Not A Good Start...

Something Called Love...

Their scheduled flight was today and the young couple was packing up for the trip. Yunho took out his suitcase and began packing up his clothes as he felt a hand stopping him. He turned and saw his wife smiling at him.

“I’ll pack it for you oppa,” Ji Eun said as she neatly folded the clothes.

Yunho grabbed his clothes back from her, “I can do it myself.”

“It’s ok, I’ll help you,” she urged, even when she wasn’t finished with her luggage.

“No, I usually pack by myself,”

Ji Eun was being persistent as she insisted, “But oppa, I can do this.”

“Jung Ji Eun, I said stop it!” Yunho suddenly yelled, his voice went higher.

Ji Eun jumped in shock and stared at him. She was shock at his sudden attitude. She slowly let go of the his clothes, feeling her heart sunk a bit.

“Mianhe, I won’t disturb you,” she looked down at her feet and scurried out the door.

Yunho let out a frustrated sigh as he rubbed his temples. He’s feeling tensed as his mind was occupied with a lot of things and Ji Eun’s interference somehow rubbed him the wrong way.

It was simply a problem with the business. Yunho received a call earlier informing him that Jung Corp. has failed to sign an important contract. A project he had been working on for weeks.

They failed, because he wasn’t there at the moment. He wanted to cancel their honeymoon, but Yunho knew his family would be furious at him. He let out another loud sigh as he finished packing up.


The couple were at the airport right now, waiting for their departure. But Yunho seemed occupied with his cellphone. Since Yunho’s sudden outburts earlier, Ji Eun didn’t dare to ask him what’s wrong. She doesn’t want to get in anymore trouble.

“I don’t care what you have to do, just check the files again!” Yunho yelled through his phone, earning a few stares from people around them.

Yunho slumped back to his chair as he breathed heavily. Ji Eun bowed apologetically to the other passengers for disturbing them. She glanced at her disappointed husband, something tells her their honeymoon won’t run smoothly.

Ji Eun glanced at the clock before dashing off somewhere. Yunho didn’t even bother asking where she went. A few minutes later, she came back holding something in her hands.

She handed a hot cup of tea in front of her husband’s face, “Drink this oppa, it’ll calm you down,”

Yunho slowly took the drink and immediately drank the hot tea, “Yah, it’s hot!”

“Ah, mianhe,” Ji Eun grabbed the cup and slowly blew into it, letting it cool. After she made sure the tea was cool enough, she handed it back to him.

Ji Eun watched as her husband slowly gulped down the tea. He took a deep breath after that, handing the empty cup back to his wife. He looked more relaxed after that.


Throughout the flight, Yunho didn’t even bother to speak a word with his wife. Almost anything at all could ignite his anger. Ji Eun was being very understanding as she kept quiet, being extra careful not to make him mad.

She felt dispirited, knowing that their vacation wouldn’t run as planned. She had to admit feeling happy about this honeymoon. Ji Eun has never been outside of Incheon before her marriage. She always stayed at home while in Seoul too.

Ji Eun knew not to expect their honeymoon to be like the usual honeymoons for other couples. But she was hoping she could spend more time with him. Maybe even getting to know each other better.

Yunho was being nice and sweet to her a few days ago, but he turned cold by just a simple phone call that morning. Ji Eun knew how much the company means to him. She almost cancelled their trip to Jeju, but knowing her parents-in-law, they would reject it.

With Yunho’s current state of mind, it was useless to try and talk to him. Ji Eun suddenly felt sleepy as she let her eyes close, falling into a nap.

Yunho was busy on his laptop, oblivious of his surroundings. He was trying to get back the contract he just lost. He was jolted back to reality when he felt something on his shoulder.

“Aish, so annoying,” Yunho groaned silently.

He turned to his left and saw Ji Eun was asleep with her head resting on his shoulder. He was too occupied with his problem that for a minute there, he forgot about his wife.

“You must be really tired. Huh?” Yunho gazed at Ji Eun’s sleeping face as he closed his laptop shut.

Ji Eun shifted in her sleep, trying to get comfortable. Her head unconsciously moved from his shoulder and rested on his chest, cheek turned sideways against his chest.

“Yah,” he grumbled as he tried to push Ji Eun back but he was afraid to wake her up. So, they ended up in that position as Yunho sighed heavily.

Tucking her bangs behind her ear, Yunho smiled, She’s p-pretty cute… this way…

Yunho covered his wife with the plane blanket as she snuggled closer to him. He was hesitant at first but then smiled as he slowly and carefully caressed her cheek.

“Do I… like you Jung Ji Eun?” he asked himself. “I… don’t know myself.”

Yunho wasn’t sure if his feelings for Ji Eun is like or just a sense of responsibility. Those two things means differently. He didn’t want it to be infatuation either as it is short-lived. Could it be… love?

Still caressing her cheeks, Yunho bent down and was about to kiss her lips out of instinct when he stopped at the thought of Ji Eun waking up. He ended up giving a soft peck on her forehead instead.

Yunho rested his head on top of his wife’s and hugged her closer for warmth. He gently her hair as he too fell into a slumber.

“But somehow… this feels right. Very right.” he smiled to himself.

 


 

“So, what have you got about her?” a woman asked a man.

“Name, Lee Ji Eun. Age, 18 years old turning 19. Parents, Lee Sugeun and Lee Yejin. She was a student at Incheon High School. A bright and model student, excellent in academics and outdoors.” The man read the details in his laptop one by one.

The woman in front of him stayed silent for a while, thinking hard. “Seems perfect. But she’s too young for him. Seriously, 18 years old? What’s wrong with Jung Hyundong and Jung Misun?”

“But ma’am, she has the right qualities. Excellent in cooking and household chores, basically the perfect wife. She’s very obedient too,” the man added.

“Seems like the naïve and innocent type. Piece of cake for me. I wonder what Yunho really thinks of her…” the woman scoffed, an evil grin plastered on his face.

“There’s also something else… a family secret. But I haven’t look into that matter yet,”

“Hmm… investigate that. Also find out how they were arranged to marry. I want to know more details about her background.” The woman ordered.

“Of course ma’am, it will take some time though,”

“I want it as soon as possible, before things get out of hand,”

“Yes, ma’am,” the man nodded and left hurriedly.


 

updated~! sorry for the short chapter. i will explain their honeymoon more on the next chapter.

i hope you'll enjoy~! thnx for reading!