Ready Or Not?

Something Called Love...

“Ji Eun-ah, I miss you so much!” Ayumi greeted her best friend with a friendly hug.

Jihye, Ayumi and Ji Eun were hanging out after lunch for some girl’s quality time. It was all Jihye’s idea for them to spend time together. Ever since she was dating Changmin, Ayumi’s been a really good friend of hers too.

“So, how’s Mrs. Jung Yunho doing?” she asked, teasing her married best friend.

“I’m fine,” Ji Eun replied.

“How did you manage to get permission to hang out with us?” her best friend continued.

“Oppa is fine with it since I told that Jihye unnie will be here too,” she answered, sipping on her drink. “What have you been doing lately?”

“Busy with college and stuff. Jihye unnie and Changmin oppa studies there too,”

“Oh, wow. It must be fun, college,” she mumbled, wondering why she herself didn’t pursue the same path.

“Yeah, fun sort of. Aside from the overloading assignments, it’s fine. We made friends too,” Jihye answered for her.

Ji Eun smiled but she couldn’t help to feel slightly jealous with the two of them. Her initial plan before she knew about her wedding was to go to college, graduate and helped with her father’s business. But now, all those were just a past since she got married to Yunho nine months ago.

“I totally forgot about going to college after I got married…” she mumbled under her breath.

Jihye and Ayumi heard her and felt sorry for her. “It’s okay honey, having a family and taking care of your husband is a lot of work too,” the oldest girl comforted.

“Besides Ji Eun-ah, I’ve never seen you happier than this for the past twelve years we’ve been friends,” Ayumi added, mentioning the fact about her evil mother.

Happy. It’s true that she felt very happy with the marriage. Having Yunho by her side and his supportive family were more than what she asked for. She was really thankful for this marriage. Ji Eun was finally able to get away from being abused by her mother.

“Enough about Ji Eun, what about you unnie? How’s your relationship with my cousin?” Ayumi nudged the girl who was sipping her latte.

“He finally confessed that he likes me after Yunho oppa interrogated him on our double date,” Jihye mumbled in return, turning slightly pink at the thought.

“Ooh, I would love to see that battle,” Ayumi giggled.

“Honestly, his cold treatments to me seems like he doesn’t even have any interest in me. I was starting to wonder why he dated me. But now everything’s clear to me,” she explained while frowning and slowly smiling to herself.

“That’s Shim Changmin alright, he will act cold to girls that he likes. Don’t worry unnie, just be yourself,” Ayumi gave an advice as Jihye made a mental note to herself.

Ji Eun was contemplating to ask Jihye a question. “Unnie…” she started. “How do you know that you love someone?”

Jihye raised an eyebrow at the sudden question, but she answered nevertheless. “Hmm, when your heart beats rapidly when he looks into your eyes or when he’s close to you,” she replied.

Ji Eun started comparing the fact with her situation with her husband. She does get nervous when Yunho was so close to her and everytime he looked deeply into her eyes, she felt like he was looking right into her soul.

“When you always want him close by your side and make him happy,” Ayumi continued.

She always waits impatiently for her husband to come home from work, she even had to surpress herself from calling his office too many times. She always wanted to make sure that he didn’t skip any meals and what time he would be back. Ji Eun never fails to greet him home with a warm smile, hoping that it would at least lessen his tiredness.

“When you just feel right whenever you’re with him.” She finished. “Why do you ask?”

Ji Eun analysed all the facts from Jihye and came with the result that she probably is in love with Yunho. There’s no denying anymore, besides he’s her husband. What else would the feeling be other than love? She knew it is love all along, but she didn’t have any confidence about it.

“Nothing, I just wanted to make sure,” she replied.

Jihye added another important comment, “But sometimes, you don’t need all those to know that you’re in love. Your heart will know, trust it,” she advised.

“Arasso, thanks unnie,” Ji Eun smiled in relief.

“Speaking of love, may I ask a personal question to you?” Jihye approached slowly with her sensitive question as soon as Ayumi excused herself to the washroom.

Ji Eun just cutely nodded, motioning her to continue. “Well you see… omma has been bugging me to ask you this. When would we be hearing good news from the two of you?” she asked.

“Huh? Good news?”  the younger girl tilted her head in confusion.

“Yeah, something like you’re getting pregnant and omma is gonna get a grandchildren type of good news?” Jihye explained further.

“Oh, that…” Ji Eun mumbled as her sister-in-law had a hopeful look on her face. “Honestly… we uhm… h-haven’t done ‘i-it’ yet…” she stuttered uncomfortably, blushing.

“What? But you guys have been married for months!” Jihye gasped, making Ji Eun jumped in her seat.

“You guys sleep on the same bed right?”

Ji Eun nodded like kid in reply.

“There’s skinship between you two right? Like hugging and kissing,”

the younger girl nodded in agreement.

