Friends? I Guess...

Something Called Love...

Ji Eun was tucking the two-year-old comfortably in her blanket while Yunho was closing the curtains. They were putting little Yuri to sleep. The little girl stared innocently at the couple while hugging tightly onto her plushie.

“Do I have to read a bedtime story for you?” Yunho suggested, rummaging her backpack for any storybooks.

“No story. I’m sleepy…” Yuri mumbled, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

“Well good night then sweetie,” Ji Eun wished as she kissed the little girl’s forehead.

Yuri nodded as Yunho her hair lovingly. “Sweet dreams little one,”

The couple switched off the light and slowly closed the door to the guest room as they headed to their own room. Ji Eun was grinning widely while brushing her hair in front of the mirror, she felt an unexplained happiness all of a sudden and her husband noticed that.

“Why are you smiling about?” he chuckled, slumping his body onto the bed.

“Yuri’s the most adorable thing isn’t she?” Ji Eun squealed, walking over to the bed.

Yunho smiled in return and pulled his wife to the bed. “Yes, but you’re more adorable than her,” he complimented and pecked her lips.

The wife immediately pulled the covers over her. Once she placed her head on the pillow, she instantly closed her eyes to sleep. Yunho on the other hand was talking to himself about having a baby of their own without even realizing that Ji Eun was fast asleep.

“But I’m sure our babies will be cuter than her. I mean, they will get both of our looks right baby?” he glanced at Ji Eun for a response to find the princess was asleep.

“How come she fall asleep so fast? And I was talking to myself all this time?” the husband sighed heavily as he wrapped his arms around her before falling asleep himself.

***

Sounds of little footsteps and something being softly dragged on the floor was heard at the Jung’s young couple new house. Then the door to the couple room suddenly creaked open as hurried footsteps and heavy breathing was heard approaching the bed. The figure got under the covers and crawled in between the couple before resting herself comfortably with the soft toy in her hands.

Yunho felt the presence of something small and human-like form as he abruptly shot open his eyes. He almost got a heart attack to see Yuri and her plushie in his bed. The little girl was holding tightly onto her toy and snuggling warmly near his wife.

“Yuri? What are you doing here?” he asked, in a rather annoyed tone.

His shocked tone woke up his wife as she stared questioningly at him. He frantically pointed to the little figure near Ji Eun while switching on the light. Ji Eun brushed hair off her face as she stared at Yuri.

“Sweetie, how did you get here?” she softly asked, not wanting to scare the little girl.

Yuri sat up while holding tightly to her toy, her eyes began to water as she started sobbing quietly. “Y-Yuri… s-scared. Room too… dark…” she mumbled.

Ji Eun pulled Yuri onto her lap while softly her hair. “That’s okay honey, we’re here. You can sleep here tonight,” she comforted the little girl in her hug.

Yunho on the other hand was rubbing his sleepy face as he sighed heavily. All of a sudden he received a smack from his wife. “What was that for?!” he yelped.

“I told you she’ll get scared sleeping alone!” the wife scolded, still comforting the toddler in her arms.

“Eh? How is this my fault?” Yunho stared incredously at her.

Yuri turned her head at the couple fight. Then she saw a huge teddy bear in one corner of the room. She ran towards the teddy in amusement. “Wah~ big teddy!” she giggled, hugging the soft toy.

All of a sudden, Yuri dragged the teddy with her to the bed. With that small figure, it was difficult for her to do so. Ji Eun ordered Yunho to put the teddy on the bed. The sleepy husband reluctantly followed her orders.

“Yuri like this. Can I have it?” she asked, eyes never left the huge toy.

“NO!” Yunho suddenly yelped, pulling the teddy away from Yuri.

The little girl stared in shock at him as her eyes began to water again. Ji Eun saw that and glared at her husband. “But I gave this for your birthday!” he reasoned.

“It’s just for a while oppa,” Ji Eun firmly stated. “It’s mine Yuri-ah. You can play with it,” she gave permission.

