Sudden Changes

Something Called Love...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO URI-LEADER JUNG U-KNOW YUNHO! <3

It started to rain as the day continues to get darker. That day didn’t seem to be a good one for Jung Ji Eun as she sat at the bench in the park, staring into space. Her phone has been ringing off the hook as she stared at it sadly. Her husband has been calling her for the past few hours and she didn’t dare to pick up his calls. She’s afraid she’ll burst into tears as soon as she hears his voice.

“Mianhe Yunnie… I need to be with myself for now…” she mumbled sadly.

Ji Eun scrolled the contacts on her phone. She needed a shoulder to lean on right now. She couldn’t call any of Yunho’s family members, this problem will be worst that it already has. She couldn’t call her family either, her protective brother and father will come storming into her house and scold Yunho to death. Her best friend, Ayumi isn’t calm to handle situations like this.

She needed someone who is not very close to her but willing to lean their shoulder for her, a good listener. And that’s when she came to end of her contacts list. Park Yoochun. Would he be willing to lend his shoulder for her to cry on?

***

“Mianhe honey, are you cold?” she softly rubbed her stomach. The rain was pouring hard as Ji Eun held her coat close to her. Her lips were starting to quiver in the cold.

“Don’t get wet in the rain.” A soft voice called out to her, holding an umbrella above her head.

She looked and up and smiled at the owner of the voice. “You came…”

“I’m sorry for being late.” He helped her up and into his awaiting car.

After a few minutes of intense silence in the car, Yoochun decided to speak. “You know, you could’ve catch a cold out there.”

“I was afraid that you couldn’t find me. Sorry.”

Yoochun just smiled warmly in return as he the heater. “So, what’s the matter? You sound so serious over the phone and where’s Yunho-sshi?”

Ji Eun was fidgeting on whether to tell him the truth. Technically, Yoochun is just her husband’s business partner. It’s not right for her to be sharing her personal lives with him.

“Before I tell you, promise me you’ll keep this a secret between us.” She pleaded.

“It sounds serious. Has this got something to do with your husband?” Yoochun nodded softly, agreeing.

“My husband and his ex to be exact. I… I just found out that he hired a private investigator for me.”

“Private investigator? As in to investigate about you? How did you know?” Yoochun snapped his head at her direction, slowing down his car in the heavy rain.

“Can we go someplace comfortable first?”

He glanced at his watch, pulling out his phone in a hurry. It's been approximately four hours since his wife went out, but she's still not home yet. He had already chased away all the people working on his twins' room an hour ago, afraid that his surprise will be ruined. Yunho even tried calling her several times, but all of them were either left unanswered or into the voicemail.

"Baby, where are you?" he sighed heavily to himself, his worries increased by the second.

The fact that Ji Eun was pregnant made him even more anxious. What actually happened to her? Why did she not answer any of his calls? Where did she actually went? He wanted so much to ask her mother, his parents and even her friends, but he didn't want to add in other people's worries with his. Praying that nothing went wrong, he decided to call her number again.

***

“Aren’t you gonna answer that?” Yoochun asked, staring at the device vibrating on the coffee table.

Ji Eun stared blankly at her phone as it’s vibrating towards the edge of the table. Yoochun sighed at he watched her, she completely turned into a statue. He grabbed the phone before it could fall off and looked at the called ID.

“It’s Yunho’s tenth call. Aren’t you going to answer this?” he showed her the phone, face pleading her to pick it up. The pregnant mother only replied with a soft shake of her head as she continued staring into space, deep in thoughts.

“I don’t know what to say if I do pick it up.” She sobbed, wiping her tears with her sleeves.

“I bet he’s very worried about you. His pregnant wife is gone for a few hours. Plus, it’s raining heavily right now.” He pushed the phone towards her again.

“You don’t know how much I’m hurt right now! He lied to me Yoochun! He lied to me ever since we got married!” Ji Eun stood up, slamming her palm on the table. “And to think I trust him wth all my heart…” she sobbed as she slid back on the chair.

“You only heard this from his ex point of view. Why don’t you ask him yourself? I bet he has an explanation for all of this.” He calmly replied as he walked closer towards her.

With shaking hands, Ji Eun reached out for the phone. It was still vibrating as she took a deep breath before answering the phone. “Yoboseyo?”

“Baby? Ji Eun-ah finally you answered! Where have you been?” Yunho sounded so relieved at the other line.

“I went out to meet Soojin. You ex-girlfriend Park Soojin.” She simply replied.

“Why? What does she want now? Did she do anything to you?” Yunho gasped, worries came pouring over him again.

“Oppa… h-how could you… I trusted you…” Ji Eun sobbed into the phone.

