Bounded By Hearts?

Something Called Love...

Day by day, it’s been three months since Yunho and Ji Eun got married. They have been going through their daily routines without any problems. Both were busy to even think about each other. Ji Eun were preparing very hard for her exams while Yunho was busy going back and forth to Japan for business matters. But each time they saw the wedding ring, they realized that they were already bounded with one another.

Bounded by law. Bounded by family. But could they possibly be bounded by their hearts?

Yunho who always wears his ring, tried to hide his real status since it was not yet to be known by the public. Ji Eun on the other hand, barely wears the ring because of school and friends. But that day was an exception; the ring was sparkling beautifully on her finger as she went out with Ayumi in the weekends.

Could what happen that day possibly be a proof that they might be bounded by hearts?

Ji Eun and Ayumi was waiting for the lights to go red so that they could cross the road. As soon as the lights turned red, Ji Eun crossed the road by herself, leaving Ayumi alone by the sidewalk.

She didn’t notice a black car speeding towards her way. The driver honked to get her attention as she slowly turned her head towards the noise.

“Ji Eun-ah, watch out!” Ayumi yelled, freezing in her position in shock.

Ji Eun widened her eyes, but there was nothing she could do as he foot seemed glued to the road. She just watched the car coming closer and closer as her heart beats faster and faster.

SCREECH!!!

AAHH!!!


PRANGG!!

“Aish…” Yunho groaned, as he accidentally knocked down his cup of hot coffee. It shattered into pieces as it hit the floor.

Jaejoong apologized as soon as he saw the glass. “Yunho-ah, I’m sorry… are you okay?”

“No that’s okay, it’s my fault anyway.” Yunho shrugged off, wiping the coffee on his desk.

“What’s wrong ?” Jaejoong, his childhood friend asked when he saw Yunho’s worried expression. He seemed to be concerned of something rather than the spilled hot coffee.

“N-nothing, I just have strange feeling.” He replied, holding onto his chest. His heart was beating very fast without a reason. Yunho was starting to get worried.

“You’re feeling sick?” Jaejoong asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

“No.” Yunho shook his head. He immediately fished out his phone and dialed a number. His gut feeling was telling him to do so.

The phone was answered after it rang three times. “Hello omma, where are you right now?”

“Having lunch with Jihye. Why Yunho-ah?” Misun replied on the other line.

“You guys are doing fine right?”

“Yes, we are all fine. What’s wrong Yunho?” Misun asked in concern when she heard her son’s tone of voice. Yunho sounded anxious and worried, not the usual behaviour coming from her only son.

“Nothing omma. I’ll call you back later.” He hung up and dialed another number. Jaejoong were staring at him curiously. “Hello appa?”

“Yes Yunho-ah, I’m in a meeting right now. Something wrong?” Hyundong whispered as he was really holding a meeting in Japan right now.

“…Urm, nothing. Are you doing fine in Japan?”

“Yes, I’m doing well. I’ll be back tomorrow.” His father replied. Yunho hung up and sighed heavily while leaning against the chair.

“Something wrong?” Jaejoong decided to ask after a moment of silence.

Yunho held onto his chest, his heart was still beating furiously. “I… I just had a bad feeling about something. Everyone is doing fine, but my feelings tells me otherwise…”

Jaejoong and Yunho exchanged glances with each other. After some time, Jaejoong snapped his fingers as if having an idea. “Maybe… it’s your wife?” he reminded.

Then it struck him, he completely forgot that he has a wife and she’s currently staying far away from him. He wasn’t even sure if his feelings were right. “But it couldn’t be her… we’ve never met before.” Yunho stared at his ring, silently hoping that nothing bad will happen.


“Are you okay miss?” a male asked.

Ji Eun opened her eyes slowly when she felt like she was lifted  in the air. She was face to face with a male wearing a business suit. He had a gentle look on his handsome face. Ji Eun was speechless as she stared at him.

Since she’s not answering, the man examined her and found that her knee was injured. “Your knee is bleeding.” He said and placed her on a nearby bench.

“Ji Eun-ah!” Ayumi came running after her from the other side of the road. “Thank goodness you’re alright. The car almost hit you!” she exclaimed while bowing at the man.

“W-what happened?” Ji Eun asked, waking up from her trance.

“You’re almost hit by a car. I saved you before the car could hit you.” The man replied, wrapping her knee wound with a scarf.

“A-aah ouch! That hurts.” She whined. “Thank you for saving me sir.”

“You should be more careful next time.” The man advised as she nodded. He smiled to himself while mumbling, “Cute.”

“What was that?” Ji Eun asked.

“Eh? Nothing. Maybe I should bring you to a clinic.” He suggested.

“No, that’s okay. I’ll go there with my friend. Sorry to disturb you.” She bowed at him.

“Well, I should go then. Take care.” He glanced at his watch, smiled and left.

“Thank you again sir!” she waved goodbye and turned to look at Ayumi. “Yah, what’s wrong with you?”

“That guy is so cute! Why didn’t you ask for his name or number?” Ayumi exclaimed.

Ji Eun rolled her eyes. “No need for that. Besides, I’m married to someone remember?” she showed her the wedding ring again.

“Not for you! For me!”

“Whatever. Now are you going to help me to the clinic or what?” Ji Eun rolled her eyes and held out her hand to Ayumi.


Yunho came home that day to be greeted by his mother who had a wide smile on her face. “Yunho-ah, I’ve just called your in-laws.”

Her mother’s instinct told her to do so when she realized her son’s strange behaviour earlier that day. “They said that Ji Eun was involved in an accident.”

“What? What happened? How’s she doing right now?” Yunho asked, not bothering to sit down or change his clothes.

Misun pulled Yunho to sit down beside her. “She is fine. Just a cut and bruise on her knee.” She patted his shoulders with a smile. “Calm down Yunho-ah, I know you care for Ji Eun.”

“E-eh? W-what… n-no! I was just…” Yunho tried to find excuses as he scratched his non-itchy head.

“Aww, my son is such a sweetheart. You haven’t met her, yet you’re already concerned about her.” Misun smiled proudly. Heaven knew how happy she was when she realized that. It’s a sign that Yunho might accept the marriage with open arms.

“That’s not it omma… i-it’s just a gut feeling.” Yunho still stayed in denial. He couldn’t believe that his feelings were right about his spouse.

“Now that’s what I call a responsible husband. Ji Eun would be really happy to know that you cared.” Misun added. “I’ve told that you personally asked about her condition.”

“Well, I’ll be in my room if you need me.” Yunho excused himself as he couldn’t bear hearing more praises from his mother. He smiled to himself in relief, knowing that his spouse was doing fine.


“Tch, weird. They haven’t even met, yet he personally asked about her?” Yejin scoffed and hung up the phone call by Jung Misun. She went up to her room and didn’t even bother to inform the message sent by Misun to Ji Eun.

-

“Ouch! Dad, slowly please. It hurts.” Ji Eun winced, as Sugeun was replacing the bandage on her knee.

“You should be more careful sweety. You don’t know how worried I was when I got your call.” Sugeun advised as he blew air to the wound to ease the pain.

“Kwenchana dad. I’m fine now right?” Ji Eun smiled and slowly stood up, showing him that she was alright. “By the way, who called just now?” she mentioned.

“I don’t know. Maybe your mother’s friend.” The father shrugged his shoulders as he finished tending to her wound.


chapter for the day!

hope you enjoy! thanks for the ones who subscribed and commented!