging the little girl tighter in his arms. “She’s so cute!” he pinched her cheeks.

Jung Misun and Jung Hyundong smiled warmly at the sight before them. They could sense that Yunho was instantly attached to the little girl in his arms. The nine-year-old boy really loves little kids and babies, but they never saw him giving this much interest to anyone before. Maybe even more attention than the one he gave to his own sister Jihye.

‘Baby’ snuggled in Yunho’s embrace, making herself comfortable. Not long after, she fell asleep with him holding onto her. Misun offered to hold the little girl, but Yunho refused saying that it might wake her up. He just held her securely in his arms, gazing intently at ‘his baby’.

“Ji Eun-ah, are you okay?” a voice suddenly yelped as they saw a man running over to them. “My sweetheart Ji Eun, are you okay? I’ve been looking everywhere for you!”

Yunho stared curiously at the man before him as he held Ji Eun tighter in his embrace. “Who are you?” he asked, in a protective tone.

“I’m her father, what happened to my daughter?” Lee Sugeun replied, his daughter’s hair lovingly. Ji Eun was awakened from her sleep from the touch and rubbed her eyes sleepily.

“Your daughter was almost hit by a car, but luckily my son saved her,” Hyundong answered for him.

Yunho slightly loosened his embrace on Ji Eun upon hearing Sugeun’s statement. But suddenly Ji Eun jumped from his arms and into her father’s embrace. His heart sank, feeling the emptiness when she left his arms. “Daddy!” she cried out.

“Ji Eun-ah sweety, don’t ever run like that again I’m so worried,” Sugeun sighed in relief, hugging his daughter lovingly.

The Jung couple saw the frown on Yunho’s face as her father picked her up, ready to leave. “Thank you so much for saving my daughter young man. She means everything to me, thank you,” Sugeun patted Yunho’s head and bowed to his parents.

Yunho bowed back, but his eyes never left Ji Eun’s as she started to move further from him. Suddenly, Ji Eun whispered something in her father’s ears. Sugeun glanced at Yunho and smiled as he placed her on her feet.

Yunho widened his eyes when he saw the little girl running towards him. She held one of his hands with her small hands, tugging onto it slightly. The boy kneeled to her eye level and smiled questioningly at her.

“Yes, baby?” he asked, squeezing her small hands gently in his.

“Baby thank oppa.” She said with her baby-talk and kissed his cheek. “Pai pai Yunnie oppa!” Ji Eun giggled and waved frantically at him as she ran towards her father.

Yunho touched the spot where she kissed him as his cheeks were starting to blush. He smiled to himself and waved back to the little girl. “Bye bye baby!” My baby…

“Wah~ the knight in shining armour finally received his gift. That was quite a kiss isn’t it?” Misun son.

“Eh? Anniyo omma!” the boy shook his head and ran off, continuing his game with his friends.

[End]


 

“And ever since that day, you always went to the park to play. You were hoping to meet Ji Eun everyday there. Her mother seemed to notice how attached you were to her daughter and suggested that you both get married when you are grown up,” Misun ended her explanation.

“Her mother? You mean Lee Yejin?” he asked as his mother nodded.

“We had a lot of thinking, but we agreed to it after seeing the two of you interact though you have quite an age difference. You guys look so cute!” his mother squealed.

Yunho smiled to himself and blushed slightly. “That explains it all. But why didn’t I remember any of it?” he asked.

“Maybe you forgot after we moved to Seoul. You’ve been busy with school and all. Now, you’re busy with work. There’s a lot going on in your mind to be able to remember that past I guess,” she concluded.

“Ji Eun probably couldn’t remember it because she was still little at the time.” He reasoned. “Thanks omma,” he hugged Misun.

“Don’t thank me, I really think both of you are soulmates. Even though you might already forget her, your heart does not. Maybe that’s why you felt something when Ji Eun almost got an accident before you met,” she added, nodding to herself.

Yunho placed his palm where his heart was, feeling his own heartbeats. “No wonder I felt like I’ve known her for years, we do know each other,” My baby…

“She might not say that she loves you too, but I know that she does feel the same way.” Misun reminded. “By the way, why didn’t you bring Ji Eun along? I miss her so much,”

“Well I just remembered to ask you this. I’ll bring her along next time,” he replied.


Ji Eun went to open the door when she heard the doorbell. She was hoping that it would be her husband, coming home early for that day. Her wide smile turned into a slight frown when she saw and unknown man in front of the door.

The delivery man smiled at her and checked the piece of paper in his hand, his other hand was holding onto a single stem of red rose. “Are you Jung Ji Eun?” he asked.

Ji Eun nodded as an answer. “Can I help you?” she asked.

“I was asked to send this flower to you,” he said and handed the single stem of rose to her.

She hesitantly took the flower and stared curiously at it, tilting her head to the side in confusion. “Who is it from?”

“I don’t know miss, my job is only to deliver this flower to you,” the delivery man replied, shrugging his shoulders.

“Thank you then,” she bowed to the man as he left. “Maybe it’s from Yunho oppa?” she guessed, not knowing who sent the flower.


 

here's the update! thanks so much for all the comments. and than for those who read and subscribed to the story. i hope you will enjoy this chapter too.

thnx for the concern and patience to wait for my next update. i've been busy. i had a great time^^*~

keep the comments coming! thnx~ <3