“Are you guys fighting?”

Ji Eun shook her head.

Seeing how uncomfortable Ji Eun gets with the sudden question, Jihye was starting to feel guilty for asking that question. They really shouldn’t pressure the two couple considering the fact that Ji Eun is still young and she is new with this issue.

“I’m sorry… but it’s not really shocking. You’re so cute, naïve and innocent, Yunho oppa probably doesn’t have the guts to make the move,” Jihye tried to find an excuse.

“It’s not a bad thing right?” Ji Eun guessed. I don’t have to do it if I’m not ready right?

“Of course not, marriage is more than just that. There’s commitment, honesty and you have to believe in each other. You can still be happy without doing it,” her sister-in-law tried to explain carefully.

“But oppa’s been acting weirdly lately…” Ji Eun started to recall what happened. “He’s been more touchy, I mean more skinships sort of… more sensitive too,”

“It’s obvious that he wants you. Aigoo~ you’re too innocent Ji Eun-ah…” Jihye mumbled under her breath so that Ji Eun couldn’t hear her.

“He wants me?” Apparently she did hear her. “You mean he wants to…” Ji Eun tried to guess as Jihye just nodded before the word could slip out .

“You sound like you’re already married unnie. How come you know so much?” a question popped in Ji Eun’s mind.

“Ah, that. Well, I study psychology,” she simply replied. And you’re too innocent sometimes…

“What am I supposed to do?” Ji Eun asked, frowning out of confusion.

“Yunho oppa will understand, don’t rush. You don’t have to do what you don’t want to,” Jihye advised. “Aish, I sound like omma already,”

“Arasso, thanks unnie,” Ji Eun smiled and hugged her.


Yunho was sitting in the living room watching TV while Ji Eun was tidying up the kitchen after dinner. She was moving around rather slowly that day since she felt very tired. She walked to the couch where her husband was with a plate of fruits in her hands.

The wife placed the plate on the coffee table and slumped herself on the couch next to her husband. Ji Eun was rather quite that day as he heard a heavy sigh coming from her. Yunho glanced at her, seeing her rubbing her back with her eyes closed.

“Baby…” he called out, scooting closer to his spouse. “You look tired, are you okay?” he asked in concern.

Ji Eun slowly opened her eyes and smiled up at him. “I’m fine oppa, just a little exhausted,” she replied weakly.

“Come here,” Yunho beckoned, pulling her up to sit on his lap. She was sitting sideways on his lap as she tried to get off but he stopped her. “Just stay,”

“Oppa…” she whined, too tired to argue with him and stayed on his lap in the end.

“Just what did you do today that made you so exhausted?” Yunho asked, as he slowly her hair.

Her husband was being affectionate that night, but Ji Eun didn’t protest as she made herself comfortable on his lap. “I woke up, got ready and woke you up. Then I prepared breakfast, bid you goodbye and did the laundry. I vacuumed and mopped the whole house and cooked lunch,” she stopped, taking another deep breath to list down her chores that day.

Yunho pulled her head to lean on his shoulder as she continued. “I hung out with Jihye unnie and Ayumi after lunch. Then, I folded and ironed all the clothes and took out the trash. By the time I finished that, it’s already time for you to come home, so I prepared dinner. I cleaned up the kitchen just now and there’s desert,” she finished, pointing to the plate of fruits on the coffee table.

Her husband felt quite sorry to hear that, he never knew that house chores could be so tiring. No wonder they used to have a lot maids back at the Jungs. “I’m sorry baby, it must be so tiring. You could ask for my help next time okay?” he suggested.

Ji Eun slowly shook her head, brushing her hair to his chin. “Anniyo, you must be tired too oppa. You worked all day long at the office,” she refused.

“Aigoo~ that’s ok. I should help you once in a while or else I’ll be hearing nonstop whining from you,” he teased, pinching her cheek lightly.

Ji Eun lifted her head and pouted at him, “I’m not whining!”

Before she could say another word, Yunho popped a strawberry in to silence her. “Just eat, you need the energy,” he said as he popped one into his own mouth.

The wife munched and swallowed on the sweet fruit and leaned her head back to his shoulder. “My head is dizzy…” she mumbled.

Yunho slowly massaged her temples, as she closed her eyes feeling much more relaxed. She was still facing him sideways as she pulled her knees closer to her body. Just as her spouse stopped, she mumbled some more. “My back hurts too,”

“Am I a massage chair?” Yunho chuckled as he started to massage her back.

Ji Eun just smiled, eyes still closed as she told him specifically on where to massage her. “Not there, lower.” She ordered.

Yunho started to rub her back lower and lower until he reached her waist. She stopped talking and let out a low sigh, feeling the pain going away slowly. Yunho’s breathing started to hitch suddenly as Ji Eun moved on his lap, making herself comfortable.