Yunho’s face scrunched up in confusion at her words. “What are you talking about Ji Eun-ah?”

“Is it true that you hired a private investigator for me?” she asked, hoping so much that he would deny the accusation.

But her husband kept his silence on the other line. “Oppa answer me!”

“Who told you this?” Yunho’s voice suddenly soften, he sounded defeated somehow.

“So it’s true? I thought there should be no more secrets between us. Why are you hiding this from me?!” Ji Eun yelled into the phone, clutching tightly onto her chest.

Yunho panicked at her sudden reaction and tried to defend himself. “Baby, I can explain. It’s not like what you think!”

“I need to clear my mind. I want to be by myself for a while.” She immediately hung up the call.

Yoochun patted her shoulders lightly, trying to at least calm her breathings. He didn’t forget that she was pregnant and it worried him. Ji Eun leaned in his embrace while crying in his arms, already staining his shirt with her tears.

“I’m sorry for bringing you into all this. I just needed someone to lean on…”

“You can lend my shoulder anytime.” He smiled, softly patting her back. “Don’t you at least think you should go home?”

Ji Eun shook her head. “No! I want to be away from him for a while. I need to clear my mind.” She objected.

“Should I send you to your parent’s house then?” he suggested.

“No, they’ll be worried. I want to fix this matter myself.” Ji Eun pulled away from the hug and mumbled sadly.

“Well, I have to send you somewhere. It’s inappropriate for you to say at my house.” Yoochun reminded that she was Yunho’s wife.

“I think I know where to go.”


At the other side of the city, Yunho was scolding himself after what happened. He was running his fingers through his hair in frustration as he thought of how his wife discovered about the secret. He had been planning to tell her the truth when the time is right because he expected this reaction from her.

“Argh! What should I do now?!” he grumbled in frustration as guilt engulfed him.

Then he remembered that she mentioned his ex. Was she behind all this? But how did she found out about it? Sighing heavily, he reached out for his phone and dialed Soojin’s number. It was like she had expected his call when she replied cheerfully in the other line.

“What did you tell my wife?” he asked her without any greetings.

“What do you mean?”

“Did you tell her about me spying on her? How did you find out?”

“So she told you already? She should know the truth that her husband wasn’t very honest with her.” Soojin felt like jumping in joy that her plan worked.

Yunho shook his head in disbelieve. “What exactly are you planning Soojin-ah? Why are you doing this?”

“I’m guessing she’s gone now right? Great! We could finally be together again…” she finally revealed her true intention.

“There’s no way I’m going back to you! I’m married and my wife’s pregnant!” Yunho was rubbing his temples in frustration.

“I’m much better than her! I love you Yunho-ah, it’s just an arranged marriage. Don’t be so serious about it.” Soojin pleaded, as she scoffed.

“It may be just an arranged marriage to you, but I’m in love with her.” Yunho replied, his tone was serious. “If anything happens to my wife and kids, you’ll be responsible for it. Just leave us alone will you?”

And with that he hung up the call. He was pacing up and down, thinking of how to fix this problem. He tried calling her several more times, but as expected she already turned off her phone. He was more worried about Ji Eun’s condition than anything else.


Both Ji Eun and Yoochun were standing in front of a country house, knocking on the door several times. It had stopped raining by the time they arrived there. A few minutes later, the door slowly opened, revealing someone very familiar to Ji Eun.

“Ji Eun-ah, is that you? What are you doing here sweetheart?” the warm voice of her stepmother welcomed her. It’s been a while since she talked with her.

“Yejin omma… can I stay with you for a while?” she pleaded, grabbing onto her warm hands.

Lee Yejin aka her stepmother stared at her in shock. She took a glance behind Ji Eun to find out that the man wasn’t Yunho. Yoochun smiled warmly at her as he introduced himself.

“What happened Ji Eun-ah? Where’s Yunho?” she asked in confusion.

“I’ll explain later.”

Hello everyone, it was shocking for me to find out that my story is featured. i never expected that it would be and didn't hope that much either. Thank you so much for all the wishes. I really appreciate every single comment that you guys posted. Honestly, i have never recieved this much comment at once.  Thank you so much for all my loyal readers and subscribers. I wouldn't have come this far without you guys. And thank you for those new readers and subscribers.

I know that this story has been on for a year already and I have quite a lot of chapters, but I am planning to end it sooner or later. I'm currently busy with college and stuff, so i haven't been able to update that much. I'll be sitting for and exam next week and will be quite busy after that too. I'll only have free time by May. But i'll try to finish this story by then. 

Thank you for your patience and support. I hope to write more great chapters in the future. Enjoy reading!