“Arasso, Yuri just want to sleep with big teddy,” she nodded obediently and went to grab back the teddy from Yunho who was pouting.

She placed the teddy beside her as she leaned beside Ji Eun to sleep. “Goodnight omma… appa…” she mumbled in her sleep.

Ji Eun exchanged smiles with Yunho and tucked the girl under the covers as she too, went to sleep. Now there’s only a small space left for Yunho to sleep on the bed as he tried to squeeze in beside the huge teddy. He began to regret buying his wife the present. What he didn’t like the most was the distance between him and his wife. She felt like miles away from him with the Yuri and teddy barrier in between them.


 

The next morning, Yunho was the first one to wake up. He got himself ready for work while the two female was still in a deep sleep. He glanced at the clock and sighed heavily. Ji Eun would usually wake up earlier than him on weekdays. Now, he was all dressed up and yet she was still fast asleep.

“Baby, wake up. It’s late,” he gently shook his wife.

Ji Eun softly fluttered her eyes open as she yawned. She held onto Yunho for support as she got off the bed. She was still half asleep when she asked for the time. “It’s 8 and and I have a very important meeting at 10,” he replied.

“What?! Oppa, why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” she yelped, running to get her towel.

“You looked so exhausted. I thought I’d let you sleep in for a while. I didn’t know you’ll take so long,” he reasoned.

The wife just grumbled in frustration as she ran towards the bathroom to get herself ready. It took her fifteen minutes to get herself ready as she ran with all her might to prepare breakfast. Yunho was casually reading the morning newspaper while waiting for her to serve the breakfast. He was starting to feel sorry watching her in a panic state.

He felt a sudden tug at his blazer as he lowered his head to look at Yuri who just woke up from all the chaos.

“Morning Yuri-ah,” Yunho greeted as he lifted her up onto the kitchen counter.

Yuri yawned and rubbed her sleepy eyes while mumbling in return. “Morning appa,”

“Appa?” Yunho questioned, trying to ask confirmation to the word he heard last night.

She nodded while hugging tightly onto her teddy. Hey eyes immediately went to Ji Eun who was busy on the stove. “Omma, paegopta…” she whined, rubbing her tummy.

“Aish, oppa, if you wake me up earlier I can get this ready faster. Now, even Yuri hasn’t been taken care of yet.” Ji Eun was grumbling in frustration that morning.

Her sudden change of attitude shock Yunho as he went silent. Yuri on the other hand waited patiently while dangling her feet at the kitchen counter. Ji Eun was running back and forth the kitchen when she suddenly stopped.

“Ah!” she yelped, holding onto her abdomen.

Yunho quickly ran to her side. “Kwenchana baby? Maybe you’re working too hard. Slow down,” he advised in concern.

“I’m fine. Maybe because I haven’t eaten anything yet. Breakfast is ready anyways,” she shook her head as she served the breakfast.

Yunho finished his breakfast that morning to show how much he appreciate her cooking. As he opened the door to leave, there was a delivery boy standing in front of his door. “Who are you?” he asked.

“Erm… is Jung Ji Eun in?” the boy timidly asked, scared at the glare given by Yunho.

Ji Eun appeared a few seconds after with Yuri in her arms. “As usual ma’am,” they boy handed her a stem of red rose before leaving in a hurry.

“Who was that from?” Yunho asked, jealousy was starting to build up inside him.

“I don’t know… but I’ve been receiving this almost everyday,” Ji Eun shrugged her shoulders as Yuri was playing with the flower.

“I’m not liking this. This has been going on for a while. Aren’t you curious?”

“I’m curious. But the boy wouldn’t tell who sent this. At first I thought it was you, but you denied. Maybe I have a secret admirer?” she stated her guess.

Yunho grabbed the flower from Yuri and threw it into the dustbin. “But you’re MY wife. Don’t take any more flowers from the delivery boy. I’ll buy you flowers everyday,” he reminded before giving a peck to Ji Eun and leaving in a hurry.