It was him who was starting to feel uncomfortable when he realized the position they’re in. Ji Eun had her arms around his neck and her face was buried at the crook of his neck. Her warm breath tickling his neck and the occasional long sigh coming from her almost made him froze in position.

“Mmm… it feels much better oppa,” she sighed, unaware that her actions were stirring the mind or her husband.

Heat started to creep up his cheeks when he realized his right hand was placed on her bare thigh. He didn’t notice that her skirt was lifted up a little bit when she moved on his lap. Yunho immediately stopped and took his hands away from her, before he started to lose control.

“Why did you stop oppa?” Ji Eun asked innocently, lifting her head to face him.

Truth was, the naïve and innocent wife didn’t realize that she had made her husband feeling uncomfortable. “I… uhm… I’m done,” he stuttered, their faces that where inches apart from each other didn’t help either.

“Thanks,” she replied with a smile and leaned back on his shoulder.

Yunho started shoving the fruits down his throat to calm himself down. In just a few seconds, the plate was empty. Ji Eun stood up, ready to take the plate back to the kitchen when she was suddenly pulled by the wrist.

She gasped as she fell on his lap. “O-oppa… why are you looking at me like that?” she asked, fearing for the worst.

Yunho held the back of her neck as he slowly pulled her closer and brushed his lips against hers. Ji Eun widened her eyes at that action, but it didn’t take her long to drown in the kiss. Her husband was kissing her gently, the kind of kiss she was used to, so she wrapped her arms around his neck comfortably.

Yunho wrapped both his arms around her waist as he pulled her closer, now she was sitting comfortably on his lap, facing him. He tilted his head to the side, deepening the kiss. It was always the husband who was in control of their kisses, since he was her first kiss and she was unexperienced.

Both of them were drowned in the kiss, not noticing what was happening around them. He was unconsciously rubbing her back with one hand while the other one found it’s way under her blouse. She didn’t notice the move as her husband started to caress her bare skin from under the blouse.

His hand was caressing her back and moving upwards, tugging slightly to the piece of clothing it just came in contact. He pulled away from the kiss and pulled her closer as he gave a peck on her neck. It was then when Ji Eun widened her eyes and backed away from him.

“O-oppa… s-stop it,” she stuttered, pushing his hands away from her.

Yunho was still in a daze as he stared back up at his wife, seeing the petrified look on her face. Before he could say a word, she stood up from his lap and sprinted to the bedroom. It took him a few minutes to register what had just happened, he widened his eyes in shock after he realized what he just did.

“Oh god, I scared her!” Yunho gasped. “What the hell was wrong with you Yunho-ah?” he scolded himself, running his fingers through his hair in exasperation. 

Yunho stepped inside the room to find his wife sitting at the edge of the bed. He approached her slowly and sat behind her. He lifted up his hand, hesitantly moving it closer to touch her shoulder. Ji Eun jumped, slightly shocked when she felt his touch. She started to move even further away from him.

“Baby…” Yunho called, feeling a wave of guiltiness hit him. “I-I’m sorry… are y-you okay?” he asked.

His wife was nervously playing with her fingers, millions of different thoughts were pouring in her mind. Truth was, she’s still not ready and scared about it. But she was also worried that she might disappoint him.

“I really didn’t mean to scare you. I’m sorry…” Yunho apologized over and over again, mentally scolding himself for scaring his wife.

Ji Eun scooted away from him, moving to her side of the bed. She lied down and pulled the covers over her as she closed her eyes tightly, planning to sleep. Her husband felt anxious at her silence, but he sighed in defeat as he too took his place beside her. He was now lying on his side, gazing at his wife who had her back facing him.

Yunho wrapped his arms around her waist as he felt her stiffened from his action. He slowly pulled her closer to him, embracing her figure close to his chest. Ji Eun was biting her lips out of nervousness, too afraid to even make a single move.

Her husband leaned closer and whispered in her ear. “Goodnight baby, I love you,” he mumbled and kissed her cheek gently.

The wife had her eyes closed, but she wasn’t even asleep. She waited and waited until she felt that her husband was fully asleep before turning around to face him. He still had his arms locked securely around her waist. She felt sorry for her actions earlier, but she couldn’t help but to be scared and shocked when he made that move on her.

She knew that sooner or later she would have to give in to him, but she wasn’t sure if she was ready for it. She was scared, but she pitied her husband in a way. Ji Eun was determined to let the day come soon, they both loved each other anyways and she was very sure that he would take very good care of her.

“I love you too oppa,” she finally confessed, kissing her sleeping husband gently on his lips before snuggling closer to him. I’m sorry…

here's the next chapter! thanks for all the support and love for this story, i really appreciate them. i love reading your comments and reactions. will try my best for better chapters in the future.

in the mean time, enjoy this update! <3