“Appa mad at flowers?” Yuri asked as she tilted her head to the side.


 

Ji Eun was peeling mangoes for Yuri while the little girl was playing with her toys. They were at her in-laws house that afternoon because Misun requested to meet Ji Eun after such a long time.

“Aigoo~ such a cute girl,” Misun pinched Yuri’s chubby cheeks. “I’m glad you accepted to take care of Yuri Ji Eun-ah. At least you won’t be so bored,”

“She’s really a handful. But she’s obedient and smart right honey?” Ji Eun smiled as she ruffled the toddler’s hair.

“Omma, who is this?” Yuri asked, staring at Misun with her innocent eyes.

“I’m just like your granny. Call me halmoni,” Misun requested. “She calls you omma?”

“Halmoni?” the girl repeated before opening as Ji Eun fed her the mango.

“Dae, she calls me omma and Yunho oppa ‘appa’ out of the blue. I guess she got used to that,” Ji Eun nodded.

They finished five mangoes instantly as Ji Eun went to look for more in the kitchen. One of the maids saw her rummaging in the fridge and asked. “May I help you Mrs. Jung?”

“Oh hi there. Just call me Ji Eun I’m much younger anyways,” she bowed politely in return. “Are there any more mangoes?”

“We just bought them yesterday. Here,” the maid handed her the fruits.

Ji Eun walked back to the living room with a basketful of mangoes as Misun stared in shock. “Are you going to peel all of those?”

“They’re really sweet. Can I bring some home omma?” Ji Eun asked as she started to peel another one.

She suddenly dropped the knife while peeling the fruits and held onto her stomach. “Ouch!” Ji Eun yelped, catching the attention of her mother in-law.

“Are you okay sweety? Did you cut your finger?” Misun asked in concern.

“N-no… I’m f-fine…”

Misun called out the maid to bring a glass of water as she placed Ji Eun to lean on the couch. “You must be working extra hard with Yuri around. Let the maids finish up those,” she reasoned and ordered to the maid to continue peeling the fruits.

“Omma… kwenchana?” Yuri walked over to Ji Eun in concern.

“I’m fine honey. I’m just tired…” she smiled in assurance and the girl’s hair.

Yunho was having his lunchbreak when suddenly there was a knock on his door. “Taeyeon, I already told you that no meetings on my lunchbreak,” he mumbled while sipping his coffee.

“How about a visitor?” the person who entered asked.

Yunho looked up when he heard a voice that didn’t belong to his secretary. He sighed heavily in return whne he saw Park Soojin standing in his office again. “What do you want now?” he asked, feeling frustrated with her games.

“I just came to… properly apologise and fix things with you…” she replied, asking for sympathy.

“what part of ‘I’m already married’ that you don’ understand? Can’t you just accept that we can never be together again?” he asked, raising his voice a little.

“I know. I understood all of them. I was thinking about that the whole night and… I’m sorry for everything,” she slowly approached his table. “I know that we can never be together again. But can’t we at least stay as friends?” she tried to compromise.

“Friends?” Yunho repeated that word.

He couldn’t believe what he was hearing from her. He knew Park Soojin well and she wouldn’t give up easily on something that she really wants. Maybe she didn’t really love him like how she claimed because she easily let it go.

“Are you for real?”

“Soojin nodded in return. “I know there’s no way for you to love me back. I just hope that we still have a friendship. She seemed very special to you at how you described her. I hope you’re happy with your marriage,” she wished and bowed before turning around to leave.

“Wait Soojin-ah!” Yunho suddenly stopped her.

Soojin’s back was facing him as she smirked in return. She slowly turned around, keeping that sorry look plastered on her face. “Yes, Yunho?”

“I g-guess… we can be friends,” he said.

another update for this week! please do enjoy this story~ i hope i'll improve my rusty writing skills. as you might already know, i'll only be able to update once a week. so, please stay tuned and enjoy the fic~ <3 ya guys....